Big turbo Mk2 TDi vRS rep (07.01.17 update)

Brimma

So this was the car I bought from new in June 2012, a 1.6 CR TDi 105 Elegance estate, and swore blind I would never mod, bearing in mind it was bought as a daily driver, and that the JPS Octavia was going to remain my guilty pleasure

The car itself was a Skoda stock vehicle, as I hate the thought of a 12 week wait for a new car, but it came with rear parking sensors and electric sunroof, plus a spare wheel, so it wasn't lacking

This is how it looked on the day I took delivery

DSCF0388.jpg

DSCF0391.jpg

DSCF0392.jpg

DSCF0393.jpg

DSCF0403.jpg

DSCF0404.jpg

DSCF0408.jpg

DSCF0417.jpg

DSCF0422.jpg

Edited by Brimma
  • Like 1

First thing to go was the standard stereo in favour of a Columbus, which went in plug and play, instantly coming up on the Elegance's standard maxidot display

DSC_1780_zps6289581c.jpg

I was never really a fan of the Elegance's standard 16" x 7J alloys (ET41 or 43 I think), so they were next to go, replaced by a set of five spoke 16" x 7J Fondmetal 7200s (ET35), which I think improved the looks, and also filled the arches out a bit more

DSC_6144.jpg

DSC_6146.jpg

DSC_6149.jpg

Then came winter, so on went a set of 16" x 7J Audi TT Mini Comps (Speedlines), with Hankook W310 winter tyres

A group buy was taking place via Shark Performance for Bilstein B12 kits (shocks and springs), lowering the front by 30mm and the rear by 20mm

Also added were a set of Team Heko wind deflectors, followed shortly afterwards by rear tints

DSC_1781_zpsbeea91ed.jpg

DSC_0650_zps52994672.jpg

The car then went in to Shark Performance as a development mule for Ben to tackle the 1.6 CR engine, and it was duly returned to me upped from the standard 105bhp to a healthy 130bhp, along with several more torques :)

And finally, up to date to the present day, the winters have come off, and been replaced by a set of 17" x 8" anthracite Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s (ET35), wearing 215/40/17 Maxxis MAZ1 Victra rubber

DSC_1743_zpsf8066768.jpg

DSC_1748_zps9e42898d.jpg

DSC_1751_zpsbde58e99.jpg

DSC_1759_zps44cbb66c.jpg

DSC_1764_zps573bdffe.jpg

DSC_1765_zps7bcf8345.jpg

DSC_1768_zps6c1e281f.jpg

DSC_1770_zpse090cfec.jpg

DSC_1782_zpsb944e33f.jpg

• Like 4

The next job planned is to remove the black rubbing strips, which should make it look something like this

Fabiawithoutrubbingstrips_zps098d64d3.jpg

and compared to the stance of a vRS

FabiavRSestatewhite_zps6dc530e8.jpg

Out of interest, why did you change the Fondmetal alloys for the Team Dynamics for summer use?

Just a personal choice thing?

Need bigger brakes to fill the rims a bit more. :)

• Like 2

Out of interest, why did you change the Fondmetal alloys for the Team Dynamics for summer use?

Just a personal choice thing?

Mainly a weight saving thing really, along with the fact I wanted something a bit darker, but not black, and 17"

Found these brand new on ebay and got them for a song compared to RRP :)

I might keep the 16" Fondmetals for winter, transfer the tyre over, then sell the Mini Comps to anyone who fancies doing a refurb job

I actually like the bump strips as they are- they seem to work well with your new alloys and tints, but it could look different in the flesh I guess....

I actually like the bump strips as they are- they seem to work well with your new alloys and tints, but it could look different in the flesh I guess....

Stop confusing me :(

Guess the bump strip removal is a fairly tricky job - have you thought about just colour coding them?

Looks good though, airbag cover needs the lower chrome trim though just to finish it off.

Guess the bump strip removal is a fairly tricky job - have you thought about just colour coding them?

Looks good though, airbag cover needs the lower chrome trim though just to finish it off.

Removal of the bump strips is a question of heating and gently peeling off, painting requires work........I'll let you guess which way that's going :)

Regarding the steering wheel,I don't think I'll be adding anything to the airbag cover that might take my eye out in the event of it going off

How are you doing with the shark map ?

Absolutely brilliant, smiles all round

Extra beans and better economy.........what's not to like :)

I like the lower stance and the wheels, but would keep the side strips to reduce the slab-sided effect. The tinted wind deflectors make the front windows look odd and aren't to my taste.

• Like 1

If you take the side strips off ,can I buy them for my sons 5 door Citigo? :happy:

Thanks for the offer, but I might decide to put them back on again :)