how can I tint my rear lights without dimming the lights, and keeping it legal?

I have tinted the clear bits on my previous Fabia and now my Citigo.

It isnt legal here in Denmark, but its normally not a problem if you leave the reflexes alone and its not too dark. No problems at 2 MOTs with the Fabia.

Hmm, i have some pics in the gallery, but cant post them from my phone.

Will post from pc in a bit.

Sendt fra min HUAWEI Y300-0100 med Tapatalk2

• Like 1

It was the spi vision stuff i was thinking about..... I remember it was like a mesh (I had seen a thread with this before) so from a distance it looked tinted, but being a mesh let most of the light through! will investigate :) its just the rear light clusters I'm after doing...

thanks for the replies!

pictures as promised;

image_zps2a2d9fe0.jpg

image_zpse0aa08c8.jpg

The difference between Fly Eyes and Spi Vision is that Fly Eyes is actually printed onto clear vinyl and after time will wash away and the colour will fade. Spi Vision however is made by cutting the mesh pattern into black vinyl so will be more resistant to fade/deterioration.

hope this helps.

Ben.

Edited by BTSvRS
  • Like 2

I'll take your word about flyeyes printed on clear vinyl it certainly didnt appear like that when i did mine

flyeyes

P1030198.jpg

P1030196.jpg

I didnt like it so removed it after a couple of weeks

pictures as promised;

image_zps2a2d9fe0.jpg

image_zpse0aa08c8.jpg

The difference between Fly Eyes and Spi Vision is that Fly Eyes is actually printed onto clear vinyl and after time will wash away and the colour will fade. Spi Vision however is made by cutting the mesh pattern into black vinyl so will be more resistant to fade/deterioration.

hope this helps.

Ben.

awsome, thanks :)

Spi vision looks awful sorry. May as well go all 90's and tie some tights around your lights!

PMSL... I dont think we will ever agree on 90 % of things grapo ;) but remember we all have tinted fronts now :p

ok, fly eye time! before...

img0963c.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

after....

img0964bo.jpg

both ...

img0967gv.jpg

makes a huge difference in profile!

img0969qh.jpg

lets light through really well....... Ive kept the details of MOT requirements and that the system is legal in the glovebox incase the police want to challenge it, but to be honest it looks more natural with the front tinted from the factory anyway!

img0968rg.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks, I seem to be dividing opinion! lol.... I think it simply matches the smoked fronts, and looks clean and original... some think its boy racer-ish... but i dont think it comes accross like that at all!

Thanks, I seem to be dividing opinion! lol.... I think it simply matches the smoked fronts, and looks clean and original... some think its boy racer-ish... but i dont think it comes accross like that at all!

Agree, i personally think it's very subtle and blends in extremely well with your blacked out look! Love it!

• Like 1