mk2 Front Lip Splitter

ian89

• 3 months later...

Got one of these on my MK2 Vrs ( pre-fl) , well happy with it. Not fiddily like the cupra one. Sometimes you can find it a bit cheaper on Ebay and on some other sites.

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-II/Octavia-II-RS-04-08-front-bumper-DTM-spoiler

Edited by Im gouki

Thanks , the grills are Milotec as are the inserts. The lower grill and inserts come as kit. The only reason i changed the lower grill is that i did not like the way the orginal lower front end had a combination of vertical vanes and then horizontal vanes on the ends. Looked around to see if anyone did vertical ends to match the rest of the lower grill and the main bonnet grill , but no one does them. In all honesty would have just debaged the original grill and have a complete vertical vane lower grill. to me that would make a nice oem+ mod. As the car is black it's harder to get details like that to work. I have seen silver and blue colour cars with the all black standard grills ( debadged) which standout more and works better imo than on a black car. :think:

Do you have a link to the tint used on your headlights, or are they smoked headlights?

i have this stuff on my S2 coupe very good stuff

http://www.lamin-x.co.uk/

subtle tint or gunsmoke  use hair dryer makes it easier to apply  have to get  a sheet big enough then  use very sharp blade to trim

my mates S2 avant

post-111127-0-99431600-1388605001_thumb.jpg

This is a very nice looking splitter. Can't for the life of me remember who's car this is or what the splitter is called but I think when I'm in the position to order a splitter this will be the route for me.

A4BE5101-1158-4D39-BC79-43E2F777EC26_zps

1E1574A2-0D8F-40B7-823B-F5F7A4E4F6CD_zps

Do you have a link to the tint used on your headlights, or are they smoked headlights?

i have this stuff on my S2 coupe very good stuff

http://www.lamin-x.co.uk/

subtle tint or gunsmoke use hair dryer makes it easier to apply have to get a sheet big enough then use very sharp blade to trim

my mates S2 avant

It's a shame it's illegal and shouldn't pass the Mot inspection.

I have fly eye on mine at the moment which is legal but it blocks light a bit and looks strange close up.

The cupra one is good but needs a bit of fiddling and a heat gun! But for £25 ish its worth it :)

kit:)

Has anyone fitted this to the facelift mk2? tempted for the low outlay involved but i certainly won't be spending £169 on a bit of plastic  :finger: 

They are black reflectors not smoked , although i have had a few problems of late with condensation , but curiously only on the passenger side.  Have not had the time to really look into it. But it has happened recently , they have been on a while since 2012. Got them on Ebay , but seller is not there anymore ...sorry , but they are so many similar available .....!

Has anyone fitted this to the facelift mk2? tempted for the low outlay involved but i certainly won't be spending £169 on a bit of plastic :finger:

I have one fitted but it is a bit of a faff to fit! You need to secure the front then heat the bits where it needs to bend to fit under the lip (the underside of the front bumper isn't flat) but as I said above its only cheap :) I'll try and find a pic of mine when i get a chance :)

• Like 1

This is a very nice looking splitter. Can't for the life of me remember who's car this is or what the splitter is called but I think when I'm in the position to order a splitter this will be the route for me.

A4BE5101-1158-4D39-BC79-43E2F777EC26_zps

1E1574A2-0D8F-40B7-823B-F5F7A4E4F6CD_zps

that's not an actual splitter - its a special rubber foam that's glued to the shape of under-carriage.  its known as EZ Lip.

looks nice.

also works with side-skirts.

• Like 1

I do quite like those EZ Lips. I did look at them a while ago and I think they are just a garage door draught excluder strip repackaged and sold at a premium. Ever the bargain hunter I almost bought some cheap off ebay but resisted. Might have another search....