Pics of NON LED Daylight Running Lights

When i recieve my car i Will get the dealer to code mine so i get DRL in the Foglights that should be no problem To do.

In the UK you can have them activated as part of buiid, but Skoda charge £70, is it not the same for DK & will the dealer charge to do this?

A few UK dealers wont do this or say they dont know how, but there are a few people with VAG-COM who will do it for a few beers, is there anyone in your country that will do for a beer or 2 if they will be cheaper that what a would charge.

When i recieve my car i Will get the dealer to code mine so i get DRL in the Foglights that should be no problem To do.

Are you sure that is legal ? I'm pretty sure that driving with the fog lights on all the time eventually will get you fined.

a foglight can never be a DRL in its true sense!!!!

the lens/reflector of foglight is completely different to that required by a daytime running light.

there's a reason why the high beam is used at reduced power, or a dedicated DRL light cluster.

Its not illigal. In Denmark the law says " In the daytime your car have to have to white/Yellow lights in the front, these lights can be Fog lights as long as the normal lights NOT are on at the same time" So its perfectly legal. So no problem here with the Law. We dont even need to have rear lights in the daytime.

So mine is getting coded for free :giggle:  My dealer is a very good friend so he will do everything for me. My new H&R lowering springs will also be installed free of charge.

that's not the case in the UK, Fog lights are set to be bright, so they would dazzle oncoming vehicles.

If the fog lights could be turned down then in theory they could be used, but under UK law you must ONLY use fog lights when visibility is poor, if you use them outside those parameters then you can get a ticket.

It is possible on the MkII Octavia to select the front fog lights to be used as DRL's.

It is also possible to reduce their brightness when in DRL mode too.

Would be interesting to know if this can be done on the MkIII, although I'm not sure why you'd want to when the MkIII already has a dedicated DRL function.

Speaking of fog lights, anyone got pictures of the tail fog lights - both the LED and non-LED ones ?

As far as I know both versions have the same 'old school' bulbs. The only difference between both type of rear lights is in sidelights - one are LED and the other are not. All other are the same on both versions - standard bulbs (fog lights, brake lights, turn signal etc.)

I'm not 100% sure about the brake lights being the same but for all other lights I'm pretty certain.

Edited by PekoSI

As far as I know both versions have the same 'old school' bulbs. The only difference between both type of rear lights is in sidelights - one are LED and the other are not. All other are the same on both versions - standard bulbs (fog lights, brake lights, turn signal etc.)

I'm not 100% sure about the brake lights being the same but for all other lights I'm pretty certain.

You might be right, after digging around I found this picture that pretty much illustrates what you write.

2014_skoda_octavia_rs_76_1920x1080.jpg

On the other hand, it does not correspond well with the already known tail light explanation chart. Where the non-LED have 1/2/3/4 and the LED 1/2/5/6/7. Why would they state tehm different if it is the same bulp ?

2013-Skoda-Octavia-III-taillights.jpg

I did some research myself as well and this is what I found.

In the manual there are sketches of basic and LED tail lights with instructions on how to replace the bulbs (look bellow).

Since there are 4 normal bulbs in basic and 3 normal bulbs in LED light I think the correct explanation would be that both versions have normal light bulbs for:

- fog

- back-up

- turn

And are only different in sidelights and stop (normal or LED).

For Octavia 

Octavia rear lights

For Octavia Estate

Octavia Combi rear lights

• Like 1