Top boost pipe replacement DIY :)

Hi Carl. It's Aqib Iqbal. I was just wondering that you know the 60mm to 51mm 90 degrees silicone pipe. Is there another couplings which goes into the EGR. Is that type D by any chance because I got abit confused reading yours. I thought there's only one coupling that goes into the cooler which is type A am assuming.

yeah 45deg will work fine

I got swagged ends, will this be enough.. cars remapped to 170

got the bends from ash, and 4x Tbolt clamps for top and bottom.

I think i will need to sort the bottom 90 degree fitting, also ...

Edited by FromTheDarkness

After i done my top boost pipe and seeing how bad my bottom one was i decided to make my own bottom one up here's a few pictures of how it looks

06212014_011251pm_zpsc077809b.jpg

06212014_011239pm_zpsa6e2031f.jpg

06212014_010327pm_zps640e4a90.jpg

06212014_010312pm_zps7f66b529.jpg

these pictures where taken while i was making sure it all fitted ok :)

Ive been struggling with this for half a day, no way my 90deg elbows, and 90 deg pipe will fit, there is not enough lengh, impossible.. how ever ive managed to do it with 45deg pipe, it does bring it up higher, cant finnish it as i only had 59 -60 t clamps >< thought i had 60-63, got to wait till friday now damit... and i have to order another 45deg pipe as i used the top one!! 

Your 90 pipe must have longer legs than 150mm ,,,

I don't know the exact size of the metal 90 pipe I'll see if I can find out the size if that's going to help

Its a issue to need legs longer than 150, 150 is the standard size, i cant find any 90 degree bend with longer legs, another option to all this might be to use silicon pipe with the silicon pipe couplings that ash do ?

I didn't buy my metal pipe my old man got it from his work. We just cut it down to make it fit. You could buy the couplers I didn't do that as I was trying to keep the cost down. I've bought a front mount now so will be putting that on when the weather's better

I didn't buy my metal pipe my old man got it from his work. We just cut it down to make it fit. You could buy the couplers I didn't do that as I was trying to keep the cost down. I've bought a front mount now so will be putting that on when the weather's better

first dibs on that 90 pipe when you do :P

I've got the correct pipe 70° angle with couplings, just need whatever colour silicone bends you want.

Would fit stock with egr or without.

Will be getting rid in a few weeks.

Its the bottom we are on about, 45 degree/ 70 degree 150mm legs (all ebays sells it) easy to sort the top out. But the bottom on the other hand requires longer legs than 150mm, and i cant find a 90 degree with 200- 250 legs anywhere, I have managed to get a 45 degree on the bottom, but its right on the ends, and a bit close to the aux belt for my liking, not sure how much vibrations when running but its really close.

lies i just found this, i bet its too long lol .. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330893766818?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

would this work?

- 45 degree elbow

- 57mm external diameter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190886048856?rmvSB=true

This is what ive ive tried but 51mm, the problem is the leg length, the silicon hose is right on the edge, so i cant recommend this long term. You want enough silicon hose on the leg to get 2x t clamps on, to ensure it doesnt blow off, with the 150mm leg length you have linked its not possible, also the 45 degree @ 51 is very close to the aux belt, add another 6mm you are probably going to be touching it ><

I've got the correct pipe 70° angle with couplings, just need whatever colour silicone bends you want.

Would fit stock with egr or without.

Will be getting rid in a few weeks.

How much you after posted mate.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ive been struggling with this for half a day, no way my 90deg elbows, and 90 deg pipe will fit, there is not enough lengh, impossible.. how ever ive managed to do it with 45deg pipe, it does bring it up higher, cant finnish it as i only had 59 -60 t clamps >< thought i had 60-63, got to wait till friday now damit... and i have to order another 45deg pipe as i used the top one!! 

Your 90 pipe must have longer legs than 150mm ,,,

What type of clips are you using to secure your pipes together mate?

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone successfully done the lower boost hoses yet with parts from e-bay?

Need to get round to doing mine at some point just don't want to go ordering the wrong parts for the job!