Yeti returned for full refund!

NorwichRicky

HORROR STORY TIME

Couldn't wait to get my Yeti - had wanted one ever since they came out. Finally my 2.0TDI SE in Grey arrived and I was over the moon. For 24 hours anyway.........

After three weeks of Skoda HELL I have rejected my Yeti. Was delivered without being prepared properly (Walkers of Kings Lynn - be warned!) and with two other faults - mis-aligned door and sticking electric window. Then a piece of trim fell off. Then the window fixed itself. It went back to the dealer for a whole day who replaced the trim but didn't bother with removing the glue or fixing the door. Was furious when I got it back - and even more so when skoda revealed that they had ordered the dealer to fill my car up with diesel as an apology - which they hadn't even done!!!!!

Then I accepted further compensation to keep the car, but with 3 days the dashboard started rattling and the engine management light came on!!!!!

So car has gone back and I am put off new cars for life - have bought a 2nd hand Volvo V50.

Disgraceful dealer, and what should have been the best car of my life has turned out to be the worst. Very very disappointed.

HORROR STORY TIME

Couldn't wait to get my Yeti - had wanted one ever since they came out. Finally my 2.0TDI SE in Grey arrived and I was over the moon. For 24 hours anyway.........

After three weeks of Skoda HELL I have rejected my Yeti. Was delivered without being prepared properly (Walkers of Kings Lynn - be warned!) and with two other faults - mis-aligned door and sticking electric window. Then a piece of trim fell off. Then the window fixed itself. It went back to the dealer for a whole day who replaced the trim but didn't bother with removing the glue or fixing the door. Was furious when I got it back - and even more so when skoda revealed that they had ordered the dealer to fill my car up with diesel as an apology - which they hadn't even done!!!!!

Then I accepted further compensation to keep the car, but with 3 days the dashboard started rattling and the engine management light came on!!!!!

So car has gone back and I am put off new cars for life - have bought a 2nd hand Volvo V50.

Disgraceful dealer, and what should have been the best car of my life has turned out to be the worst. Very very disappointed.

Sorry to hear about your woes Ricky.

Fortunately, that kind of situation is a rare occasion, its just a pity you didn't try another Skoda Dealer to get a replacement Yeti.........................they really are FIRST CLASS CARS. :yes:

I notice that if you had taken the A10 you could have visited ALS Autos in Little Downham, Ely and you might have got a MUCH higher level of service, and it's only about a 45 mile round trip. :)

ALS Autos can be contacted on 08433 193558 if you're still in the market for a Yeti.

It also might be worth raising a complaint with SUK if you feel your treatment as a customer has been particularly bad.

If you decide you would rather keep the V50, we will understand, and you're welcome to stay here instead of disappearing into the night to sign up on a Volvo forum. :giggle:

HORROR STORY TIME....I have rejected my Yeti....

A very sad counterpoint to the usual upbeat Yeti tales. Let's hope someone sorts the poor thing and finds it a good home.

Good luck with the Volvo. We had a 200 estate during the '80's; we must have liked it - we had it for nine years, the longest of many cars.

• Like 1

The amount of happy & contented owners on this forum, the number of accolades that the Yeti as well as Skoda have collected over the years and the number of professional journalists articles as well as numerous favourable articles in the motoring industry!!!

It's time for you to wake up and smell the coffee offnote. :D

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of your issues. Yes, there we issues with the car that to be honest not really major that any good dealer would have dealt with and got you on your way happy. I always judge a dealer not so much by how they deal on the sales side but on how they deal with issues. Sadly your dealer needs a rocket up his btm!

As I've somehow retained my sense of perspective and humour on this, I think I should add that despite the problems I had the Yeti is brilliant in most ways - ride, engines, comfort, practicality in particularly..... think of it as a golf with a bigger interior and you're pretty much there. Providing you like how it looks it should make a near-perfect family car.

I've just been horribly unlucky and I'm gutted.

After I left Uni I sold cars for a couple of years (Fords, Subaru's and Isuzu's) so maybe this was 'Carma'..... "Ba dum...tish."

HORROR STORY TIME

Hi

Why not write a report for the Dealers section to let all members know the shoddy treatment you have received.

In your position I should have been tamping mad, so sorry for you hope you have better luck with the Volvo

I can't fit my set of clubs into my Yeti vertically or horizontally. I have to fold the seats down to get them in. I have thought about driving it round the course though - would be fun I reckon.

As for the OP - I hate it when you get your hopes up for something only to be left scarred by it all. Hasn't happened to me with cars, but technology seems to often end in tears. And it is very difficult to hear from folks who haven't had any issues, when your experience differs.

Shame, but I bet this tale could be repeated for every car brand across the nation. Such is life. :(

I agree, I've had in the past had niggles with:

1. Carphone Warehouse

2. Virgin Media

3. BT

4. City Link

4. Parcelmonkey.com

5. Capitol One

6. Brighton & Hove City Council

7. EDF Energy

8. B&Q

There are tens of thousands of people who will sing their parses, and there instances have not all happened recently or at the same time.

Almost all of these companies I have complained to, have treated me well and delt with my complaint to my satisfaction, so there are good sides and bad sides to every company.

