Engine Fault. Workshop!

So 45 miles from home this comes on. Doesn't the exclamation mark makes you feel good...

The Exhaust Control System light stays on. But no noticeable change in performance, i.e. no limp home mode.

Any takers as to what this may be?

Incidentally I don't have access to VCDS. But coincidentally I did stall it, yesterday.  :blush:

If DPF, then Shark here I come!!!

Is it a PD170? If yes, have you had the injector recall? (Typical injector failure is a (briefly) flashing glowplug light and a dead engine).

It's a CR.

Cheers for the reply, getting the diagnostic on Weds...

Friendly independent Skoda garage has taken a look at the codes and apparently they all point at the Throttle Body (£197 to replace)

Anyone got any experience of this as a common fault?

Is replacement the way to go?

Matt.

I've heard a lot on here of throttle bodies needing a clean.

Yep. Clean or replace.

Clean and then evetually need to replace...

Or

Replace just to eventually need a clean...

Aaargh.

• 7 months later...

I have just had this warning flash up on my 2009 CR170 too. I have noticed over the last few days that on a cold start there is a marked lack of power even on full throttle, almost like the turbo is not spinning up, but then it can go back to normal after lifting off the throttle. Tonight I started it after leaving to stand for about 30 minutes with the engine up to temperature, gave it some throttle and noticed the problem and then the engine fault message came up with the glow plug light flashing. Pulled over and restarted the engine, all was fine with no throttle issue and full power available.

Did you get anywhere in solving your problem 2Kittys? Did a throttle body clean work?

Thanks,

Dan

• 2 years later...