Skoda Yeti Amundsen + DAB module

jezzep

Hi Guys,

Took my delivery of a Yeti this week, loving it!!!

I note the new Yeti's have the Amunsden + which can take DAB. My one was before it was an option. Does anyone know the module for DAB and how easy it is to fit? I'm an Electronic engineer so probably can work it out. However I need to know the module?

Best Regards

JeZ

I have the Amunsden + in my Yeti Urban, and assumed (according to the 2013 Yeti configurator), that the Amunsden + option on 2013 Yetis, includes DAB as standard. Not sure what you are referring to in respect to a "module".

I have the Amunsden + in my Yeti Urban, and assumed (according to the 2013 Yeti configurator), that the Amunsden + option on 2013 Yetis, includes DAB as standard. Not sure what you are referring to in respect to a "module".

Well the DAB is not available in my unit and I looked through the manual and the option to enable or disable it, is not present. I must admit it does have me confused, so I assumed it was a separate module, that has to be provided to support it....Any ideas would be appreciated? I did note in the 2013 configurator on the SE+ the DAB is a 200UKP option. So I think it is an additional module....The manual though does talk about DAB but mine doesn't have the band selector, nor the option in radio->setup->DAB....

BR

Jerry

Edited by jezzep

Best you post this question in the general ICE section I'd say, as this radio is not Yeti specific and more people might help you there.

http://www.briskoda....e-and-security/

Thanks got my answer....

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/265861-dab-question/

There are two versions of the RN315 DAB and non DAB....It isn't the end of the world though. I knew the risk when I ordered mine and I stream to the radio anyway....

BR

Jerry

There are two versions of the RN315 DAB and non DAB

I might be wrong but my understanding was that Amundsen = RNS310 & Amundsen + (with DAB) = RNS315

Pedantic observations aside, my dealer assured me that a DAB module could be retro-fitted to any of the HU's. Whether this option my dealer was offering provides you with 'real' DAB or just access to DAB stations (subsequently transmitted via FM to your head unit) though, I've no idea, as I didn't pursue it.

P.S: Here's an example of the FM modulator type. I'm pretty convinced that this is the type of thing my dealer was talking about:

http://www.halfords....tegoryId_265865

Although this particular one doesn't list compatibility with any of the sat-nav enabled units:

http://www.halfords.com/wcsstore/libraries/document/AutoDAB%20Application%20Guide060112.pdf

Edited by Skoda Al Coda

The Amundsen + doesn't come with DAB even though the instructions say it does. ( it is now an option though )

The aerial connector is missing on the back so its not something that can be retro fitted, easiest way would be to get the SEAT / VW version on the RNS315 they will have the DAB aerial connector

Hi Guys,

Took my delivery of a Yeti this week, loving it!!!

I note the new Yeti's have the Amunsden + which can take DAB. My one was before it was an option. Does anyone know the module for DAB and how easy it is to fit? I'm an Electronic engineer so probably can work it out. However I need to know the module?

Best Regards

JeZ

I think you'll find it's integrated into the radio and not a module.

Fred

• Like 1

The Amundsen + doesn't come with DAB even though the instructions say it does. ( it is now an option though )

The aerial connector is missing on the back so its not something that can be retro fitted, easiest way would be to get the SEAT / VW version on the RNS315 they will have the DAB aerial connector

Correct, my bad!

I thought the '+' meant DAB but I now understand it refers to a complete re-design of the 310 whereby, amongst other things, mapping data is held in internal memory. DAB or no-DAB is an entirely different teapot of fish fingers.

That'll teach me to try and offer advice on something I'd thought I'd read - so sorry, I'll get back in me box :blush:

My Amunsden + has certainly got DAB. I am not referring to the instructions but the Radio 2 DAB display on the screen.

Pure Highway 300Di Digital Radio Media Adaptor

Product Details: The Pure Highway 300Di in-vehicle DAB radio and audio adapter is now available. Help customers prepare for the analogue-to-digital radio switchover. It can also play music from iPods, iPhones, iPads, and USB MP3 players through the vehicle’s speakers, and it also charges the devices.

· Dual digital radio tuners mean you always have the most up-to-date digital station list and won’t need to re-tune.

· Compact, dash-mounted detachable controller with easy-to-read OLED display.

