Yeti returned for full refund!

NorwichRicky

Is that the same council that are converting all of the public toilets to be gender neutral?

I suppose that nowadays,if a chair can talk, then toilets can have a gender........ :angel:

Must be to do with the vote to leave the EU.

Don't most european languages dedicate a gender to almost all items? :giggle:

Must be to do with the vote to leave the EU.

Don't most european languages dedicate a gender to almost all items? :giggle:

I was thinking (ahem) if a car crashed into a toilet in Brighton, would it be a fender and gender bender :blush:

I'd need a tin-opener for that offnote, as there's no sunroof on mine.

littleade - I considered an Octy actually - looked at the vRS diesel, but the lure of the Yeti won out in the end. I prefer photography to golf, so being able to drive down rutted muddy tracks is better for me. And I'm better at photography than golf, thankfully too ;)

No worries mate, I was only jesting! SWMBO took the p1ss out of me something terrible when I got my 1st Octy as I was always going on about the boot size as it was a 1.4 TSI ( yes I know it's a nice car before anyone goes on a rant, but she's got a thing about size.....) So I got the vRS! I can understand why the yeti is better for you because of your bigger interest in photography, so enjoy!

You'll get your image and I'll get my bats in the boot..

Cheers

No problem - give up golf and buy a Yeti :giggle:

Oh you cruel and heartless person. :swear:

This year the weather is making me give up. First big match cancelled today due to course flooding (and the roads getting there as well!)

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Thought I'd add a little note to this old thread of mine. The Volvo I bought was a bloody disaster. £2000 bills in 3 months. Gutted - AGAIN!!!! So now I've got a Nissan Juke. Cheap to buy and sadly feels a bit cheap too - not a patch on the yeti. Funnily enough despite my yeti experience I am now CRAVING a yeti. Can't wait to get shot of the juke but stuck with it for a while. Bad motor year for me!!!!! :-(

I can't fit my set of clubs into my Yeti vertically or horizontally. I have to fold the seats down to get them in. I have thought about driving it round the course though - would be fun I reckon.

As for the OP - I hate it when you get your hopes up for something only to be left scarred by it all. Hasn't happened to me with cars, but technology seems to often end in tears. And it is very difficult to hear from folks who haven't had any issues, when your experience differs.

Shame, but I bet this tale could be repeated for every car brand across the nation. Such is life. :(

Agree about the golf clubs; shame!

Agree about the golf clubs; shame!

You can slide the outer seats forward and back from either the boot side (by pulling the cord at the bottom base of each seat near the tipping lever) or from the front by lifting the lever below the leading edge of each seat... Doing that should make a bag of golf clubs fit horizontally as the boot gets longer by a good 150mm or so.

For all the dimensions see this OLD thread:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/156711-boot-floor-size/

Thought I'd add a little note to this old thread of mine. The Volvo I bought was a bloody disaster. £2000 bills in 3 months. Gutted - AGAIN!!!! So now I've got a Nissan Juke. Cheap to buy and sadly feels a bit cheap too - not a patch on the yeti. Funnily enough despite my yeti experience I am now CRAVING a yeti. Can't wait to get shot of the juke but stuck with it for a while. Bad motor year for me!!!!! :-(

Dont want to put a downer on the already dissapointing Juke, doesnt this sort of thing come in 3's   :rofl:

1- Yeti ( Really unfortunate as I am on Skoda No5 & just ordered an L&K Yeti)

2 - Volvo

3 - Juke ??????

Your experience sound like a combination of events a bit of a lemon car & a really bad dealer, I full understand you reaction seriously pi55ed of & totally frustrated at the time, but as you have seen even your volvo turned out to be a lemon.

If you still really want a Yeti, if I may suggest a bit of research on dealers around you that you can ask about to members here.

• 2 months later...

Good luck with this purchase , have fingers & toes crossed ;)

Which dealer are you going to use, or are you saving that for the post purchase comments. 

Hope you have better luck both with the car and the dealer - the original dealer sounds a bit poor.

Been driving a Yeti for 18 months (im on my second as the first was a '59 plate when I bought it and I got offered a good deal to trade it in) and no issues yet excluding one caused by an accident (but that in no way was the Yeti's fault).

Absolutely loving the current one

• 5 months later...

You should hopefully enjoy the Octy vRS,  i liked mine, but diesel was just silly given was doing only 8k miles a year

I now have a Yeti & had since May this year, having previously had 3 octavias & 2 Fabias I bought the Yeti with some confidence,  

However I am on the verge of rejecting the current car for a replacement, as the car is going back on Tue next week for a 3rd attempt to fix an issue, see my post in the Yeti section ref Creaking door.  If this does not work will be asking for replacement.

While I am a tad miffed at this problem, I know as a brand Skoda is not that bad, my 6th car and this is the 1st I have had issues with.

• 1 month later...

Never got the VRS. Dealer completely messed up the delivery and left me car-less so I told them where to go. Seriously cannot think what I have done to get all this run of bad luck with cars. Anyway, still have the Nissan Juke and it has turned out to be a decent car. Will be changing the Juke this year and despite the awful experiences I have had, I STILL fancy a Yeti!!!!! Thinking Outdoor Elegance in red with black roof and black alloys, black leather. A few 'Black Special Editions' about which are tempting in white. Can I risk the heartache though!?!

You didnt say which dealership that have messed you around, & did you do a quick check around the site for those dealerships  that get a good review ?

Mine has had its 6th attempt to fix, and after 3 weeks over xmas all seems to be ok ( only time will tell)  so dont give up if you really like it.

If you are prepared to travel , then Preston Motors seems to do good deals  fro brisky people,along with  Epsom motors who gave a brisky member £2500 off an L&K 170 Diesel, & kept them informed regularly.

• 4 weeks later...

NEW CAR ORDERED!!!!!!! Octavia Scout in metallic black with black leather. Arrives March 2nd. HOPE IT FINALLY SORTS MY CAR WOES!!! (Although to be fair, the Nissan juke has been pretty good).

Best of luck NorwichRicky. You deserve a bit of luck for a change. So much is down to the dealership as well as the vehicle..... A quick question: we're the cars you had Lemon Yellow? (Apologies in advance for that one).

You are obviously a very patient person to put up with so many issues...... When do you qualify for a bus pass? (Apologies again!)

• Like 1

Thanks all. (Seriously terrible jokes GeoffH). Incredible deals on Scout at the moment - picking it up for not much more than I was paying on my Juke, and for less than all but the cheapest Yeti's.

• Like 1

Once you have had a faithful Yeti, they do leave an imprint unlike no other (well 3.0S Capri but that was a long time ago..) ...

Just waiting for the right Yeti to come along...

Sorry to hear about your woes Ricky.

Fortunately, that kind of situation is a rare occasion, its just a pity you didn't try another Skoda Dealer to get a replacement Yeti.........................they really are FIRST CLASS CARS. http://www.briskoda.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/emoticon-0144-nod.gif

I notice that if you had taken the A10 you could have visited ALS Autos in Little Downham, Ely and you might have got a MUCH higher level of service, and it's only about a 45 mile round trip. http://www.briskoda.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/emoticon-0100-smile.gif

ALS Autos can be contacted on 08433 193558 if you're still in the market for a Yeti.

It also might be worth raising a complaint with SUK if you feel your treatment as a customer has been particularly bad.

If you decide you would rather keep the V50, we will understand, and you're welcome to stay here instead of disappearing into the night to sign up on a Volvo forum. http://www.briskoda.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

I second Als Auto's. Bought my Octy from there and have my car serviced there. Top quality, although they have recently started selling Suzuki's.

• Like 1