Sat Nav DX - Firmware Update possible?

My 06 Superb Elegance has the box standard Blaupunkt DX Satnav, which works fine. I even got hold of a 2010 Map disk and that works fine too. What drives me nuts though, is that you can't search by postcode! Without that, I am still relying on Google Maps on my tablet for navigation...

I have read on other threads, that there is a newer version of the SatNav software (version 9, I believe) which allows you to enter UK postcodes. But I cannot find any information on how to get hold of the firmware update.

Has anyone updated their firmware? How? Did you do it yourself or did you have it done?

Any info or pointers greatly appreciated!

Thanks, George

My 06 Superb Elegance has the box standard Blaupunkt DX Satnav, which works fine. I even got hold of a 2010 Map disk and that works fine too. What drives me nuts though, is that you can't search by postcode! Without that, I am still relying on Google Maps on my tablet for navigation...

I have read on other threads, that there is a newer version of the SatNav software (version 9, I believe) which allows you to enter UK postcodes. But I cannot find any information on how to get hold of the firmware update.

Has anyone updated their firmware? How? Did you do it yourself or did you have it done?

Your lucky I just have a standard radio/cd player, I would love to put in an off the shelf unit with satnav and all the new bits and pieces they come with these days. would you not think of doing something like that? I,m sure its been done before.if anyone has done it could they please let us know what unit they fitted?Any info or pointers greatly appreciated!

Thanks, George

Even the current 2014 navigation CD does not support full postcode.

The DX navigation discs are still supported, now provided by Tomtom, they are just expensive.

Manny & Hoverurb, I think we are talking about different things. It's the software in the satnav that determines how it functions and what entry it allows in its menus. That's different from the map disk that just provides the data to search on. A firmware upgrade (which is what I am looking for) updates the software in the player, regardless of what year map disk you are using. From what I gather, there is a later version of the software that allows 7-char postcode entry. I just can't figure out how to get my hands on it!

• 3 months later...

Hi i have a octavia 2004 mk2 with a MFD2 cd version satnav i have got the 2012/2013 DX CD but when i put it in the unit i get a message saying no disc inserted can anyone tell me if i need to update the firmware in the satnav & if so where would i get it from thanks

• 2 years later...

Are you sure it's an original disc? Copied discs usually have this problem

Hi I have bought 4 different 2013 / 2014 satnav disc's and I still keep getting the same message

Beware though, there is one guy on ebay selling discs that look genuine, but are actually copies (if you ask him he'll tell you, but not otherwise).

Do you have a link to the ones you've tried?

Copy discs can place premature wear on the mechanisms in these drives; CDR media is harder for the mechanisms to track accurately, and the pits burnt but the laser aren't as accurate as the pressed disks, making the drives re-read more and die quicker.

• Like 2