FELICIA/FAVORIT APPRECIATION THREAD

• 1 month later...

Just bought myself a favorit today! Ad in the local paper...1994, one owner from new, 19K miles, FSH.  It isn't perfect, but as close to as possible - original tool roll, unused, in boot.

Chuffed to bits....me and the missus had a favorit back in the day and it brings back lots of happy memories.

An impulse buy, but it's getting me smiling already.

Cheers

Martin

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

On the 1.3 MPI the inlet pushrods are aluminum. Supposedly they reduce valve train chatter in colder climates. The camshaft has been reground by a friend of mine who owns a car workshop and drives F-segment rally.

Engitec also does custom camshafts that aren't all that expensive.

I have an Engitec 278degree cam in my 135 engined 1.3 Felicia: it's a brilliant cam when paired with a custom exhaust and K&N. I've not done a dyno run yet, but she'll give most 1600s a scare at traffic lights!! :D . It worked out around at £180 posted to the UK, but I kept costs down by fitting it myself, and I used a full set of steel pushrods with it because I have a spare engine.

• 1 month later...

I have an Engitec 278degree cam in my 135 engined 1.3 Felicia: it's a brilliant cam when paired with a custom exhaust and K&N. I've not done a dyno run yet, but she'll give most 1600s a scare at traffic lights!! :D . It worked out around at £180 posted to the UK, but I kept costs down by fitting it myself, and I used a full set of steel pushrods with it because I have a spare engine.

You'll find the aluminium pushrods are fine I had to use them in Kermit and he revs to 8300.

• 4 weeks later...

I said a little hello over in the Newbie section but I just wanted to show you my 250 quid 1999 Felicia 1.9D that I bought to tour Ireland in last year and it's just kept going and going and now after 8 months I've decided that it's now going from banger to keeper so I'm sharing my appreciation! BTW this years road trip is the North Coast 500 in Scotland. Anyway, I'll be on to the wonky heater motor & broken door lock threads soon lol!

IMG_20160617_194637803_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A very nice person on FB tweeked my pic of our road trip round the Causeway Coast this week. Unfortunately Photoshop cant get rid of the road dirt, which is hiding the rust, but you can see that I've invested in a set of wheel trims since last summer. Just thought I'd share :-)

FB_IMG_1487099541175.jpg

Edited by JimMagill

Nice to see you got that one and it's gone to a member on here.  I was watching that one but Nottingham is a bit far and I'm still not brave enough to bid on cars without seeing them. 

So then I started watching another one near Norwich.  This used to belong to someone on here so I contacted him about it. This time I thought I may be brave enough to bid as I knew it was good one. But whilst I was watching that, this turned up a mere seven miles away! 

20170218_160034.jpg

I went to see it and it was blocked in by six other cars in a little workshop. I couldn't even get up the side of it. But the guy suggested a price I couldn't refuse so I  said yes there and then.

I went back a couple of days later once he'd dug it out. 

So here we have a mk1 with 27,000 miles. This sounds low but it seems so many of them have very low mileage. 

It's been stood a couple of years. I picked it up last Tuesday and took it straight to MOT.  Needed a few jobs but nothing serious.  It's going back for its retest this afternoon. 

The main problem seems to be with the carb. It hesitates when you first pull away. But I'll get the MOT first so I can use it then work on that.

• Like 1

The carbs on my Estelle's / rapid used to be a bit tetchy, especially if left standing. It was usually down to the little "O" rings perishing. I bought a box of assorted ones and replaced them regularly. That usually cured them.

This apparently is a Pierburg 2e3.  They were used extensively on VWs of the period and apparently are quite troublesome.  

I'm sure Ricardo has written plenty on here about them, assuming it's the same as the ones used on Felicias.  I shall have to start reading up on them. 

Love the colour of yours by the way. I like these bright non metallics. They do stand out in the modern sea of black/grey/white.

Not impressed with this new forum. It won't let me put any more pictures on saying something about 4mb maximum. 

But the whole layout looks more like the old mobile site which I never used even on my mobile. All the profile info and signatures have gone. Looks cheap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well thought it was about time I put a pic of my old 1.3 felly purchased new by me in 1998 and that was at a time when I was working now long retired and boy am I glad I kepted her I would not know what to replace her with, when I purchased her a lot of my works mates said what on earth did you by that for they are rubbish most of them have changed there cars several times me she just keeps rolling on 86,000 miles on the clock now and i hope never to let her go.

Some time ago I looked at the Fabia and thought it was no way as good as my Felicia well here she is S54OVP and I was 54 when I purchased her.

If you are wondering about the wheels well my neighbour was clearing out his garage and there they were very grubby and he on wanted £40 for the 4 so some cheep tyres and I am happy better to be born lucky than rich.

DSC_1777.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks in nice condition, and at a bargain price too.

I am considering selling my rally replica Favorit if I can find anyone interested to start the hunt for a Felicia Fun.

PICT0604.JPG

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Skoda Felicia Sport Line 
Aging does not affect it...
I would say it makes it more beautiful.
The seat covers are just for protection
Seats are phenomenal sadly i do not have photos of them. 

ESHETIC SKODA 2.jpg

ESHETIC SKODA 3.jpg

ESHETIC SKODA 4.jpg

ESHETIC SKODA.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all

New to the forum, and to Skoda ownership but here is a picture of my new acquisition. 1994 LXie Plus in fabulous Carribean green. Bought from a fellow Briskoda forum member. 96k , rusty arches and flat paint so not been a garage queen but nice and straight and original and runs pretty well after replacing the entire ignition system to cure a non starting engine.  Lost its factory hub caps over the years and appears to be wearing Felicia wing mirrors instead of Favorit ones.

Seems to have exhaust manifold gasket blow and few other jobs to do before I take it on the Monte Carlo or bust European trip in July.

Cant wait ;)

20190324_182041.jpg

• Like 1