4x4 service schedule

Hi all, does anyone know when the 4x4 gubbins on my car will need anything looking at? I know the general service schedule is in the handbook but it doesnt mention the 4x4 system?

Thanks in advance!

Lots of talk on here about this, just had a Haldex oil change that's all there is to do for a service, on my 4th variable service @ 74,000,

but the dealer said its done at 40,000 now it cost £47 with the service.

• Like 1

The problem is most dealers are blissfully unaware of the need to change the Haldex oil.

If it wasn't for me asking them to do it they wouldn't have done it.

It either isn't listed on the service schedule (nothing mentioned in my service book) or the dealers just aren't informed...

The 05.10 edition of the Superb/Octavia/Yeti service schedule specifies a Haldex oil change at 60,000 km. There is no filter to change on the Haldex 4 coupling, which needs different oil to the Haldex 2 coupling. ELSAWIN warns that 'both oils for the Haldex coupling must neither be mixed up nor mixed.'

My Octavia is unlikely to reach 40,000 miles for some years to come so I need to confirm with my 3 local Skoda dealers to see if they all agree that the change interval is now 3 years. I will also check in advance that the correct spec oil is used.

There is on the generation 2 Haldex.

Agreed, which is why I had the filter changed during the 2nd and 4th Haldex oil changes when I owned a 2002 Octavia 1.8T 4X4. IIRC the service schedule for that car specified Haldex oil changes every 2 years and filter changes every 4.

For interest, I was advised following an earlier post of mine about the Haldex 4 that while it doesn't have an external replaceable filter, it does have an internal filter.