Heated Side Mirrors

All 3 of my Superb II Elegance had heated external mirrors and my new 2013 Superb L & K has heated external mirrors.

All 4 vehicles have had the same mirror control switch so I would be most surprised if yours does not have them.

Just a quick question. I have my L&K now and I'm loving it but can anyone tell me if the side mirrors are heated ??

The heated mirror switch is located on the adjustment toggle (drivers door) at about the one "O" clock position. It is often not visible from the drivers seat and if you read the manual it clearly shows this if the manual has come with the car.

The heated mirror switch is located on the adjustment toggle (drivers door) at about the one "O" clock position. It is often not visible from the drivers seat.... .

....and is very easy to forget and leave it on as there is no warning light and it doesn't cancel like the heated rear window or windscreen when you turn off the ignition.

....and is very easy to forget and leave it on as there is no warning light and it doesn't cancel like the heated rear window or windscreen when you turn off the ignition.

Quite cheap and easy to replace if they do burn out though. About £15 each on the bay of E for a decent heated and tinted mirror replacement.

It does turn off after 10 minutes though, same as the rear window heater. You have to flip the switch to another position and back on to heat to make it heat again. The delay can be adjusted if you want, I turn mine up to 20 minutes (same timer applies to both rear window and mirror heater).

• 3 years later...

Hi all

Just back from the Skoda dealer after getting my car serviced.

I noticed that the passenger mirror wasn't heating up a while back so I asked the dealer to have a look at it with winter near upon us.

He says i'd need new mirror glass. Cost? €310 inc VAT and €70 to put it in. He says it will take about and hour to put it in!

Is this an easy job to do? Is the mirror glass easy to pop out? I'm wondering is it the mirror thats faulty or the connectors.

If it is the mirror thats faulty, any idea what type of mirror is needed for the passenger side - convex, wide angle or flat?

My car is a 2010 2.0 TDI CR Elegance Hatch

Thanks in advance

G.

It's definitely not an hour's work to fit, maybe 10 minutes. The glass clips onto a mount inside the housing that's controlled by the adjustment motor. €310 for the part is also insane - the last time I bought a heated mirror element (for a Passat) it was about €55 from the dealer - I highly doubt the Superb one is any more complicated.

He says i'd need new mirror glass. Cost? €310 inc VAT and €70 to put it in. He says it will take about and hour to put it in!

Is this for a heated-only or heated and dimming mirror?

Holy crap!

€380 for a heated mirror glass!?

Are you sure they haven't quoted you for a full door mirror, painted and fitted!?

:D

Seriously, pick one up off eBay and fit it yourself in 10 minutes.

Have a look at this linkReplace wing mirror glass? - Skoda Octavia Mk II (2004 - 2013 ...

I would be surprised if the method of removal is not the same. I did have a Mk1 Superb that had a loose mirror and i removed it using the same advice as the link. I glued it back onto the motoring bracket and no problems.

While I had apart I cleaned and greased the contact as they were looking a bit shoddy. 

Another couple of links for you to look at, will give you some ideas about pricing:

Buy Skoda Superb Replacement Parts | Wing Mirrors and Accessories

Wing Mirror Replacements - WingMirrorMan.co.uk‎

Hmmm, our L&K mirrors (heated and dimmable) have a clear mirror border maybe 5mm wide with a faint blue tinge in the middle portion - this middle portion dims with the rear view mirror.

Edited by jonathan.tong