Weird Breathing Noise from Mechatronic Unit on Shutdown

OZYETI

Hi All,

I have posted this topic earlier in the year and so far have not been able to get the issue with my Yeti sorted, so I am "reigniting" the thread, with some hope somebody can help me out.

I have a 2012 Skoda Yeti, 1.2ltr coupled to a 7 speed DSG.

At the 15k service Skoda performed a DSG update and since then, the car, specifically the gearbox has developed a weird breathing/pressure relief noise on shutdown.

It has since been determined by me, and confirmed by Skoda that the noise is coming from the mechatronic unit housed within the gearbox.

Since the noise has become apparent the car has been into the dealer 3 times and has not yet been fixed.

What we do know is.

Noise is coming from the Mechatronics unit within the gearbox.

Noise appeared when the dealer did the 15k service, there was also a DSG update.

Since returning to the dealer x 3 they have;

1st visit - Told me it's nothing and is just the engine/turbo/pumps winding down.

2nd visit - Reloaded the DSG update done at 15 k service as they said it did not load correctly 1st time.

3rd visit(different dealer) - downloaded a Skoda "fix" to the DSG as per communications with Skoda International.

So far nothing has fixed the issue.

I am once again going back to the last dealer, and once again they have told me Skoda International have asked them to keep the car and run more tests. They tell me it is all good to drive and is safe and no damage is occurring further.

This seems to be the case as the car is performing normally and fuel economy has not changed.

Can anyone help me out?

Can anyone with the same motor, gearbox set up tell me they do or don't get the same noise?

Any help for me and Skoda would be great fully appreciated.

• 1 month later...

**UPDATE**

Sorry for the late update.

Issue has been fixed!

Mechatronic unit replaced under warranty, no more noises, fuel economy has improved all is great!

• Like 3

• 10 months later...