how can I tint my rear lights without dimming the lights, and keeping it legal?

I hashed it a bit by not taking out the light clusters..... we did it as a 2 man (woman) job, me on the film and the smoothing thing, and Ash on he hairdryer!, my edges look crappy up close because i didnnt take out the light clusters and fold the edges properly....

I will be re-doing this and taking out the light clusters to make it right :)

still using the same stuff though :)

I hashed it a bit by not taking out the light clusters..... we did it as a 2 man (woman) job, me on the film and the smoothing thing, and Ash on he hairdryer!, my edges look crappy up close because i didnnt take out the light clusters and fold the edges properly....

I will be re-doing this and taking out the light clusters to make it right :)

still using the same stuff though :)

Did your 15 quid's worth give you enough to do it all twice?

I just brought some cheap spray tint off eBay, looks much better than the fly-eyes kit (which I previously brought but couldn't get on with very well as it stretched allot and ripped some of the mesh wholes in it!)

Its great because you can choose how dark you want to go, I only gave mine a couple of coats so its not too dark at the moment but will probably give it a couple more this week. 

Ill try and find some pictures tonight of a before and after and post back here :) 

I think I paid about £5 for the can! 

Apparently, although I haven't seen any change, suppose it depends how dark you go, I've seen some people mask over the reflector leaving a cool C shape that isn't tinted

Edited by JVickery92

• 1 month later...