Clutch Clunk Video

dyljam

Never heard anything like that from my near year old Elegance.  Mine is just like any other clutch I have ever used, completely silent, or like yours up to the point of the click.

Yep! Mine does that. I usually drive the Yeti but took the Citigo on Saturday. Not right at all.

I will book it in when I get a chance - disappointing! 

Isn't that the clicking clutch pedal that other drivers have reported ? Sounds internal (in the car) rather than under the bonnet (clutch/gearbox)

Here for e.g. http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/click-from-clutch-pedal_topic3841.html

and here....... http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/286155-erics-developed-a-clunk/

Edited by Feebet

Yeah, I could feel it on my foot too. Took it in, booked in Friday to have it looked at and replaced. One of the technicians had the same problem, fixed it and been fine since. As long as it's fixed I'm happy.

Probably best described as Clutch Pedal Click/Clunk rather than the actual clutch.

Some of the really early mk4 golfs did that and these have a wry similar setup, it was a little clip that would come loose on the clutch pedal return spring so it would jump and make a clunk sound at the end of its travel.

Sounds link the same thing. Report to your dealer, I haven't heard anything this week so I will be chasing them at the weekend. It is very intermittent and seems to happen after driving in traffic when the clutch is pressed frequently.

My Citigo has exactly the same clutch clicking sound as heard in the video. It started at about 500 km. Some people suggest taking it to the dealer, and that is what I have done. But to no avail. First they replaced the clutch pedal. The click disappeared for all but 24 hours. When I returned to the dealer, I was told that it was a common problem with all of these cars (Citigo, Up, Mii), and that they did not have a solution to it. Instead they send all replaced clutches back to Skoda for them to develop on it. They also report all cars with this problem to Skoda and wait for instructions on how to fix it. Until this happens - if it happens - I am told that nothing can be done as replacing these faulty clutch pedals does not solve it. I was also told that Skoda might never do anything about it as it could be "just the way the product is." Funny that, since the clutch worked fine when I test drove the car and decided to buy it. Two things are troubling about this, first, I have bought a new car with a construction fault that at least at the moment cannot be fixed and that Skoda might not recognise, two, dealers are continuing to sell these cars well aware of a very irritating problem with them, not informing buyers of it.

Edited by pcpetersen

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has a slight click when the peddle is just about return to the rest position after being depressed, nothing significant really. Like something in the mechanism where the peddle is attached to the car under the dash, it's only noticeable when bringing the peddle up slowly and I can't hear it when changing gears normally and the click isn't affecting the clutch/gearbox operation and until it does I doubt VAG will do too much about it apart from log any complaints.