RRG SKODA - Rochdale

BigW

First time using these after always going to Stockport so I thought I'd give them a go.

Rang them first thing this morning with regards to my MOT and service and the service counter is busy - yeh perfectly understandable as it's Monday.

Rang again at 10, no answer assuming they're busy, kind lady took my details and said she would ring me back.

Rang again at 13:00, all busy.

It's now 15:00 and still no call hmmmm....

Are you trying to make a booking or is your car currently in with us for work?

The internet and half the phone lines are currently down.

Cars already booked in for the 20th but I'm trying to get some more work done whilst it's there. There's been no communication error whilst ringing they've just not answered/been busy. Wouldn't mind speaking to you directly actually, fancy dropping me a call?

The calls all run through a central switch board, at the moment they'll ring all day (as though someone isn't picking up) but the call isn't being transferred through to the relevant department correctly. Usually the only phone that can receive calls is the central number for reception (01706 758 888). It's happened before and is usually sorted with 48 hours.

I've text Dave the senior service advisor and asked him to look into it.

I'm currently off work but I am more than happy to discuss via PM.

The calls all run through a central switch board, at the moment they'll ring all day (as though someone isn't picking up) but the call isn't being transferred through to the relevant department correctly. Usually the only phone that can receive calls is the central number for reception (01706 758 888). It's happened before and is usually sorted with 48 hours.

I've text Dave the senior service advisor and asked him to look into it.

I'm currently off work but I am more than happy to discuss via PM.

Just spoke to him now, he sounds like a happy chap :p

Told me to speak to you directly.

• 2 weeks later...

Made a **** up this morning thinking you opened at 8 so yes, that was me sat there in the car park early hours... I thought I was sat in a Ferrari with all the looks I was getting then realised I'm an hour early.

Certainly got better looking staff than Stockport :p

• 1 month later...

I think you need to change this bit too James?

Chief Skoda tech @ RRG Rochdale.

RRG Skoda Rochdale voted #1 Skoda retailer 2015.

can't stress enough how good of a garage RRG skoda Rochdale are they are friendly welcoming and in no way rips off's like some other garages are, would also recommend people who don't necessarily have a skoda or want one go as well as they have a vast selection of pre owned cars for sale (saw a rare subaru impreza hatchback last time i was there that i wanted <3 ) and a cupra R line , also seem to be 1.4 TFSI experts as they have fixed mine many times and don't seem to waste any time same day in same day out kinda deal, there service packs are affordable and good value for money aswell as i have one on my skoda fabia vrs in red (license end's in ECA if you ever see me around ;) ) also there tyre prices fitted are VERY competitive thats including fitting , i turned up with my own tyres and they fitted them at £10 per tyre bargain, the mechanics there are second to non also very friendly and do a free vehicle health check and don't find 'Fake faults' like other garages ive been to do, even if i didn't have a skoda as a next car i would probably take it there as the mechanics seem clued up on all cars even ones outside the VAG range (used to be mazda dealer aswell) and they still have the mazda master technician i believe. maybe its just me who has had good experience with them but its my opinion and i thought i would let people know as i don't feel I'm getting used for money everytime i go like ive felt at others.

• Like 4

On 10/03/2017 at 16:24, RickW said:

I think you need to change this bit too James?

Chief Skoda tech @ RRG Rochdale.

RRG Skoda Rochdale voted #1 Skoda retailer 2015.

Thanks James,all the best in your new job,you're a great help.;)

• Like 2

On 10/03/2017 at 17:16, thomasaspin said:

can't stress enough how good of a garage RRG skoda Rochdale are they are friendly welcoming and in no way rips off's like some other garages are, would also recommend people who don't necessarily have a skoda or want one go as well as they have a vast selection of pre owned cars for sale (saw a rare subaru impreza hatchback last time i was there that i wanted <3 ) and a cupra R line , also seem to be 1.4 TFSI experts as they have fixed mine many times and don't seem to waste any time same day in same day out kinda deal, there service packs are affordable and good value for money aswell as i have one on my skoda fabia vrs in red (license end's in ECA if you ever see me around ;) ) also there tyre prices fitted are VERY competitive thats including fitting , i turned up with my own tyres and they fitted them at £10 per tyre bargain, the mechanics there are second to non also very friendly and do a free vehicle health check and don't find 'Fake faults' like other garages ive been to do, even if i didn't have a skoda as a next car i would probably take it there as the mechanics seem clued up on all cars even ones outside the VAG range (used to be mazda dealer aswell) and they still have the mazda master technician i believe. maybe its just me who has had good experience with them but its my opinion and i thought i would let people know as i don't feel I'm getting used for money everytime i go like ive felt at others.

Because you tend to tip with alcohol I liked to go above and beyond for you Tom. ;)

You're a nice chap and that counts for a lot these days especially when appreciation for the motor trade is few and far between. 

It was usually me personally who was tasked with your car and issues such as sorting your engine oil usage, pas/coolant leak and as of late - your wiring issue on your coils have all been met with thanks and appreciation. 

Whether that level of service continues - I honestly couldn't say. 

As for master techs - people may profess to be them but how much that counts for is open to debate. 

I was the only Skoda qualified person across both sites and their only Master technician. 

Alas my time with RRG is over and whilst I very much enjoyed it there (as the company itself and some of the managers were very good to work for) I felt my experience and skill was better utilised elsewhere.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, James@Pentagon_Seat said:

Because you tend to tip with alcohol I liked to go above and beyond for you Tom. ;)

You're a nice chap and that counts for a lot these days especially when appreciation for the motor trade is few and far between. 

It was usually me personally who was tasked with your car and issues such as sorting your engine oil usage, pas/coolant leak and as of late - your wiring issue on your coils have all been met with thanks and appreciation. 

Whether that level of service continues - I honestly couldn't say. 

As for master techs - people may profess to be them but how much that counts for is open to debate. 

I was the only Skoda qualified person across both sites and their only Master technician. 

Alas my time with RRG is over and whilst I very much enjoyed it there (as the company itself and some of the managers were very good to work for) I felt my experience and skill was better utilised elsewhere.

Honestly you will be very well missed at that garage James not only did you give 100 percent in the workshop you were also very active on the forum and helped people out on here , I hope you keep active on the forum as you are a top chap ;) and very clued up on the 1.4 tfsi :) and thanks for fixing my shoddy soldering out ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I found out today that RRG Skoda Rochdale's aftersales department was voted #1 (once again) in the whole of the uk dealer network for 2016!

I wonder if that makes me the best Skoda Master tech that ironically doesn't work within the brand anymore... 

• Like 1