Top boost pipe replacement DIY :)

Massive difference mate pulls like a train now and my mpg is a million times better but that's because I knew my original pipe was leaking boost, also no you can get to it by taking out the headlight makes things a lot easier :)

is yours standard or been remapped

Bottom hose might need a a little thought. Might need a high temp silicone bend after the turbo, for instance...

SFS seem to do one for the MK4 platform that's not too expensive... Whether it'll fit/can be made to.... is another matter.

• Like 1

And Alex you would only need the small coupler type D to go into the intercooler also the 90 degree reducer would have to be whatever size your egr delete pipe is outside dimension on one side then 51mm internal on the other to go onto the stainless steel

Hi carl, just received some of the bits today, having a bit of problem with the coupler, I ordered the 64-61 coupler but I'm really not too sure if its the correct size? I don't see how I can fit it into the silicone hose as it is only has a 51mm id?

It's a 75degree bend you need Mate 2inch/51mm try messaging the seller - pepperperformance1. Ask for a 2" 75 degree stainless steel mandrel bend mirror polished

Forge do a High Temp turbo pipe for about £80 with the couplers... Bottom boost pipe is already metal, and not seen... It's only really the SMIC bottom bend that needs thought. I know Forge do those to OEM spec as they used the set off my old car as patterns.. Not sure if it's all on the site yet, though.

Edited by Rob.
  • Like 1

Just waiting on the coupler!

20130509_145626_zps3f24cfed.jpg

Looking good mate remember when you com to fit it you need to cut a bit off the larger side of the 90 degree bend and also a bit off the bottom of the 45 degree :)

Forge do a High Temp turbo pipe for about £80 with the couplers... Bottom boost pipe is already metal, and not seen... It's only really the SMIC bottom bend that needs thought. I know Forge do those to OEM spec as they used the set off my old car as patterns.. Not sure if it's all on the site yet, though.

Would you be able to find me a link or something mate?

Looking good mate remember when you com to fit it you need to cut a bit off the larger side of the 90 degree bend and also a bit off the bottom of the 45 degree :)

Thanks for the advice, I will wait for the coupler to arrive then I will have to see how much needs trimming etc...

Rob what are the benefits of fitting the Forge hose and couplers you mention mate? Better fit than oem item to eradicate any possible boost leak?

Been looking at that pipe too.

Quick question did you have to remove the bumper or just the headlight and undertray?

Just the headlight mate and also just unclipped a couple of coolant pipes ( the one that gets clipped to the bottom of the standard boost pipe as it gets in the way ) :)

No advantage power wise on a stock car.. Longer lasting fit I guess. Also, if you pop a pipe you can just get the silicone bit at a saving, vs the whole lot.. It all clips together much more tightly than OEM..

On a mapped / modded car, you can push a bit harder as the pipe work can take more boost and higher temps.

I needed a pipe replacing, found their turbo pipe and enquired about a pipe for the bottom of the SMIC.. The OEM pipe I needed was £106, forge do the turbo one for £80, so I figured they could do me one cheaper.. I got lucky and they offered the whole lot in exchange for my originals to prototype from..

... Oh, they've got the set up on the site now... Fooking cheap for a full set, that is!

http://www.forgemoto...oduct=FMKT19TDi

And the turbo pipe on it's own....

http://www.forgemoto...oduct=FMTHI130D

I asked, the whole lot is the oil stable stuff, so no worries on the breather setup..

.... p.s. If they don't fit, it's not my fault, lol!

Edited by Rob.