Yeti collection road trip

MarieK

Should be a better return trip, not just for the thinning traffic, improving scenery, but of course piloting the new Monster-mobile.

I did a trip earlier this year from Brum to Berghead (nr Inverness) and then back down to Kingussie in my Yeti, and got out feeling fine. Think I'd have needed medical assistance had I done that in the Fabia or Impreza!

Picked a good time to collect it, in great weather. Looking forward to seeing some photos of the adventure.

• Like 1

I'm in Doncaster, spent several hours at Yorkshire Wildlife Park with the camera. Full of kids on their school trips, and very hot but its better than working! 

I was like a big kid myself walking around with an ice cream looking at all the animals.

Spotted a yeti going in as I was driving out (car not monster!)  :giggle:

Moving down to Peak District south tomorrow where I will be based for a week as I got a late cancellation on a self catering thingy. With this weather it should be lovely.

Can't wait to open my yeti sunroof  :sun:

• Like 3

...  It's exciting picking a car up but never picked up a brand new car so that must be REALLY exciting

The first time's the best (like a lot of things). In my case it was a Fiat Bravo 1.8 HLX on the 1st August 1996, so a new P reg. The dealer even gave my wife a bunch of flowers and me a bottle of wine :thumbup:  To temper our excitement my daughter threw up in her car seat that very same evening :sick: .

Since then, the actuality of picking up a new car hasn't quite lived up to the pre-collection excitement build up! All those late nights on the web browsing for (amongst other things :giggle: ) pictures, reviews, reports and any other available information on your soon to be delivered car! Then you pick it up and well, it's nice, but . . . . . . maybe I'm getting old and I've picked up too many new cars for it to be as exciting as the first. Still the smell of a new car . . . . .  ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it goes after a while, but everytime you get in, it reminds you that all the money you invested (sorry, threw away with new car depreciation) was worth it :rofl:

• Like 1

:think:

Burghead ? - if so that's near me  :hi:

Was back in February, when there were loads of long-tailed and eider ducks in the harbour. Even a pair of common scoter. Quite fancy returning to the area next year, as the harbours around there look most interesting...

Ha, thats what I was asking myself Kenny the other day after 400 miles.

Moving another 50 miles south today, another scorcher so thank heavens for air con. My wee Juke has done me proud.

forecast to be hitting 28 or 29 back up the road Marie - you'll need aircon in the yeti too when you get back (mind you due to be back down to 18 or so over the weekend)

I'm surrounded by cows so its like a home from home except these ones aren't as hairy as the highland 'coos'  :giggle: 

They need to be hairy up there to keep the wind out  :rofl:  :angel:

• Like 1

I'm now at self catering log cabin in peak district. 

In the middle of nowhere (and that's coming from someone who lives on Skye), but very nice/peaceful. Struggling to cope with the heat, its like being in the mediterranean :-)

At least I have wifi and a somewhat dodgy phone signal.

I'm surrounded by cows so its like a home from home except these ones aren't as hairy as the highland 'coos'  :giggle: 

Now would it be too much to ask for photos when you get back from there? Me being a city boy all my life I will have to pay my weight in gold for 2 days staying in such places, so I guess photos will have to do, considering present times and circumstances from where I come from  :giggle:

How do you Englanders cope with this heat?

I've had to take cover in a pub with a cold drink, 25C is too hot for a wee Scottish person to cope.

Can't wait to get back to a strong NW Scotland gale ;-)

• Like 4

You needs a nice big cool lake to swim in.

Unless you prefer the pub? ;)

Stupid question? :)

Am I right in thinking you're collecting yours on monday?

How do you Englanders cope with this heat?

I've had to take cover in a pub with a cold drink, 25C is too hot for a wee Scottish person to cope.

Can't wait to get back to a strong NW Scotland gale ;-)

25?  my thermometer is reading 29 in the shade here,   and just finished cutting and splitting a trailer load of logs :whew: ,  time for a few ice cold rum and cokes now.

Just been told we are out for a curry tonight :whew:  :whew:  :rofl:  

• Like 1

Well according to the external thermometer here it is now 31 outside, but inside the air con is blowing a nice cool 21.

I'm still bored out of my tiny though.

No trains passing but I've still got to be here until 1800, then back at 0600 tomorrow. I think I might bring some sand paper, primer and paint in and repair the chips on the rear wheel arch, ready for it's wash and polish on Monday.

It went up to 28C after I posted.

Coolest place is the car with aircon.

Went to Chatsworth but it was too damn hot to walk around the gardens for long. Tried inside the big house but it wasn't much cooler. Hence the pub  :rofl:

Yes I'm collecting the car on monday. I'm obviously in yeti country as I've seen loads of them today  :rock:

Englander...is that even a word?

Posted from my mobile, it predicted the word and I didn't notice  :think:

I blame the heat  :kiss:

Well, it sort of goes along with 'Britisher' as spoken by Germaners in all those old war films.  ;)  Horrified that the machine passed it!  Who compiles and vets these auto spell thingies?!

Yes, 'tis warmish, isn't it?  :whew: :rain::happy:

• Like 1