Protection of the rear seat armrest pads and boot blind

33q

I have always been concerned of marking the armrest pads with stuff in the boot and also that using the armrests leave the boot contents exposed from both a safety and security perspective so....

post-62147-0-55350900-1365093903_thumb.jpg

and from the front

post-62147-0-23521400-1365093908_thumb.jpg

It's just carpet folded and stuck....melted the edges with a blow torch to stop fraying

It's not fixed in any way but is retained by the parcel shelf and the boot floor (spare wheel type)

If I drop the seats the carpet can just lay over the top of the seat backs so its quite versatile

Nigel

• Like 1

Good idea and looks good. You don't happen to have the measurements available by any chance, will have to have a go at it myself

I will post the measurements tomorrow. As I've been playing in the garage all day with various things I have to take her ladyship out tonight.....mind you I quite like Kathryn Jenkins.

I will post the measurements tomorrow. As I've been playing in the garage all day with various things I have to take her ladyship out tonight.....mind you I quite like Kathryn Jenkins.

Taking Kathryn Jenkins measurements.... ponder ponder ponder....... and off to the corner I go. Any beer left Bob?

I think I've broken a Welsh byelaw misspelling Katherine Jenkins. Anyway we are seated and being told to switch that b.....y phone off

I will retreat to a corner when I get home.

I think I've broken a Welsh byelaw misspelling Katherine Jenkins. Anyway we are seated and being told to switch that b.....y phone off

I will retreat to a corner when I get home.

And I confess I quoted with the miss spell as well. I will continue my spell in the corner... still pondering Katherines' measurements ..... :) Wonderful voice

Edited by Hairball

And I confess I quoted with the miss spell as well. I will continue my spell in the corner... still pondering Katherines' measurements ..... :) Wonderful voice

I think I am going to start replying to this forum via Google Chrome as it picks out the spelling mistakes, looking at some of my earlier posts there are a few. I put it down to the intoxicating stuff I tend to participate of whilst browsing the forum, but it looks like Chrome could help eliminate the spelling but not the nonscence I sometimes put on here

I think I am going to start replying to this forum via Google Chrome as it picks out the spelling mistakes, looking at some of my earlier posts there are a few. I put it down to the intoxicating stuff I tend to participate of whilst browsing the forum, but it looks like Chrome could help eliminate the spelling but not the nonscence I sometimes put on here

I have suddenly acquired a spelling error corrector/spell check when adding my valuable contributions to this forum, the only thing I have done is upgrade to Internet Explorer 10. A box appears on the screen asking permission to connect to Microsoft and hey bleeding presto no more spelling mistakes! :happy: And, more importantly, you can drink as much wine as you like :drunk:

Chrome alas ONLY corrects to American English. So utterly useless.

As to that meowing Jenkins woman. God help anyone's ears that get near to her. :-) The same town is already to close for me let alone the same auditorium. But each to their own.

As to the carpet: very clever.

• Like 3

Chrome alas ONLY corrects to American English. So utterly useless.

As to that meowing Jenkins woman. God help anyone's ears that get near to her. :-) The same town is already to close for me let alone the same auditorium. But each to their own.

As to the carpet: very clever.

Who said anything about her singing :giggle:

However, I have heard that a good voice comes from good lungs.

I know.... Hairball, its your round :)

• Like 3

I use old karrimat....To the better holidayed this is the mat you sleep on when you go camping :-)

JeZ

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Brilliant idea; so I just did the same to mine. To add even more value (for me anyway) I happened to have an old, but unused so new condition, boot carpet that fitted my (now sold) Elan +2 . It was the perfect size to fit behind the seats with a small wrap around the edges so it's fixed when the seats are fully "reclined" and further secured between the seat backs and dog guard - conservation in action :-)

Thanks for the tip!

Bringing us back on topic.....mind you she was good.....

The cover is 1120mm wide at the top, 990 mm at the bottom. It's 630mm high.

I tapered the sides in from midway down

Here is photo with it removed from the car

post-62147-0-01769800-1365181166_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Brilliant idea; so I just did the same to mine. To add even more value (for me anyway) I happened to have an old, but unused so new condition, boot carpet that fitted my (now sold) Elan +2 . It was the perfect size to fit behind the seats with a small wrap around the edges so it's fixed when the seats are fully "reclined" and further secured between the seat backs and dog guard - conservation in action :-)

Thanks for the tip!

I have had that carpet in the garage for 10 years...so my outlay was zero too.

I might have been tempted to Ebay the Elan carpet....but at least it has been put to good use

• Like 1

I made mine this afternoon.

I cut a rectangle out of the living room carpet.

Not sure what the cost is...... Yet

• Like 3

I nearly choked on my tea.

A bit of an ear bashing from SWMBO when she moves the sofa :D , and then it will cost you big time :rofl: