My V6 Twindoor!

Leon-y-k

Another performance estate in 'Brown' ish color....

I have seen the video for this car absolutely mental fast,time warp speed, and the worlds most hideous interior two tone brown and orange vomit inducing!!! But the speed of that thing !!!

• Like 1

It's been tough trying to get time to give up the car for a day or two because I use it for work, managed to organise the car to be dropped off today because it takes 24 hours for the glue to set when the splitter is fitted... gave the 'B a wash today before it went in but needs a good detail soon.

Here's the before front end shot before (excuse the flies on first pic before washing it) ... maybe some people won't even notice but I'm looking forward to having one fitted, the colour looks great in the sun :)

Hopefully I can pick it up on Friday 

Dirty%2Bfront.jpg

Front%2Bbefore%2Bsplitter.jpgRear%2Bwash.jpgBROWN.jpg

• Like 3

Well today it rained! Managed to pick up my car with the splitter painted in mocha and black with pearl flecks for the center lip. :)

It's looking a little purple today for some reason...might be picasa loading it slightly differently

And another addition was the top grill that's also been body coloured because it was in a bad state. Pics attached, shame it was wet really - the first pic shows the colour difference between the mocha and black!Splitter%2Bside.jpgTop%2Bgrill.jpg

20150424_194746.jpg20150424_194712.jpg20150424_194622.jpg20150424_193043.jpg

• Like 4

Yeah it does! I look forward to a sunny day when I can see it dry, it's never the best weather to pick up a new or freshly painted car in the rain because you can't notice anything.

It's shouting out to be lowered though!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice choice there Leon, great kit. Many hours of detailing fun ahead.

I look forward to it, I'm sure the Superb will take a day to do! Jason recomended it to me the other night :)

Fitted me new badges on today the Citigo ones, I was worried about lining them up though... I think they're sitting level?!

The wheels I decided need a refurb so I'm sticking to my 18's at the moment and getting them some new rubber tomorrow. 

Looks much better I think, all because of a stone chip on the front grill  :notme:

20150506_150619.jpg20150506_145028.jpg20150506_162654.jpg20150506_162433.jpg

The lights are fine, the camera just didn't quite catch them in time! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Few more pics! I wish we never had number plates but anyway....I purchased a new plate from the money I had for my birthday and decided to get some pressed metal ones LEO LYK :) I've gotta say that the plates were a pain to take off!

I had a test fit the day before, while popping new wheel caps on too. 

2015-05-18%2B22.01.07_resized.jpg

2015-05-18%2B22.02.01_resized.jpg2015-05-18%2B22.02.39_resized.jpg2015-05-18%2B22.03.20_resized.jpg2015-05-18%2B22.04.00_resized.jpg

Next up.... 40mm H&R springs on their way  :clap:

• Like 3

I'll look forward to comparing notes with you on the H&R Springs Leon. On my Fabia vRS they were great, but that car already rode awful.

My Superb has H&R springs on - Still rides beautifully, the dampers on the car are obviously rather soft, which i assume will be the same for the V6 version unless its carrying a considerable amount more weight?

Only catch with mine is the low front splitter. The car isn't too low as such, but the soft dampening means that it can drop low enough to catch i.e. cornering at speed, with a dip in the road. coming off speedbumps (even when moving slowly) Still no damage or anything to my splitter, but it does make me cringe.  :D

• Like 1

YES! Springs :D

Plate looks spot on too. Nice choice [emoji106]

Finally yes! I just need to find somewhere decent who will fit them now. Should get them tomorrow woo!

I'll look forward to comparing notes with you on the H&R Springs Leon. On my Fabia vRS they were great, but that car already rode awful.

Sure! I had Koni's 30mm/40mm on my fabia once upon a time and they were good with the shocks!

H&R used to supply Skoda springs for their wrc cars once upon a time I believe?

Will keep you posted, have you fitted yours yet?

post-4851-14321227893492_thumb.jpg

My Superb has H&R springs on - Still rides beautifully, the dampers on the car are obviously rather soft, which i assume will be the same for the V6 version unless its carrying a considerable amount more weight?

Only catch with mine is the low front splitter. The car isn't too low as such, but the soft dampening means that it can drop low enough to catch i.e. cornering at speed, with a dip in the road. coming off speedbumps (even when moving slowly) Still no damage or anything to my splitter, but it does make me cringe. :D

The springs I've got on order are suitable for the 3.6 'B, CC, and Passat 3.6 too as far as I can tell.

Our roads are quite up and down in Cornwall, and currently I sometimes feel a bit seasick pushing on an A or a B road haha!

Can't be much difference to yours? Mines about 2200kg [emoji4]

2.2 tonnes?! Jesus that's some weight. Sure mine is more like 1600kg?!

It'll still be pretty bouncy with standard shocks I reckon. I never had mine standard to compare, but it's still soft, comfy and boucy with a 45mm drop on H&R springs.

• Like 2

Shocks control compression only a little relative to rebound. You shouldn't be grounding the nose because the suspension is soft with H&R springs unless it is because it is too low for the car. Bouncy ride on springs is due to the dampers not being strong enough to control the spring rebound rather than allowing the spring to compress too much.

Edit: Sorry mate forgot you have the afternarket splitter

Are yours 29162-4 Leon?

Sparky yes they are the same! Sat in my living room now just need to get someone to fit them or the local dealer?