Car pulling to the left

Have recently had car in for some work, new coil springs at the back, f/n/s ball joint and 2 new front tyres. Since then the car has started to pull left, mainly noticable on motorway. Have driven same route for years so not down to road camber etc.

Have since had tracking done, with an adjustment to camber. Had tracking rechecked by another garage, was spot on. Have also checked all tyre pressures.

Anyone any idea what could be causing it or had similar issue?

Hope you can help.

Thanks in advance.

If everything is mechanically correct, and the tracking, camber alignment is right.

Look at the tyres.

'Run Out Stripes' google it.

See where they are on the tyres as the Tyre Fitter fitted them.

Not saying thats it, but possible.

george

ie

http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=165

• Like 2

Taking it back in soon as I've noticed slightly more wear on the outside shoulder of the n/s tyre. Also mpg is down about 10% (6mpg). Having read other peoples encounters of this problem I think it may be a nightmare trying to sort out.

Apparently the camber can be adjusted on mk 1 octys, read so on a few posts on here.

If everything is mechanically correct, and the tracking, camber alignment is right.

Look at the tyres.

'Run Out Stripes' google it.

See where they are on the tyres as the Tyre Fitter fitted them.

Not saying thats it, but possible.

george

ie

http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=165

George, very rarely do I stumble on info thats going to be of any real world use to me these days.

I just know this is going to take my OCD to a whole new level at tyre changing time :D

• 2 weeks later...

Still got the problem! Took it back to dealers and they said they made a slight adjustment to the track rod, hasn't made much difference apart from my steering wheel now being slightly left down! Taking it back soon for their 'top tech' to take a look for a couple of day...

Watch this space!