· Discreet internal windscreen-mounted antenna.

· Pause and rewind live digital radio.

· Enhances and modernises vehicles, helping set them apart from the competition.

Fitted price :- £295.56 INC VAT

AutoDAB

Product Details: AutoDAB is a plug and play DAB interface which requires installation of a screen film DAB antenna. It provides DAB radio stations via a FM pre-set station. All controls can where available be carried out by the steering wheel controls or via the remote control pad that can be mounted on the centre console area.

Sent by my dealer when I inquired about DAB Amunsden. He told me the Amunsden was not a very good unit & was a waste of money!

Edited by Andito

Nearly 300 quid for something that relies on an FM modulator?? You must be having a giraffe.

Any DAB + modulator has two problems to overcome:

• 1st it has to be able to find a good DAB signal & hold onto it. Not very likely yet - at least a properly integrated unit will switch to the FM equivalent, where available, when signal dropped (though no use on a DAB-only station)
  • 2nd, it has to find a 'clean' FM signal to use to transmit to HU. Normally possible on your own driveway but hard to maintain on the move.

Let the early adopters pay for the development costs!

If ever analogue signals do get turned off:

• Price of such units will drop to thruppence ha'penny, and
  • DAB signal will unboubtedly be better, and
  • FM modulator will finally work as interference from analogue stations will be gone

Edited by Skoda Al Coda
  • Like 1

Most of these units like the Pure Highway 300di and AutoDab use 'direct injection' for the FM signal -they send the signal directly down the aerial cable in to the back of the car stereo so are not liable to suffer from interference.

• Like 1

Most of these units like the Pure Highway 300di and AutoDab use 'direct injection' for the FM signal -they send the signal directly down the aerial cable in to the back of the car stereo so are not liable to suffer from interference.

Many thanks - makes complete sense now.

I'd suffered so much frustration with transmitters in the past, that I had my mind closed to the obvious (even shows it on the AutoDab diagram - doh :blush: )

Thank heavens for friendly forums - 1 day older & slightly less stupid :dance:

Edited by Skoda Al Coda

I'm thinking a pure highway to be honest. I knew when I ordered it that the 300d was a good unit. I was wondering when i got my current yeti, if the amunsden+ was dab with a module. Now it is clear I'll go for one i think, although I'm experimenting with tunein radio and Bluetooth :-)

Br

JeZ

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

P.S: Here's an example of the FM modulator type. I'm pretty convinced that this is the type of thing my dealer was talking about:

http://www.halfords....tegoryId_265865

Although this particular one doesn't list compatibility with any of the sat-nav enabled units:

http://www.halfords....Guide060112.pdf

Anyone any experience of this? Particularly does it affect the standard operation of the original radio/bluetooth phone system is any way?

Hi all,

Update....I was experimenting with the android "tunein" radio app. I have a test account with unlimited data (Three based). I use this with bluetooth activated and in the menu on the Amunsden+ I activate source to be bluetooth audio. It works quite well ;-) To be honest you don't need the Bluetooth to connect you could just connect 9mm jack to the front of the Amunsden+, and then you have the Radio stations you want!! I have my beloved 6music, so I'm a happy bunny anyway :blush:

BR

JeZ

Hi all,

Update....I was experimenting with the android "tunein" radio app. I have a test account with unlimited data (Three based). I use this with bluetooth activated and in the menu on the Amunsden+ I activate source to be bluetooth audio. It works quite well ;-) To be honest you don't need the Bluetooth to connect you could just connect 9mm jack to the front of the Amunsden+, and then you have the Radio stations you want!! I have my beloved 6music, so I'm a happy bunny anyway :blush:

BR

JeZ

That's great until you enter a black hole. Plenty around South London on EE. And Vodafone. And O2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's great until you enter a black hole. Plenty around South London on EE. And Vodafone. And O2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah no worse than dab reception probably....To be honest you're right, but for my commute it works fine....

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 years later...

I thought the '+' meant DAB but I now understand it refers to a complete re-design of the 310 whereby, amongst other things, mapping data is held in internal memory. DAB or no-DAB is an entirely different teapot of fish fingers.

Crap. Finally got our 2013 Roomster, and I assumed the same thing... :(