Daytime running lights

I like drls however my issue is the cooocks driving around at night with just them on ! No rear light just the drls

It's like they go "Oh! Look! I've got lights that come on automagically!!" I don't need to flick a switch or turn a knob!"  :doh:

The same as driving about on just One main or even just Sides or God forbid (one I've seen) Just Fogs at the front (they definitely weren't DRL's) as their mains have blown!... 

The sort of people who get their drivers licence free in a box of Cocoa Pops!  :@  :swear:

• Like 1

Of all the new cars and nearly new cars i see with a fault light, not just front but no lights to the rear on one side.

& that is not a Light going out when an indicator indicates.

Audis.

Either they are on Lease and can not be bothered to go have them fixed again, or they can not be bother, maybe can not afford to have them fixed if a Private Car.

Or just not aware, never check, 'It is an Audi, they never go wrong!!'

Enough warning of Faulty Bulbs in Modern Cars, 

well except where that is also faulty.

Lots of People Buy used cars that were expensive when new and very cheap as a used car,

yet that car is still too expensive for them to Maintain & Service properly and as by Schedule.

A main dealer Big BMW Service where all fluids and Bulbs are changed is an expensive thing,

& why they can be bought for sweeties at 4-5 years old.

But even if your not capable of changing a bulb yourself, halfords will do it for you for peanuts.

I dont think theres any excuse. Half lit cars are dangerous.

Changing a bulb is only a tiny cost in the scheme of things when it comes to motoring.

Well that was a total waste of my time and Skoda's, car was picked up this morning to have the DRL's changed but some how something got lost in translation (I even showed them on a Monte in the showroom) and guess what they changed the fog light bulbs.???.......what's that saying "U can explain something to someone......but u can't make them understand it", well this applies the guy who brought the car back says they have fixed the problem to which I reply really could u come around the front of the car please......and I point at the misting in both units.....oh he says....I then explain that having the fog light bulbs changed has made no difference as they are never switched on unless there's fog (manually)......and I had to show him the DRL's and show with the ignition turned on.......ffs  someone give me strength.....so I'll be replacing the headlight bulbs with brighter ones, and replacing the stock DRL bulbs with LED's as I'm almost sure they run cooler than the big stock bulbs.....so gents get ur recommendation's below as these will be gladly received......(are there any just plug n play LED's for the DRL's and what bulbs should I be looking for..????)

ur's a ****ed off new owner.....     

Edited by Sixty7
  • Like 1

You need a pair of Canbus Error free LED 382 bulbs.

There's loads on EBay for around £10 a set.

Some on here have CREE bulbs fitted but I prefer the Multi SMD type as the look more like LED DRLs like what's fitted to most new cars now therefore other drivers won't think you're driving around with your fog lights on.

Mine are very similar to these, had them in for about 6-7 months and they've been trouble free, think I paid about £8 for the pair at the time.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-18SMD-CANBUS-ERROR-FREE-DRL-1156-S25-LED-WHITE-BULB-382-PY21W-White-Audi-/271050685585?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f1be13c91

Even had a guy stop me in a supermarket car park 2 weeks ago asking where I got them from as he had a Monte and loved the look of them.

Mine are very similar to these, had them in for about 6-7 months and they've been trouble free, think I paid about £8 for the pair at the time.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-18SMD-CANBUS-ERROR-FREE-DRL-1156-S25-LED-WHITE-BULB-382-PY21W-White-Audi-/271050685585?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f1be13c91

Even had a guy stop me in a supermarket car park 2 weeks ago asking where I got them from as he had a Monte and loved the look of them.

And these are just plug n play......no other items needed..???

Nothing else needed.

I always buy the Canbus error free ones then you won't get an error light on the dash warning you that a bulb is out.

All my interior bulbs and numberplate bulbs are LED as well.

They're all just straight replacements for the original bulbs, no resistors or extra wiring needed.

• Like 1

Nothing else needed.

I always buy the Canbus error free ones then you won't get an error light on the dash warning you that a bulb is out.

All my interior bulbs and numberplate bulbs are LED as well.

They're all just straight replacements for the original bulbs, no resistors or extra wiring needed.

Only asking as it says I need 50w resistors......if I fit these....

Just given these a punt! (if they are crap, it's no biggie at £12)

Should be delivered on Tuesday! :)

Looks like they use the reflector nicely too!! unlike some of the Cree ones, though there are now some Cree ones that have LED's on the side too, but they are 3 times the price of these!!

As I said... if they're crap at lease its only £12 not £35 :)

• Like 1

Here's a picture of mine this morning.

They're multi SMD type LEDs, they're barrel shaped with about 50 SMDs attached and look so much like OEM LED DRLs when on and give off a slightly blue white light.

attachicon.gifMonty3.JPG

Do get any misting now...??? or is it greatly reduced..??