Don't let one or two bad experience sour your impression or relationship with a company. :)

• Like 2

I agree, I've had in the past had niggles with:

1. Carphone Warehouse

2. Virgin Media

3. BT

4. City Link

4. Parcelmonkey.com

5. Capitol One

6. Brighton & Hove City Council

7. EDF Energy

8. B&Q

There are tens of thousands of people who will sing their parses, and there instances have not all happened recently or at the same time.

Almost all of these companies I have complained to, have treated me well and delt with my complaint to my satisfaction, so there are good sides and bad sides to every company.

Don't let one or two bad experience sour your impression or relationship with a company. :)

I have some friends who work for Brighton and Hove city council, nuff said........ :hi:

Fred

I have some friends who work for Brighton and Hove city council, nuff said........ :hi:

Fred

Is that the same council that are converting all of the public toilets to be gender neutral?

I suppose that nowadays,if a chair can talk, then toilets can have a gender........ :angel:

• Like 1

My first post so fingers crossed!! As I read your story of woe my heart sunk as I'm waiting for my Yeti - a 1.2 TSI due the end of June - and ordered it in part because of the many positive comments I found on this web-site. And I'm moving to Skoda from.... a Volvo V50 purchased at 18 months and now 5 years old which has been nothing but a nightmare. (Suspension, climate control, door seals dual mass flywheel, ECUs, puncture magnet - i could go on). Fortunately I've always kept a warranty on it so it,s been inconvenience rather than cash outlay (usually). It's become a family joke that the best thing about owning a Volvo only living a 10 minute walk from the local dealership so it's not too far to walk home!. But I do think I've been unusually unlucky and if it had been more reliable I would probably kept it longer because when it is running it's actually an economical, practical and attractive car. (But then I wouldn't be getting a Yeti, would I, so there had to be an up side?) Hopefully we've both had our lemons and we'll have better luck this time around!

My first post so fingers crossed!! As I read your story of woe my heart sunk as I'm waiting for my Yeti - a 1.2 TSI due the end of June - and ordered it in part because of the many positive comments I found on this web-site. And I'm moving to Skoda from.... a Volvo V50 purchased at 18 months and now 5 years old which has been nothing but a nightmare. (Suspension, climate control, door seals dual mass flywheel, ECUs, puncture magnet - i could go on). Fortunately I've always kept a warranty on it so it,s been inconvenience rather than cash outlay (usually). It's become a family joke that the best thing about owning a Volvo only living a 10 minute walk from the local dealership so it's not too far to walk home!. But I do think I've been unusually unlucky and if it had been more reliable I would probably kept it longer because when it is running it's actually an economical, practical and attractive car. (But then I wouldn't be getting a Yeti, would I, so there had to be an up side?) Hopefully we've both had our lemons and we'll have better luck this time around!

I'm sure your experience will be OK.

Fred

No worries Fred, it's the planning Dept I'm very unhappy about, and a particular woman who works there.

I won't name names as that would be indiscreet. :)

Welcome Paul, yes you'll LOVE the Yeti, and your first post was absolutely FINE. :yes:

I can't fit my set of clubs into my Yeti vertically or horizontally. I have to fold the seats down to get them in. I have thought about driving it round the course though - would be fun I reckon.

As for the OP - I hate it when you get your hopes up for something only to be left scarred by it all. Hasn't happened to me with cars, but technology seems to often end in tears. And it is very difficult to hear from folks who haven't had any issues, when your experience differs.

Shame, but I bet this tale could be repeated for every car brand across the nation. Such is life. :(

Hi Duck... The answer to your club problem is simple (if it's a real major deal for you). Get an Octy! I can get 2 powercaddys and 2 full sets of bats in powakaddy cart bags with all tbe usual clutter in them in my boot, no problem.

Ricky,

Sorry to hear of your problems, they're not typical of either Skodas in general or the dealers. That's no comfort to you I guess, probably makes it worse. Good luck with the Volvo.

I'd need a tin-opener for that offnote, as there's no sunroof on mine.

littleade - I considered an Octy actually - looked at the vRS diesel, but the lure of the Yeti won out in the end. I prefer photography to golf, so being able to drive down rutted muddy tracks is better for me. And I'm better at photography than golf, thankfully too ;)

Oh no! I can get three sets with trolleys in my Octavia (seats up!). Please don't put me off a Yeti for my next car.
  • Like 1

I don't do that to my golf balls. I whack them just once, then never find them again. :)

Octavia boots are vast though. Mine has a spare wheel too, so smaller than most Yeti boots. That said, at a corporate golf event last year, I got 3 sets with 2 trolleys in, plus 3 overnight bags by only rolling over one of the rear seats.

• Like 1

Hey Norwich Ricky.. I once bought a dud Camry ... It had issues never seen on a Camry before. Final solution was a wrongly machined front upright hub.. It allowed the inner wheel bearing to "float" around. It was a long process to find. Toyota changed the CV - drive shaft, and all the suspension rubbers before they eventually got rid of the clicking noise when doing a U turn. Then the aircon failed and that was after a whining noise that was traced to a lack of oil in the diff or gearbox after a Toyota service.

I've never bought another Toyota again but I have two Yeti's and both have 0 defects in the first 12 months of purchase.

There's something reassuring about the Yeti so I am considering it as a long term keeper.. Long after warranty runs out. (Did'nt have quite the same confidence to "go it alone" with my Landrover F2 even though we loved it))

The moral of the story is considering there are about 15 million happy Camry owners out there I'm probably being a bit narrow minded..

Edited by kimosabi