Auto lights but no auto wipers?

Hi,

You were in the wrong controller.

You go to 09 Central electrics but don't go straight into the long coding helper.

There should be a drop down list, choose the bottom one RLS:

Rain%20Sensor%2002.png.jpg

Then go to long coding helper and the option should be in there.

Phil

• Like 1

Thanks Phil, gentleman.

Will call in this afternoon and see if he can do it.

This and the auto dim mirror were the two things I would have liked that were missing on the SE spec.

But hopefully that's the wipers sorted thanks to yourself :thumbup: .

Now, for the mirror.....mmm....3 things required: Money, time and effort!

Thanks Phil, gentleman.

Will call in this afternoon and see if he can do it.

This and the auto dim mirror were the two things I would have liked that were missing on the SE spec.

But hopefully that's the wipers sorted thanks to yourself :thumbup: .

Now, for the mirror.....mmm....3 things required: Money, time and effort!

If you haven't got the auto dim mirror are you sure you have the rain and light sensor?

I thought they came together?

Phil

Yip, definitely got the auto lights and I believe its a combination light/rain sensor so we should be good to go (and the RLS installed checkbox was ticked on VCDS).

Don't know why they don't enable it at the factory?

Maybe makes the extra premium for the elegance model easier to swallow since you're getting auto wipers!  :notme:

Me too Phil, I have auto lights (and thanks to you auto wipers) but alas no auto-dimming rear view mirror on the SE.

Stinker, if you retrofit the mirror let me know and I'll be sure to follow suit, hopefully before the winter!

I have the S spec with auto lights and no auto wipers. To be honest I had auto wipers on previous cars and they drove me mad. They either went too fast or not fast enough. Just my opinion.

Me too Phil, I have auto lights (and thanks to you auto wipers) but alas no auto-dimming rear view mirror on the SE.

Stinker, if you retrofit the mirror let me know and I'll be sure to follow suit, hopefully before the winter!

Yip, will do.

Beginning to regret that name choice now....seemed hilarious (and apt) at the time but now that I see it in print I'm a bit offended! :blush:

• Like 1

Hi,

You go to 09 Central electrics but don't go straight into the long coding helper.

Phil

Yip. Done in about 30 seconds flat. Easy when you know how. Big thanks Phil.

Oh the wipers on the bus go whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, all by themselves.

• Like 2

Yup, me too. My 2011 Elegance doesn't have the auto dim mirror fitted; it was a factory option.

Just been to the local dealers and asked them to price the bits for the mirror. Will find out next week but have a feeling there will be a bit of leg work involved finalising the parts list.

Rained the whole way there and back. Auto wipers worked a treat. Another thing I can leave to get on with things just like the auto lights.

Once again big thanks to Phil-E.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For anyone interested in doing it.

It was in 09 Central electrics. Then on the drop-down menu choose the bottom one (something like ALS). Choose the long coding helper.

Then it's in the first byte- untick the box that says "rain sensor inactive".

Done!

Phil

Hi Guys

Hope you can help me. I have had my Superb Greenline 1.6 SE for 1 month, lovely car, and I love it, it was 9 months old when purchased.  It was sold to me as having Auto lights and wipers by the dealer, turned out that after being at Skoda dealer for two days trying to activate they have told me it does not have a rain sensor fitted. I have auto lights, and mirrors, so after reading the posts here, and the feedback from the dealer, not sure if I have the rain sensor fitted. 

I have to say the dealer has been very helpful offering me a potential refund, another superb, an Elegance Greenline 1.6 but 7 months older and 7 thousand higher mileage, so their customer service has been excellent, I have decided not to go with the replacement elegance as this model was pre facelift.

Any help or thoughts as to whether I have the rain sensor fitted and If so, who could you recommend to activate. I need to let the dealer know tomorrow how I want to proceed.

Many thanks for your help.

Yes you have the sensor, if you have the light sensor (auto lights) then you have the rain sensor too.

I'm afraid the dealers don't use VCDS, they have their own software which isn't quite as comprehensive so it is very likely they are telling the truth.

You'd be better getting a discount from the dealer and then finding a local member with VCDS and ask them to follow the instructions detailed in this thread.

• Like 1

Yes you have the sensor, if you have the light sensor (auto lights) then you have the rain sensor too.

I'm afraid the dealers don't use VCDS, they have their own software which isn't quite as comprehensive so it is very likely they are telling the truth.

You'd be better getting a discount from the dealer and then finding a local member with VCDS and ask them to follow the instructions detailed in this thread.

That's great to hear, and as I suspected. Ah, did not know that dealers did not use VCDS, that clarifies.  I spoke to the dealer yesterday and they are going to arrange for accessories to the value of the rain sensor to be fitted. I will follow the prompts here to try and find a member who is local,who will be able to carry out for me.

Many thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated help.

• Like 1

hi lads, interesting topic,

Is there any chance a 2009 superb greenline (imported from uk) have auto wipers and auto folding mirrors? has got auto lights and what looks like a sensor on the windscreen behind the rear view mirror.

managing with out them but wouldnt mind having the folding in mirrors.

regards N.P

Is there any chance a 2009 superb greenline (imported from uk) have auto wipers and auto folding mirrors? has got auto lights and what looks like a sensor on the windscreen behind the rear view mirror.

regards N.P

If it has auto lights, it has the rain sensor. It might need to be activated through VCDS though.

That's great to hear, and as I suspected. Ah, did not know that dealers did not use VCDS, that clarifies.  I spoke to the dealer yesterday and they are going to arrange for accessories to the value of the rain sensor to be fitted. I will follow the prompts here to try and find a member who is local,who will be able to carry out for me.

Many thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated help.

I have contacted a local member who has VCDS, we are meeting this Sunday afternoon, I will let you know if we are successful setting up auto wipers.

• Like 1

regards N.P

Is there a position on the knob used to adjust the mirrors for folding them? It's at the one o'clock position which is hidden from view by the knob itself. 

Alternatively press and hold the lock button on the key fob for a few seconds, this also folds the mirrors if the option is fitted to your car.

Hi Guys

I met up with a local member, Jamie this afternoon who has VCDS, once he had connected the laptop he had the rain sensor deactivated (unticked) in Central Electrics 09 and I was up and running.  The dealer has ordered me rear blind so overall a very happy bunny. 

A big thanks to Jamie for setting up for me and to Silver 1011 for his helpful replies to my posts and Phil for the info on setting up the rain sensor in General Electrics.

I need to have a careful look to see what other options available which may be worth getting activated.

Many thanks for a great Forum with Superb (sorry,) info!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 01/08/2014 at 09:24, Phil-E said:

Hi,

Phil

I've just got activated rain sensors on skoda superb s variant using this method. Thanks phil

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...