Top boost pipe replacement DIY :)

Been under mine yesterday Alex and im deffinatly going to have to get one of them got a massive leak on that 90 bend :( good find mate

Cheers, think mine is a bit leaky too as it is a bit oily.

I had a look on sfs's website and it only seems to sell the bend as part of a kit so I think you would have to email them to get just the 90 bend.

I will give them an email see how much it will be and see what they say, and mine was absolutely covered in oil I've gave it a clean and done the cable tie mod on it for now but deffinatly needs sorting

I will give them an email see how much it will be and see what they say, and mine was absolutely covered in oil I've gave it a clean and done the cable tie mod on it for now but deffinatly needs sorting

Let me know what they say!

anyone else having trouble after fitting theirs ?, got mine fitted on Saturday, using good quality jubilee clips, (nipped up as tight as poss) and have managed to blow it off twice already, once from the intercooler and once from where the 90' pipe meets the stainless,

cheers

I think it would be important to have a ribbed end on the metal pipe to prevent the silicone slipping off. failing this use a glue or sealant?

Believe it or not hairspray is the best thing for holding boost pipe on and doubling up the jubilee clips as previously stated! Was good to meet you last night by the way mate.

I'm looking at ordering the top boost pipework as described (thanks CarlVrs) and the other bottom boost pipe which now leaves the pipe from the turbo. Anyone know anywhere that supply these as I imagine the silicone would have to be high temp?

• Like 1

Fitted mine last week. Haven't had anymore problems popping hoses. I put some blobs of mig welds round the end of the stainless pipe so that if the silicone hose starts to slip the clamps should pull against the welds & stop it from blowing off. Quicker & cheaper than putting a bead on.

Just need to do my bottom hoses now. I'm sure one is leaking!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

anyone near there car or know what coupling it is for a BLT engine? well the ASV, as i assume inter cooler top coupling will be the same?

thanks danny