wrc body kit project

leenel88

I'm going to see them this Saturday to see if I can speed the process up

James is off on honeymoon in a matter of days so it might be a pointless trip unless you have arranged it with someone else. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all bit of an update as to whats been going on 

had emi light came on scanned it fuel temp sensor replaced that reset all is good 

started on the rear wheel arches inside the doors as they needed repairs drilled the ends of the cracks ground them out and fibreglass filled then sanded back ready for tuff coating

started stripping tops of the doors as them areas have cracked after years of road use ground out the cracks fibreglass filled  

had a cpl of issues regarding the washer bottle as tyre was rubbing when on full lock removed the bottle bought smaller one and relocated more out the way for clearance

next thing this coming weekend is to remove the front bumper to repair the kerb damage that has been done in the past to the lower front lip ive got all new fixings for the front bumper 

i will post up pics of the bumper the rest i will upload as i go along 

thanks Stu 

• Like 2

Hi all sorry no pics to upload as of yet been busy in our workshop for last cpl of weeks 

over last day or two i noticed a small knock from the underside front area and more movement than usual first thing this morn got to work straight on ramp jacked up found front passenger trackrod had play init upon more inspections ive found movement with my polybushes not to happy about that will be making enquiries  with supplier of these as they only cpl of months old 

outcome was replaced both track rods re tracked car it now feels better im not noticing the movement to much from the front arms after both track rods were replaced but will be looking into spending a bit more next time on poly bush kit you get what you pay for :) 

did full nut n bolt check all wheels off copper greased all road affected parts bit of winter protection get it ready for trip to grizedale stages rally this weekend 

the to do list is starting to creep up only in the body work department as im finding little areas that need special attention to get perfect before she goes for paint ive bought a lot of wrc related graphix for when its painted mech wise im more than happy she is sound n solid no strange knocks or bumps/clangs as it did have when i first got hold of it :)

• Like 1

small update car going on the ramp on saturday going to jet wash and clean all the underside straighten the undersills which have been damaged when jacking it up clean any rust patches treat and then i got 5 ltrs of waxoil to fully coat the whole underside for winter protection 

apart from them bits all is well and still makes me smile from ear to ear 

Just read through this whole thread, what an awesome build! Super jealous of the car, wish I had the know-how/funds to do anything half as cool to my car, but I'm more than happy to just gawk at the pictures for now.  :o

Ball's in your court now, fabwrc. ;)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi to all sorry for the lack of updates on here as i dont use this to much but here is a link to the body restoration i did on the fabia more plans still left its booked in for a full multi point weld in rollcage plus lots more on the books https://www.facebook.com/stuart.mchugh.71/media_set?set=a.10155850314514546.662549545&type=3   thats my facebook album have a look through :)

• Like 2