Whiteline ARB - Rear

Morning all,

I am getting the Whiteline treatment next week & am looking for a little advise.... :rofl:

I am getting the WALK device fitted to the front & the garage is also doing a whell re-alignment. I've been told this is quite acceptable if used in the right hands. Penny for your thoughts here.....

Secondly I'm getting a RARB fitted too (adjustable). From your experience should I go hard, medium or soft & what each setting feel like for me when driving? As a side note can I easily adjust these myself after the garage has fitted them or not?

Thanks in advance. :hi:

Regards

Mark

I've got mine on medium and it seems to feel right to me, talking to JKM when they fitted mine - most have it set to medium.

I'm back to see Nick in the morning as my springs have now settled for a check and adjust if required.  :sun:

Is Nick doing the work ?

I've got mine on medium and it seems to feel right to me, talking to JKM when they fitted mine - most have it set to medium.

I'm back to see Nick in the morning as my springs have now settled for a check and adjust if required.  :sun:

Is Nick doing the work ?

Paul,

I dont know who is doing it but i've been in email contact with Jim (quite reassuring fella) & recently Kate (to order parts & book me in). I've since found out the settings for the RARB are set when fitted.

I'm hopefully pencilled in for one morning next week.

I'm trying not to touch the Susp. I'm thinking the above changes will stablise the car more without me having the drop it.

Mark

Sorry getting my Marks mixed up - Nick is at the Southampton Alignment Company that we had a meeting at, which was arranged by another Mark on the forum - ooops.

You'll be in good hands at JKM - only took 30 minutes to install mine.

The ARB setting can be changed afterwards if you find it too soft on Medium.

I appreciate the comments. I'll probably go hard unless the garage reccommend medium as the Walk is fitted too. Lets see....

Id recommend Medium, its much better than stock, and if you really feel the need you can change to hard later, just dont blame us if you oversteer into a roundabout in the winter, lol

• Like 2

Hi,

I have just fitted the whiteline arb to my 07 vrs on the medium setting.

when cornering i feel the brakes tapping on sometimes and the traction light giving a flash, although im nowhere near to losing control. has anyone else felt this? 

thanks

Id recommend Medium, its much better than stock, and if you really feel the need you can change to hard later, just dont blame us if you oversteer into a roundabout in the winter, lol

+1 I'd go for medium first.

Shame I missed this one. Do they do many of these from your knowledge? Always good to know a reputable workshop/garage!

Nick only does alignment - but he was talking about contacting Mark (Marky T) to arrange another one.

+1 I'd go for medium first.

I think i'm settling on this setting. I saw a youtube vid with a meduim setting it looks very impressive. Like D@z mentioned there is a likelyhood I'll only end up popping the back end away one wet or cold moring if it's on hard. I've had to postpone fitting until Tuesday next week now as was going in tomorrow but realised it's my b'day! The good lady & the kids don't want me toddling off for a couple of hours..... :think: before I start work in the afternoon. :rofl:

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have just fitted the whiteline arb to my 07 vrs on the medium setting.

when cornering i feel the brakes tapping on sometimes and the traction light giving a flash, although im nowhere near to losing control. has anyone else felt this? 

thanks

Is it possible you now require a 4 wheel alignment after having the arb fitted? Or is it possible your tyres can't provide the traction that your chassis now requires?

Is it possible you now require a 4 wheel alignment after having the arb fitted? Or is it possible your tyres can't provide the traction that your chassis now requires?

Thanks Rob, bit of a delay, Traded my mk2 for a mk3 now so dont have the issue.

No worries dude. I'm guessing that

Thanks Rob, bit of a delay, Traded my mk2 for a mk3 now so dont have the issue.

No worries dude I'm guessing that sorted your suspension issue out then lol.

I've had a Whiteline RARB for three years now. It was £170 plus fitting, which is easy.

Makes the car handle properly rather than like a drunken 3 legged cow.

Its like getting a remap, but for the suspension.

• Like 1