Big turbo Mk2 TDi vRS rep (07.01.17 update)

Brimma

Pretty sure my 2012 Monte Carlo already has the 312 calipers fitted (same as the 312 Audi TT ones) just with smaller carriers to suit the 288 setup.

That's why some people say you only need the carriers and obviously bigger discs and pads, it just depends what brake system was fitted to the car when it was new.

??? mines a 2012 Monte but I had to change the carriers and calipers? will have a measure of the old ones as I still have them in the garage. will be academic soon but worth checking!

Edited by tempra007

Pretty sure my 2012 Monte Carlo already has the 312 calipers fitted (same as the 312 Audi TT ones) just with smaller carriers to suit the 288 setup.

That's why some people say you only need the carriers and obviously bigger discs and pads, it just depends what brake system was fitted to the car when it was new.

my 2007 PD3 has 288 front brakes so I assumed (dangerous, I know) that it was a case of just swapping the carriers (and discs), and Robert is your Mother's brother. the calipers have the number 54 stamped on them.

Edited by MrVillage

• 4 years later...

Loved Reading this from start to finish tonight!! Liking the all white look BTW 👌

I've got a 2014 Sliver and Black estate Monte Carlo 1.6 Tdi, currently mapped to around 140bhp / 310 Nm but would love a little more for the motor way and longer trips. 

Already planned to lower it and put new rims on but now after reading this thread,  the turbo will be getting a hike too, closely followed by a brake overhaul.

Your car is a beauty Brimma, the looks, the handling mods and the power to match, great work! Thanks for sharing the journey 🙏👍👊

• Love it! 1