HELP! what could it be?

Ok a little about whats happened I serviced the car yesterday (oils and filters) and while the car had been sat there for a good few hours after cooling down the coolant level was above maximum by about 2cm, I took the car for a drive to see if it would drop which it did after it had cooled down and now is maybe 1cm above the max line.

It hadnt been over filled, never been touched if im honest.

So what could it be? need it sorted as the car does a hell of alot of miles and prevention is better than cureand all that haha ;)

Any help will be much appreciated cheers guys chris

Fabia's aren't known for air locks, is this something that's just happened or you've just noticed? When was the coolant last changed?

Needing to sort something for the sake of your obsession is stupid mate! It's fine and there is nothing wrong or needs fixing as there s nothing wrong, they call it an expansion tank for that specific reason.

Its only just happened always check the car over and in the last year and a half its never been over the max line always in the middle but I see what your all saying cheers guys