Auto Express Driver Power 2013 survey is out and the Superb is?

Unsolicited comment on my Superb Estate 1.8TSi petrol yesterday......"oooh that's a lovely car to drive" ......from the Skoda service receptionist after she'd driven it from the car park to the front door.

• 2 weeks later...

Taking it over to my snobby neighbours who all insist on buying Audi's (Again)!!

Doubt it will make any difference! I went from an A6 S-line Avant to my current Greenline II and my boss (an A6 driver too) continually took the p* for months..... all the surveys, "it's a VW Passat underrneath" etc etc and even now he smirks when I talk about it! Not my issue, I'm delighted with it and much happier than my pretty but ultimately unsatisfying A6 (I do miss the Bose sound system though, that was outstanding compared to Skoda's crappy audio)..... and I'm laughing all the way to the bank as I'm about £400 a month better off :) Some people will just never see any different in my view - their loss....

Doubt it will make any difference! I went from an A6 S-line Avant to my current Greenline II and my boss (an A6 driver too) continually took the p* for months..... all the surveys, "it's a VW Passat underrneath" etc etc and even now he smirks when I talk about it! Not my issue, I'm delighted with it and much happier than my pretty but ultimately unsatisfying A6 (I do miss the Bose sound system though, that was outstanding compared to Skoda's crappy audio)..... and I'm laughing all the way to the bank as I'm about £400 a month better off :) Some people will just never see any different in my view - their loss....

My Superb is in the garage.

And have a 12-plate courtesy A4 - B&O sound is certainly better!

Apologies for digressing ...

I'm still on the hunt for replacement speakers all-round for the stock superb speakers. But none of the manufacturers or fitters I've contacted seem to know what will fit :(

Want to avoid installing a sub.

Sorry for digression.

Edited by JakeBlade

• 11 months later...

My Superb is in the garage.

And have a 12-plate courtesy A4 - B&O sound is certainly better!

Apologies for digressing ...

One you notice that the pedals don't line up properly with the driver's seat on an A4 it kind of ruins the car for driving though... :P

Great result again. I keep boring my mates with " it is the thinking mans choice" One of them drives a BMW M series (always Beema fan) and simply loves the Superb but could not bring himself to buy one.