Best turbo upgrade octavia vrs

Hi all I have a feeling my turbo is dying as its smoking quite a bit. I had it remapped to stage 2 a few months ago and im guessing the extra strain is killing it. What would be the best upgrade k03s hybrid, k04 or garret turbo?

Help will be much appreciated :-)

Go for a beach buggy turbos hybrid!

Top quality turbos coming from them at the minute!

What stage 2 hardware do you have currently?

You will probably need to change your fmic for a garrett setup!

Going BT (garrett) will cost you the best part of £8k+ assuming you know your way around the car!

Beaten to it :rofl:

Forged engined ... many thousands of pounds

Only worth doing for fun basically

modern hybrids will get quite close to older Garrett/IHI turbo's (GT2860RS/vf34, etc), and cost less

In terms of strength and reliability though, they won't match a Garrett

Their were/are a series of kits called "Eliminator"  kits

They featureed a range of Garrett turbos' (often odd old version models) with a manifold adapter

As you can imagine, trying to flow a bigger turbo through the stock mani and dp resulted in mani's melting

Don't ever remember reading a positive thing about those kits

whos the best person to message about the hybrid upgrade?

just want to know about the injectors and if you have to change the inlet manifold to the cupra set up ect?

best place to get my k03s hybrided?

am i best to just find a cupra r breaking for the parts?

does anyone know all the part numbers needed for the upgraded parts?

............................or you could use a "mapper" who knows what they are doing!  Amazing how one mapper manages to destroy every turbo from us and others achieve fantastic figures and the turbos are still going strong.  Maybe speak to us and not judge us by others comments. 

Who was the mapper that's destroyed them ??

I'm going on what has been seen from some of the top tuners in the country and what's been seen when the failed turbos have been stripped @ beach buggy turbos ??

If your turbos are good why would these people publicy slate you when they used to fit your products ??

I all for seeing good hybrids that are consistent all in the name of getting the best products for my customers.

• Like 1

............................or you could use a "mapper" who knows what they are doing!  Amazing how one mapper manages to destroy every turbo from us and others achieve fantastic figures and the turbos are still going strong.  Maybe speak to us and not judge us by others comments. 

Even then, you still need to be a paid advertiser to flog your wares here. Until then, I suggest you give it up.

Welcome along Jardo

I'm guessing your friends didn't experience much aftermarket support ?

Very impressive figures for you car - particularly that torque :thumbup:

Thanks Snow Muncher; she is my baby.

Interestingly the owners of the blown hybrids actually had the "mapper" in question phone CR to express his concerns at the internals used in the units. Every time he asked to speak to the boss he was out of the office.

But when he phoned back a few seconds later posing as a customer looking to buy he didn't have an issue getting hold of him immediately.

I really like what CR are doing, providing a quick and mainstream way to purchase a fairly high tech piece of kit which should be well developed and reliable.

The issue is they are charging top whack figures for basic products which are poorly built.

The only one they got right was their old K04 hybrid, and that was only because of a certain tuner doing all the R&D work for them.

Get your **** together CR, you are offering something everybody wants but giving it a bad name due to poor quality.

It should be like shelling peas.

Indeed... is that what you believe CR?

Look at your build consistency... or lack of..

Stop blaming every failure on oil contamination which is total BS and lies..... No other bearing system on the SAME FILTERED OIL SUPPLY on the engines suffers apart from your turbos.. How odd. Care to explain?

Look at the internals you use, the parts you use, and those you dont use, and those you randomly use... 

Inconsistent output is what you produce.

Some work fine, some dont..

Thats the reason I ceased to use you some years ago. Fed up of inconsistent quality of product which went on to fail.

You have made good ones... Figure out how you did it and repeat it... It will be better for you all round.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1