heated mirrors not working?

My superb was recently vandalised to within an inch of its life. New roof, bonnet and 2 new complete mirrors later its bk and looks lovely. The mirrors fold in and out fine and they adjust electrically but they didnt demist with the rear windscreen this morning. Im 99 percent that they shud demist at same time as the rear screen. Any ideas? Fuse, connectors? Reset them sumhow? Many thanks

New roof, bonnet and 2 new complete mirrors later its bk and looks lovely. 

A new roof skin, and it looks lovely...........  that's a job that separates the bodyshop men from the boys! In the light of various accident damage threads in recent days, with posters concerned about panel replacement, and cars 'not being the same again', Jamie's post should remind us that no matter what the repair, we should expect PERFECT, anything less, reject it until the workshop has done the job properly.

NB: I rejected repairs on our kids' runabout Punto twice, before they had it sorted to my satisfaction. I was told I was being too fussy, noticing things that other customers wouldn't see - well, sorry if I happen to have an eye for detail......

• Like 1

cant recomend repairer enough. Ashford accident. Whole new roof all new roof struts new head airbags new lining and soundproofing. Bonnet and roof painted better than factory and huge amount of other panels sprayed also in order to blend in perfectly. Bonnet came with new chrome and badge also. 4.5k job

• 10 months later...

Bumping this thread for a query.

Is there a setting in VCDS that enables the user to set a temperature for the heated mirrors?

I had actually read something in this regard on the internet but have forgotten the source.

The thing is the heated ORVM's used to work perfectly fine in my Octavia II but I have never seen them in  action in my Superb II .

Both car's are equipped with the heated mirror functionality , and I have also never left the ORVM's in the heater mode and forgotten about it , so that even rules out the heater conking off.

Any pointers for the same?

Thanks.

Adjusting the time the rear screen stays on via VCDS makes sense, but not the mirrors.

The mirrors are independent to the rea screen and are on a seperate on/off switch.

Adjusting the time the rear screen stays on via VCDS makes sense, but not the mirrors.

The mirrors are independent to the rea screen and are on a seperate on/off switch.

Yeh but it is indeed the same setting in VCDS.  It's an emission control thing, they turn off to save power which = better emissions.  I turned mine up to 20 mins from the default of 10.  That's usually long enough to get rid of any rain on the mirrors.

Recently drove a new Octavia (loan car while my Superb was being serviced), VAG has finally implemented mirror auto-fold on lock after we've spent almost 10 years whinging about it :)

You wouldn't believe the number of people who turn up here with their mirrors on the heating-position in the middle of summer. When asked about it, they all go "oh I didn't know". So basically their car starts heating the mirrors every time they start the car, for at least 10 minutes. No matter the weather...

You wouldn't believe the number of people who turn up here with their mirrors on the heating-position in the middle of summer. When asked about it, they all go "oh I didn't know". So basically their car starts heating the mirrors every time they start the car, for at least 10 minutes. No matter the weather...

I can understand why, as they don't have a warning light that shows if they're in the on position.  I've left mine on a couple of times without realising and have worried that the mirror heater may burn itself out, but so far they're OK.

I can understand why, as they don't have a warning light that shows if they're in the on position.  I've left mine on a couple of times without realising and have worried that the mirror heater may burn itself out, but so far they're OK.

Both my old Exeo and my Ibiza come on with the heated rear screen .. 

Yeh but it is indeed the same setting in VCDS.  It's an emission control thing, they turn off to save power which = better emissions.  I turned mine up to 20 mins from the default of 10.  That's usually long enough to get rid of any rain on the mirrors.

Recently drove a new Octavia (loan car while my Superb was being serviced), VAG has finally implemented mirror auto-fold on lock after we've spent almost 10 years whinging about it :)

Oh right, so even if the heated mirrors are left turned on they do still automatically turn off after a set period of time? At least until the engine ignition is turned off and back on again.

I didn't realise this. There have been some hot debates over in the MkII OCtavia forum, some guys adament they stayed on for as long as the switch was on!

Oh right, so even if the heated mirrors are left turned on they do still automatically turn off after a set period of time? At least until the engine ignition is turned off and back on again.

Yes indeed, they turn off.  To get them back on again, rotate the switch away from the 'heat' position and back to heat again.  Or turn the car on and off :)

• Like 1