Central Locking out of sync after replacing door lock.

Chris Berry

I've had to replace my passenger side front door lock mechanism because the old one was sticking & not unlocking the door.

However, since replacing the door lock it seems that the passenger door is out of sync with the rest of the central locking system.

Heres what happening:

All doors unlocked & I press the lock button on the key fob - All doors lock (good)

All doors unlocked & I press the door lock button on the drivers door panel - All doors lock but the passenger door unlocks itself immediately. (Bad)

All doors locked & sitting in the car with the keys out of the ignition - Put keys in ignition & only passenger door unlocks, all other doors remained locked. (Bad)

All doors locked & I press the unlock button once on the key fob - Both driver & passenger doors unlock when only the drivers door should unlock. (Bad)

Can anyone point be in the right direction on how this can be sorted out.

Thanks.

The only one I can relate to is when you lock the doors with the button on the driver door, and the passenger pops straight back up. Do you have the anti hijack on too? If so, do all doors lock when you set off? As my passenger one tries to lock and immediately unlocks again. I need to check the wires going in to the door again properly as per this thread

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/283328-fixed-my-central-locking/?fromsearch=1

Have a look at them wires is all I can suggest

My doors dont lock when I drive away - never did.

What irks me is that it was all in sync before fitting the new lock & I've obviously done something to make it go all screwy - buit I have no idea what!!

The new lock seems to be working fine - it locks & unlocks, but its obviously not doing it in the same manner as it did before.

I suspect the lock was locked when you put it in, and so it's the opposite way around to the rest of the central locking.

I did this when I replaced mine.

I had to remove it, unlock it, then put it back in.

• Like 1

But why does it open & lock in sync with all the other locks when I use the key fob?

Surely if it was fully out of sync it would be locking when I want it open & opening when I lock the other doors.

Please tell me I dont have to remove the bleedin ancillaries carrier again!!!!

• 2 months later...

I've had to replace my passenger side front door lock mechanism because the old one was sticking & not unlocking the door.

However, since replacing the door lock it seems that the passenger door is out of sync with the rest of the central locking system.

Heres what happening:

All doors unlocked & I press the lock button on the key fob - All doors lock (good)

All doors unlocked & I press the door lock button on the drivers door panel - All doors lock but the passenger door unlocks itself immediately. (Bad)

All doors locked & sitting in the car with the keys out of the ignition - Put keys in ignition & only passenger door unlocks, all other doors remained locked. (Bad)

All doors locked & I press the unlock button once on the key fob - Both driver & passenger doors unlock when only the drivers door should unlock. (Bad)

Can anyone point be in the right direction on how this can be sorted out.

Thanks.

Hi , i have the same problem with my skoda fabia , i had to replace passenger side front door lock mechanism to, did you manage to solve that problem, sorry for bad english.

• 4 months later...

I did this recently and had the same issue. I have full VCDS but that didn't help! Eventually I made sure all doors were unlocked (unlocked car with button then opened the faulty door from the inside with the handle) and disconnected the battery for a few minutes. That worked, hope it works for you!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

Thanks elnigel, I'll give that a it a go.

I've left it as it was since i originally posted, not really bothering me at the moment but it would be nice to get the locks all resynced back together. The only really bad thing that I dont like is the fact that the passenger side door unlocks itself if I press the lock button twice!

Nope, still no dice. Left the battery disconnected for over an hour & the passenger door is still not opening & locking as it should.

elnigel, just going over your instructions, you say you unlocked the car with the button? I assuming that you mean the key fob & you unlocked all the doors (double press). But you then go on to say you opened the faulty door from inside; did yours not unlock with the key fob as mine does or do you mean that you actually opened the door so that it wasnt shut?

Thanks.

this may sound stupid, is the replacement from the same year? The only reason I say this is because my dads passat lock decided it no longer wanted to open, anyways - cut a long story short - replaced the door lock/door panel (broke the wire on the window mechanism) and the door wouldn't open, couldn't even open the windows! had to change the motor/etc from the old one, and hey presto - all working - replacement from a 99 passat fitted to a 2004 - connectors where the same but no dice, even after taking battery off / plugging into computer to check for faults... swapped it around and away we go!

Edited by SkUG

Like I said, the lock works - it opens and locks fine. I know its not the actual lock mechanism as I've tried 3 other locks from different models & they all do the same.

With all doors unlocked & I press the lock button on the key fob - All doors lock

However, if I press the lock button on the key fob again the passenger door opens.

With all doors unlocked & I press the door lock button on the drivers door panel - All doors lock but the passenger door locks & then unlocks itself immediately & will not stay locked.

With all doors locked & I press the unlock button once on the key fob - Both driver & passenger doors unlocks when only the drivers door should unlock.

where the main connector goes in, have you tried putting the original one back in? (not the lock itself)

(excuse poor techincal terms, im actually asleep right now)

Edited by SkUG

• 4 months later...

Mine is doing exactly the same but its the drivers door lock that i replaced.  It locks fine, it opens fine.  But everything in between is anyones guess.  Double lock only open the lock.  I had them both in my hand and plugged them in one by one.  The original done everything right, the replacement opened, locked but no double lock.  And when i drive off my drivers door locks but immediately opens back up.  Really annoying.

It must be a sync issue that can be sorted through VAG com.

However, I've tried plugging in VCDS Lite & selected Central locking from the menu but it always times out. I also tried it out on a friends VCDS & it did the same thing. So I dont know whats going on there.

Another strange thing that's happened is that my boot remains locked unless I open a door. Even if a double click the key fob & all doors are unlocked the boot catch doesn't respond, if I open & shut a door, the boot opens fine.

Weird stuff!!

@Nathan,

When you are in the vehicle, when you press the door lock button on the door panel, do all the doors lock & stay locked? When I do this on mine all my doors lock but then my passenger one reopens.

Edited by Chris Berry

It seems that we are both in the same boat. Have you replaced you drivers lock with a genuine Skoda part? I tried 3 others on my passenger door - 2 x none OEM & 1 x Golf Door lock. All three versions did exactly the same.

If anyone has easy/regular access to VCDS, can they check to see if the central locking option works ok. I would think that our problem is a sync one & can be re-synced from that menu, but I cant access it & dont want to pay ££££ at a garage just to have it checked.

It seems that we are both in the same boat. Have you replaced you drivers lock with a genuine Skoda part? I tried 3 others on my passenger door - 2 x none OEM & 1 x Golf Door lock. All three versions did exactly the same.

If anyone has easy/regular access to VCDS, can they check to see if the central locking option works ok. I would think that our problem is a sync one & can be re-synced from that menu, but I cant access it & dont want to pay ££££ at a garage just to have it checked.

The part i bought wasn't genuine i don't think, i'll have a look on ebay now......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131139747603?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• 1 year later...

Sorry to drag this back up but was this ever fixed? I've just replaced my unit with the one in the eBay link and it's doing the same thing. One concern I have is the model number is slightly different.

They claim it's a replacement for the 3B1839015A however mine is  3B1839015AM. I'm now thinking the modules are different ever though it's physically the same on the outside.

Yeah I got my locks sorted by getting replacement ones with exactly the same part number. It seems that even if the model number is different in anyway then the lock doesn't sync correctly. Also I found that the cheap eBay replica ones also have sync issues even if the part numbers match.

My advice would be don't buy a cheap replica one, try buy new, make sure part numbers match and if you buy second hand make sure the seller accepts returns as a second hand lock can never be guaranteed to work correctly.