1.2 Tsi petrol - good mpg?

Hi all

Am on the verge of buying a Skoda Fabia 1.2TSi Monte Carlo Tech and wondered if 1.2TSI engines gave good miles per gallon both around town etc and motorway runs etc ?? :)

Round town mide 30s to 40s

Motorway @ 70 lates 30s maybe early 40s

60-65 mog mide to late 40s

If you work hard at being very economical you can get it in to the 50s

• Like 1

should give at least 50 mpg on a run. i had a 1.2tsi 105 seat leon for a training course through work and it was quite nippy tbh. i managed 49.5mpg on a run to thame takin it steady with cruise on. drove it a lot harder on way home and got 46 mpg so depends on how heavy your right foot is.

Hi, i have a 2011 Tsi (86) and i do 40 miles a day to work, 3 miles of A road then 17 miles of M.way and then the same home.i rarely go over 60 and always use C.control when poss.I cant get 50 mpg as hard as i try its always around 48 mpg, bit disappointed but i love this wee engine so i dont mind. :blush:

Ours does mid to high 30's around town, up to 50mpg on a steady run, high 40's motorway below 70mph and drops off the faster you go, at 80mph you are down to 40mpg.

Our BMW 1.6 turbo petrol can match it in all the figures and is slightly better at higher motorway speeds.

My Passat 2.0TDi is almost 10mpg better at motorway speeds.

The 1.2TSi is a cracking engine but not that economical at higher speeds where the Fabia's poor aerodynamics hurt economy.

Cheers

Lee

Hi, i have a 2011 Tsi (86) and i do 40 miles a day to work, 3 miles of A road then 17 miles of M.way and then the same home.i rarely go over 60 and always use C.control when poss.I cant get 50 mpg as hard as i try its always around 48 mpg, bit disappointed but i love this wee engine so i dont mind. :blush:

Crusie control wont help. As your best mpg can be achieved when not using the thottle. The cruise control will always use some thottle

c52804da401129eabc2f8bce40d43a99.jpg

Edited by CRASH67

Crusie control wont help. As your best mpg can be achieved when not using the thottle. The cruise control will always use some thottle

c52804da401129eabc2f8bce40d43a99.jpg

hi crash 67 .54.3 is good but that is on ur number 1. mpg screen, what does ur number 2 screen read when ur fuel tank is nearly empty. Edited by O.C.D.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/jarre/leon

This is my fill ups for my 1.2TSi engine in a leon :) it was remapped (129bhp) in October 2012. December it had a fuel injector issue so wasn't used much. Remap was taken off a week ago.

From that it really shows I achieved better mpg when it actually had more power!

Edited by jarre

You didn't just have more power - you had better efficiency. That simply translates into more power; power is the by-product.

Yes, it's a different car with a remap on it! I'm extreme bored driving it at the minute with standard map on :(

hi crash 67 .54.3 is good but that is on ur number 1. mpg screen, what does ur number 2 screen read when ur fuel tank is nearly empty.

My trip over a full tank can range from 36-42 depending on how ive been driving. Im geting estimated 350+ miles a tank i think lol

My wife's Monte 1.2 (86) has really got better after around 10,000 miles - on a run to work (20 miles of A roads and little dual carriageway) it is never less that 50mpg and often up to 55mpg - all on the onboard computer though, not worked out manually!

I've got the 105PS engine in my Rapid, memory 2 on my trip computer is currently showing mid 50's, but that isn't across the entire tank as it took me a while to remember to look how to reset the thing! The best I've had on a single trip (20 mile commute in to work, 80% motorways/dual carriageways) was by hyper-miling behind a lorry and got 62mpg.

I'm working on the assumption that the computer calculated figures are a little optimistic, will get a brim to brim calculation after my next full tank (the overall economy for this tank will be down, as the first couple of days I had it I "had some fun" with the acceleration :D)

Edit: I wasn't tail gating the lorry as the "usual" hyper-miling description implies, but keeping a safe breaking distance while still reducing drag!

Edited by Thecko

Terrain probably plays an equal role to driving style, I'm in the north west so it's very 'flat' here compared to other parts of the country.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I pretty much get that mpg from the vRS. Weird!

Not really wierd as the VRS has a more efficient high compression engine. Only its greater weight and slightly worse areodynamic drag coefficient but on flat roads the Fabia VRS can get 50 mpg on the computer or around 47 mpg real at 65-70 mpg it you can be restrained enough to keep it there.

Using the expansion tank and filling to around 50 litres I get 450 miles per tank average in the Fbia VRS but can get 500 miles, on the odo, when trying.

The Tank & Filler pipe needs room for expansion of fuel and the vapour produced when Heat or pressure changes require expansion.

Unless you are going to over fill with fuel and then drive and use up the over fueled amount, it is not sensible to 'Vent' a vehicle..

Parking it up without room for expansion is just dangerous.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/268206-fuel-tank-capacity

george

• Like 1

The Tank & Filler pipe needs room for expansion of fuel and the vapour produced when Heat or pressure changes require expansion.

Unless you are going to over fill with fuel and then drive and use up the over fueled amount, it is not sensible to 'Vent' a vehicle..

Parking it up without room for expansion is just dangerous.

http://www.briskoda....l-tank-capacity

george

Absolutely. Only do this if I know I am gonig to use more than the overfill immediately ie on the journey I am on.

Think it would only be a problem if you filled it up the filler pipe and left it in the sun on a hot day when the car body got well hot, 30, 40, 50 C.

As I said only do it when I am starting a only journey and it is great as it means I can get well over 400 miles from the Fabia VRS.

Had an issues a couple of times with my Fuel Card as it sometimes asks for ID checks if you use it says twice in one day ie morning flll up and then need to refill on the way home if I am doing a 350 mile round trip ie Worcester- Tilbury-Worcester, venting during filling and using some of the neck of the fuel tank pipe does obviate the double daily fill and all the hassle for having this 9.9 gallon tank on a car that can get down as low as mid-thirtiies mpg when hustling along and hence range of not alot over 300 miles.

Absolutely. Only do this if I know I am going to use more than the overfill immediately ie on the journey I am on.

Think it would only be a problem if you filled it up the filler pipe and left it in the sun on a hot day when the car body got well hot, 30, 40, 50 C.

As I said only do it when I am starting a only journey and it is great as it means I can get well over 400 miles from the Fabia VRS.

Had an issues a couple of times with my Fuel Card as it sometimes asks for ID checks if you use it says twice in one day ie morning flll up and then need to refill on the way home if I am doing a 350 mile round trip ie Worcester- Tilbury-Worcester, venting during filling and using some of the neck of the fuel tank pipe does obviate the double daily fill and all the hassle for having this 9.9 gallon tank on a car that can get down as low as mid-thirtiies mpg when hustling along and hence range of not alot over 300 miles.

I have just had my Monte Carlo 105hp in for the first service, done 9,200 miles since June last year when i picked it up.

In all fairness i am delighted with the car, and the performance of the small 1.2 engine (and this coming from a vRS 06 year that was remapped to 160hp by Jabba)

My only gripe is the MPG is miles away from the official figures put out. I always brim it and work it out. Never got over 45mpg even on a sedate run, day to day running is high 30's. The service department said that is about right, and all these figures put out about urban and extra urban are when the engine is bench tested, not in a running car ?

As for the car, anyone thinking about this engine, go and get it. Zero oil consumption, a pleasure to drive and quite sprightly. Shame cannot get near that 50 MPG mark. Out of interest, when I have put in the more higher octane fuel, the MPG has always risen a few miles per gallon. I put in that Tesco stuff, momentum what ever they call it !