Tesco Kitchens

sparks03

Another finger in another pie, but if they do a good job for a good price, who am I to argue.

Glad you're pleased with the outcome. Thanx

My kitchen needs a few extra cupboards, a rework (cooker is in the wrong place imo)

and makeover. I'll buy all the extra cabinets at trade price and just put new doors on the rest

and fit it all myself. Didn't know that Tesco had started doing kitchens though.  

I usually buy my stuff from Benchmarx (I used to work there in the Dagenham Branch)  

which is a part of the Travis Perkins group and the kitchen ranges are identical to

Wickes (also a TP company) kitchens but just have different range names.

Both range names are printed on the boxes as well :giggle: , it's just that Benchmarx are trade

only (and London centric) so aren't as expensive as the Wickes retail stuff but it's exactly the

same gear. Very good quality carcasses though, 18mm all round and a 50 mm service gap 

at the rear, all soft close as standard. From a fitters point of view that's very good.

• Like 2

B&Q are a shower. Took over a week to rip out and install a new kitchen then went to install the doors and were a different shade. Parents wanted light but these were dark oak. They said not our problem, designs can change at any time, etc so we were stuck with it. Lots of complaining and we managed to get some money back. Few years later a few of the carsasses have fallen apart inside so we've had to bodge them to keep them together. As Garry said now I know how easy it is to fit yourself that's what I'll be doing for them. Buy the carcasses for TP or wherever and fit myself. The only hard part would be worktops. 

Another finger in another pie, but if they do a good job for a good price, who am I to argue.

Glad you're pleased with the outcome. Thanx

I know, I was of the same thoughts initially but considered Wickes is owned by Travis Perkins, Homebase by the same group as Sainsburys, B+Q's Kingfisher group looking to buy up Asda and make it the biggest retail group in the country... It was one of those decisions that when boiled down to the bones it was devil and deep-blue sea. 

It was particularly good that the subbed their fitting work to a local company, young lad too. He was even polite when the mrs went spare over the carcass backs not meeting the wall  :think:

We bought our kitchen from Space kitchens, from planning to finally using the new kitchen was just over a month, cost was favourable and the fitter, yes one guy on his own was brilliant, he arrived Monday morning, set too on ripping everything out except the kitchen sink, he plumbed everything in where it was going and then on Tuesday removed the sink and set to fitting the new kitchen, by 5PM it was in and functional. It is still looking good after 12 years, only had to replace the oven and this gets delivered next Wednesday.

The Tesco kitchens are/were the exact same ranges that the likes of Wickes and i think possiby Howdens offer + more. 

We got ours from Howdens - pleasure to deal with apart from the worktops which we too got from worktop-express. Stupidly cheap... Did our entire kitchen worktops for (10 or 12m I can't remember) for less than what B&Q charge for 3m. People who use B&Q for stuff like that are mugs...

Uncertain whether it was post Christmas blues or I was caught at a moment of weakness but around the end of January the wife decided we needed a new kitchen. And an internal wall removing. Blissfully she agreed to pay someone to do it rather than have me fit things in between shifts.

Made contact with Wickes who returned an impressive and beautiful set of plans but with a price tag of £17k. Not sure how I left the store but when I came round I was sat outside Lidl with a bottle of German lager in my hand and someone fanning my face with a Guinness flavoured crisp.

Undeterred I went online as I couldn't remember the name of another Kitchen fitter. The first line up on Google happened to be Tesco so gave it a whirl. Ranges seemed pleasant, reviews were good and the guarantee on the products were the longest I could find of any company.

Rep turned up dead on time with all the right bits and bobs, measured up and produced a plan there and then. A kitchen we wanted for less than half Wickes' quote. We agreed it was what we wanted and signed on the dotted line. Barring the too frequent phonecalls asking me if I was okay, the communication was good and the new kitchen was delivered at the time specified. Shortly after the fitters arrived and were finished within the allotted time.

To be fair I can't rate the service highly enough and the product itself is top notch (no doubt sold by other companies too) If you're thinking of having a new kitchen give them a whirl, you might just be surprised.

Glad you love the new kitchen sparks, you'll spend the next 6 months changing your mind in what goes where in the cupboards :D

I have mostly done kitchens, bathrooms and all manner of other DIY myself.

I've never been really trusting of having trades in to do anything, tend to spend most of my time looking over their shoulder to check they're doing it right. Probably drives them nuts but I can't help it!

An engineering mind and a need to know the job has been done as best it could gets frustrating when i used to be able to do stuff but disability stops me now.

Been pondering a new kitchen for a while but have yet to take the plunge.

Thanx for the heads up on firms to use though. Very helpful. :)

Am in process of working out cost to redo our kitchen completely - Units, white goods, cooker, this thread has been useful, we have been to Howdens & popping to Benchmarx tomorrow.

Went to a local supplier who came back with double!!!!! the expected price despite several reassurances that what was mentioned would be quote close.

Was impressed with howdens specially as they mentioned that their carcasses come pre assembled & they keep stock locally & can replenish within 24 hrs, leys see what benchmarx have.

If you want oak work tops use these guys. Www.worktop-express.co.uk . Excellent service and a quarter of the price of the main stream kitchen sellers

I'd second that.

Am in process of working out cost to redo our kitchen completely - Units, white goods, cooker, this thread has been useful, we have been to Howdens & popping to Benchmarx tomorrow.

Went to a local supplier who came back with double!!!!! the expected price despite several reassurances that what was mentioned would be quote close.

Was impressed with howdens specially as they mentioned that their carcasses come pre assembled & they keep stock locally & can replenish within 24 hrs, leys see what benchmarx have.

Which Benchmarx? If it's Rayleigh then speak to Judith and tell her her brothers friend Garry

sent you ;) And the Benchmarx stuff is pre built too for the most part.

I'd get white goods online if I were you. Benchmarx can discount the cabinets, fascias

and worktops quite heavily but there'snot much discount to be had on appliances in my  

experience. The best time to shop at Benchmarx is during their annual 'Big Bang' promotion.