Yeti collection road trip

MarieK

Maybe as a grand finale you would post us a picture of yourself beside your new Yeti?

Im sure Im not the only one inquisitive about the mystery woman.... :think: ..

Edited by oriki
  • Like 1

Maybe as a grand finale you would post us a picture of yourself beside your new Yeti?

Im sure Im not the only one inquisitive about the mystery woman.... :think: ..

OR come to Gaydon on the 28th for the Briskoda day!

I'd probably have come to the Briskoda day if it coincided with my collection trip as I was staying about 90 mins away.

Now I'm well over 500 miles away so no  :(

I'd probably have come to the Briskoda day if it coincided with my collection trip as I was staying about 90 mins away.

Now I'm well over 500 miles away so no  :(

likewise, it's too far away, plus of course I will be in Germany at the time  :giggle: 

Have you figured out when you might squeeze in a 1000 mile Inspection Marie?

Glad to see Snowy all home and why you needed that "double dog cage" :giggle:

Also seen on the decals thread why Snowy also had to be Candy.  Perfectly camouflaged against the house  - well nearly. :rofl:

Shame there wasn't a Fiat 500 shade of cream in the colour options perhaps?

Was the Juke just a stop-gap between Qashqai and something better (i.e. Snowy)?  I'm interested because I looked at a couple of the Sunderland built "Q+2" cars myself, before settling on "SerGY" the (Cappucino) Yeti. (I'm still refusing to call it beige, 'cos it isn't! :think: )  Now SerGY has been in the family for 3 months and over 3500 miles, I'm totally :happy: with that decision.

Edited by FlintstoneR1
  • Like 1

The Juke was never a stop gap for me. I loved the look of it when I first saw it advertised on tv, and three years ago that was the type of shape I wanted. It was a great, reliable and fun car to drive, the main let down being the boot size as I had to keep the back seats folded most of the time.

I didn't know the yeti existed then, nor did I like the shape of it when I first discovered it a few months back. But it quickly grew on me as I could see the advantages of boot size and versatility of seats. Now I love it as you know.

Like the Evoque, the Juke is a fashion statement first and foremost.  Nothing wrong with that if that's what you want, but practicality is the first thing to fly out the window.

This is the first time I have heard of a Yeti being bought for it's boot space. Usually the comments are about the lack of space!

Juke must REALLY be small. :giggle:

Fred

I had a lovely drive around the trunk road on Skye this morning. The yeti is well suited to Skye living/driving and I love it.

Seem to be getting about 40mpg compared with 45mpg from the juke diesel so I'm happy enough with that. I haven't driven in the dark yet to see what the headlights are like, there are still too few hours of darkness up here. In fact I haven't driven the yeti in the rain either as the sun has followed me from England  :sun:

I look out at Snowy parked in the drive and smile  :)

I'll most probably be smiling driving to work later in the week...something that doesn't happen often  :giggle:

In fact I haven't driven the yeti in the rain either as the sun has followed me from England  :sun:

I'll most probably be smiling driving to work later in the week...something that doesn't happen often  :giggle:

Smiling even more driving it home then :rofl:

BTW when you've finished with it can we have the sun back please.  Not seen it here since Friday - and it rained last night.

I haven't driven in the dark yet to see what the headlights are like, there are still too few hours of darkness up here. In fact I haven't driven the yeti in the rain either as the sun has followed me from England  :sun:

I look out at Snowy parked in the drive and smile  :)

The Yeti xenon head lights are one of the Elegance best features in my very humble opinion. A clear spread of uniform white light. The first time out it seems spooky as they look around as you steer around slower bends. When you start the car in the dark with the lights on they also do a drunken dance as they look around. The Yeti takes a few seconds to wake up from slumber it seems. 

I tend to smile when I get into the car and when driving, some slight sadness when I get out to walk into the office though. When driving, take a glance at that silver trim on the steering wheel and the silver rims of the dials, it looks like your Yeti is smiling back at you.

• Like 2

Agree about the Xenons. Having driven an Impreza with woeful headlights for years, the Fabia's lights seemed a decent improvement. Finally I fitted PIAA spots to the Impreza and thought they were the bee's knees on country roads. Then along came the Yeti, on came the Xenons (automatically) and it was like night and day even to the PIAA spots.

And the cornering feature is so useful on dark country lanes, especially those in Mull where the edges aren't marked either by paint or vegetation...

I'm not surprised you're loving it on Skye. I've said before on here, IMHO the Yeti is about perfect for the roads around the Scottish Isles.

You don't get much chance to test the headlights in London alas...  but last year I was in Wales for a week and one night drove back to my tent pretty late from Aberystwyth to Llanidloes. First time really on totally empty roads at night (you are never alone on the roads in the South East) and I was amazed how perfectly those headlights just shone where you were looking.  Made me realise how antiquated fixed headlights are. :giggle:  Around every bend the lights just lit up everything on the side you were turning into.  Brilliant.  But even if they were fixed the quality of the bright white light as fantastic vs halogens.  It feels like driving with candles out front when I drive a Halogen car (i.e. the MX-5)! 

• Like 3

I think I will benefit from them greatly in the dark here. Not normally many cars on the road, you can usually see a car coming for miles due to their main beam lighting up the sky like a laser.

I had bi-xenons on an is300 lexus for about 3 years and came to take them for granted then went to a leon and went through the process of trying to get decent light from them -changing bulbs....I am now into 3rd year of Elegance/L&K with directional xenons and cannot imaging going back to the old stuff. I'm as likely to specify acetylene as settle for incandescent bulbs, although I'm still waiting for LED lights! 

Thanks for that link johann, hadn't seen it before. It endorses my thoughts that this car is attractive and a direct threat to the Golf 7. VAG claim it is cheaper than the Golf but that is due to the lower spec. If you want the FR with a comparable spec to the Golf 7 then it works out to be more expensive but they don't tell you that......... :whew:

Thanks for that link johann, hadn't seen it before. It endorses my thoughts that this car is attractive and a direct threat to the Golf 7. VAG claim it is cheaper than the Golf but that is due to the lower spec. If you want the FR with a comparable spec to the Golf 7 then it works out to be more expensive but they don't tell you that......... :whew:

I'll just post this quickly before we need to go back OT...

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/07/first-official-photos-of-new-seat-leon.html

The Leon estate.  Even better looking than the hatch in my view.

• Like 1

Can you stop derailing my thread?  :giggle:

I think I'd rather have innuendo than the above  :wonder:

As I said...  I'll post it quickly and then we talk about the road trip again.   :giggle: