Fitting oem VAG stainless pedals to the Citigo guide

Didescharlie

I fell in love with the interior of the Citigo Sport as soon as I saw it, the red stitching, custom dash and seats really set the cabin apart from the standard model. For me the only thing missing for that final sporty touch are stainless steel sports foot pedals. Before I'd even taken delivery of the car I posted for advice on the Fabia II and Citigo forums as well as the Up! owners club, which resulted in some differing snippets of advice, which I am now collating into this single thread - and sharing a few of the little tribulations I had along the way.

The end result:

P8053818.jpg

To boil things down to the simplest answer, you need the pedals from the Mk1 Audi TT. If you trawl eBay for a "set" of these pedals it can lead you into trouble. Understand that there is no "set" as such - there is simply a universal clutch pedal cap, a universal brake pedal cap, and either a LEFT or RIGHT hand drive accelerator cap. The left hand drive accelerator is a broadly 'symmetrical' design with 4 rounded corners and 8 rubber pips (as shown in the fitted picture above. The right hand drive accelerator pedal, shown below, has a corner 'missing' and only 7 rubber pips:

P8053819.jpg

I don't want to confuse anybody here, but the picture above, whilst suiting the RHD audi TT mk1, and gracing the RHD Fabia mk2 (vRS/Monte etc) is NOT the correct part for a RHD Citigo.

So, just to confuse matters you will need to purchase a LHD accelerator pedal cap for your RHD Citigo!

It is worth noting the difficulty I had in tracking down the correct parts easily. You can cut and paste the part numbers below into ebay, and various Skoda parts departments have ebay stores which sell them. (I ended up buying mine from Derek Slack). However, DO NOT get into a conversation with a parts department about fitting these pedals to a Citigo as it just seems to make parts guys' heads melt as their computer-says-no mentality can't deal with the fact that the VAG parts database doesn't recognise the standard rubber Citigo pedals as being compatible with any other pedal.

Another thing to note is that as you're needing to buy a LHD accelerator pedal most UK dealers don't stock them anyway. Pasting the gas pedal part number into eBay just threw up a lot of nasty old used items, which may be acceptable to some but not for me in a brand new car. In the end I used this link, and the service was bang on. Note that you buy each item individually from these guys and not as a 'set':

http://www.germanautopartsdirect.co.uk/AUDI-AUDI-TT-MK1-INTERIOR/c1_34_83/p3559/STAINLESS-STEEL-PEDAL-RUBBERS/product_info.html

The part numbers you need are as follows:

Clutch: 8N0 721 174A 01C

Brake: 8N0 721 173A 01C

LHD Accelerator : 8N1 721 647B

Fitting really is as easy as pie. You simply pull off the existing clutch and brake rubbers. The below picture is what they look like underneath.

P8053820.jpg

Brake here is on the left and clutch on the right. Your new stainless pedals should look identical to this from the back. As you can see each cap has a rubberised surround that fits snugly around the metal of the pedal arm itself. The only tip I would give to fitting these is that as you can see the brake pedal cap differs slightly in that there is a rubber lug which matches up to a corresponding hole in the metal. This can be awkward, but I ended up dabbing on a tiny tiny amount of kitchen oil and it slipped on no problem.

The accelerator is even easier as it just slips over the existing rubber which is not able to be removed anyway.

And there you have it. A tidy, OEM, and very sporty looking Citigo footwell:

P8053817.jpg

• Like 4

Picture looks great. Do you mean you bought yours from Derek Slack? and the part numbers are the same on the link? If so how did the price compare.

Edited by Marty mii

Picture looks great. Do you mean you bought yours from Derek Slack? and the part numbers are the same on the link? If so how did the price compare.

The easy answer to this is that if I were doing it again, I would buy them all from link above - and yes the part numbers are copied across from the link as I know they are the correct ones. I think Derek Slack charged £16.99 with postage for the clutch pedal cap. I originally bought a RHD "set" from a eBay seller called Tuning Fanatics in Germany. The clutch cap they sent me was a slightly different design, which parts depts have told was for a newer car (possibly TT mkII), and arranging a replacement in German was a pain! In the meantime, my eagerness lead me to buy the correct clutch cap from Derek S, but Tuning Fanatics were very good and sent me the correct model cap, which is how I ended up with two (one of which Damo has bought from me).

Incidentally, as I see you have a Mii, I did discuss the alleged "set" of sports pedals that have appeared on the Mii accessories list. I have seen this myself in pdf form, but the couple of VAG parts people I spoke to have never see this set or seen it as "orderable" on the system - at least that is what I was told. I haven't actually seen if these pedals are standard VAG items or custom Mii design items.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the Guide! Might be something I look to do in the future! One question though...are these pedals the same as on the MK1 Fabia VRS? As I have had both Mk1 TT and Mk1 Fabia VRS and always thought they were exactly the same?!

Dont think there's any difference in them, but as said get the left hand drive accelerator cover as it fits the Citigo better

I've got them on mine and it smartens up the footwell and gives it a sportier look

Should have been standard on the Sport model anyway IMO

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if there is any difference with the clutch and brake on a LHD tbh

You only need the LHD accelerator pedal

Thats a decent price though, providing there is no difference with the clutch and brake 

Can someone confirm that these are the correct pedals please?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140987419725?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The gas pedal certainly looks correct, but I couldn't say emphatically without the part numbers. I made a mistake with a set I bought where the clutch cap was incorrect - although it "looked" correct, it had a rubber "prong" in the centre and was a few mm too short in the width..

I'd suggest asking for the part numbers - they are moulded into the rubber on the back of the pedals (or on the packaging if they are still wrapped), and shouldn't bother the seller too much to provide you with them.

It's a good price if they are correct!

How easy did the brake pedal go on for you? I lubed it up with a bit of fairy liquid and the lug appeared to go through the hole fine but the pedal cover now appears to have a bit of excessive lateral movement. I'm not sure ive got in on correctly.

• 4 months later...

Just to say I have already contacted the seller of this item on EBay for the part numbers and apparently they don't have any as they are non genuine parts...

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I fell in love with the interior of the Citigo Sport as soon as I saw it, the red stitching, custom dash and seats really set the cabin apart from the standard model. For me the only thing missing for that final sporty touch are stainless steel sports foot pedals. Before I'd even taken delivery of the car I posted for advice on the Fabia II and Citigo forums as well as the Up! owners club, which resulted in some differing snippets of advice, which I am now collating into this single thread - and sharing a few of the little tribulations I had along the way.

The end result:

P8053818.jpg

To boil things down to the simplest answer, you need the pedals from the Mk1 Audi TT. If you trawl eBay for a "set" of these pedals it can lead you into trouble. Understand that there is no "set" as such - there is simply a universal clutch pedal cap, a universal brake pedal cap, and either a LEFT or RIGHT hand drive accelerator cap. The left hand drive accelerator is a broadly 'symmetrical' design with 4 rounded corners and 8 rubber pips (as shown in the fitted picture above. The right hand drive accelerator pedal, shown below, has a corner 'missing' and only 7 rubber pips:

P8053819.jpg

I don't want to confuse anybody here, but the picture above, whilst suiting the RHD audi TT mk1, and gracing the RHD Fabia mk2 (vRS/Monte etc) is NOT the correct part for a RHD Citigo.

So, just to confuse matters you will need to purchase a LHD accelerator pedal cap for your RHD Citigo!

It is worth noting the difficulty I had in tracking down the correct parts easily. You can cut and paste the part numbers below into ebay, and various Skoda parts departments have ebay stores which sell them. (I ended up buying mine from Derek Slack). However, DO NOT get into a conversation with a parts department about fitting these pedals to a Citigo as it just seems to make parts guys' heads melt as their computer-says-no mentality can't deal with the fact that the VAG parts database doesn't recognise the standard rubber Citigo pedals as being compatible with any other pedal.

Another thing to note is that as you're needing to buy a LHD accelerator pedal most UK dealers don't stock them anyway. Pasting the gas pedal part number into eBay just threw up a lot of nasty old used items, which may be acceptable to some but not for me in a brand new car. In the end I used this link, and the service was bang on. Note that you buy each item individually from these guys and not as a 'set':

http://www.germanautopartsdirect.co.uk/AUDI-AUDI-TT-MK1-INTERIOR/c1_34_83/p3559/STAINLESS-STEEL-PEDAL-RUBBERS/product_info.html

The part numbers you need are as follows:

Clutch: 8N0 721 174A 01C

Brake: 8N0 721 173A 01C

LHD Accelerator : 8N1 721 647B

Fitting really is as easy as pie. You simply pull off the existing clutch and brake rubbers. The below picture is what they look like underneath.

P8053820.jpg

Brake here is on the left and clutch on the right. Your new stainless pedals should look identical to this from the back. As you can see each cap has a rubberised surround that fits snugly around the metal of the pedal arm itself. The only tip I would give to fitting these is that as you can see the brake pedal cap differs slightly in that there is a rubber lug which matches up to a corresponding hole in the metal. This can be awkward, but I ended up dabbing on a tiny tiny amount of kitchen oil and it slipped on no problem.

The accelerator is even easier as it just slips over the existing rubber which is not able to be removed anyway.

And there you have it. A tidy, OEM, and very sporty looking Citigo footwell:

P8053817.jpg

Hello my friends.i have seat mii.can i put this pedals?i confused little what accelerator pedal i buy?i am from greece.my steering wheel is left

• 3 weeks later...

Hello my friends.i have seat mii.can i put this pedals?i confused little what accelerator pedal i buy?i am from greece.my steering wheel is left

Hey :) I'd buy one for the RHD side then, surely that should work?! This wasn't easy though, I found taking the brake pedal cover off and putting the new one a real nightmare but brute force one in the end, however I do find the brake pedal very wobbly but secure

Hey :) I'd buy one for the RHD side then, surely that should work?! This wasn't easy though, I found taking the brake pedal cover off and putting the new one a real nightmare but brute force one in the end, however I do find the brake pedal very wobbly but secure

I found the tiniest dab of margarine on the inside of the new pedal turned it from being a nightmare to just slipping on really easy.

• 4 years later...

Bumping this back up as I looked into getting these sports pedal for my Go.

Took a chance on eBay and purchased a set 8N1064200 for only £32 which I thought was pretty good value.

Came from a VW dealership and included instructions and all.

Clutch and accelerator pedals were pretty straight forward to fit.

Clutch take off the original rubber and put the new one on.

Accelerator slip the new one over the current one.

Brake- this is where I had a bit of trouble as I couldn't get the original rubber cover off due to the raised 'points as pictured already. 

Will give it another go tomorrow as I ran out of time.

I didn't want to use brute force in case I break the original rubber cover but if I have to then no issue.