Grille surround wrapped today

Stormchaser

Having said that I'm now thinking of going to play with the other grille. I'm wondering what black mesh would look like. Might cut all the vertical slats out and see :)

Then maybe spray the surround instead with plasti dip.

Hmm thinking...

It will be sometime before Milotec do anything.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my chrome surround grille today. A right bitch to get the old one off, order sticking plasters prior to commencing. 

I think the chrome one is preferable on the white car.

Before and after photos.P1050022.jpgWP_20131103_002a.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well I attempted to remove my grille yesterday but gave up after fear of cracking the bumper whilst bending the grille forward enough. Any tips? I didn't get one clip out! and the ones that are either side near to headlights wouldn't budge.

Edited by VRSD30

Don't worry about bending the bumper it won't break it's very flexible. I cut off the 2 clips by the headlights. That made it very easy then. You really have to use brute force to get those bottom clips free. I kept my knees pushed on the bottom of the grille as each one detached. You have to bend the grille about for it to unclip easy.

Sent from my PID using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Your arms take a beating as you try and pull the grille away and stick your arm down to push on the clips to release them whilst pushing in the grille with your knee. Great fun :)

Sent from my PID using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Thanks for this guide Stormchaser  :thumbup:  Might be worth adding to the first post about cutting off those clips at each headlight.

To reduce risk of damaging the bumper I decided to cut my grille off and buy a new one.

Before

43_zpsd7e27096.jpg

After

44_zpsc48bbb16.jpg

45_zps5044a18b.jpg

:happy:

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

I have to say I have no idea how youve done this!

Ordered my grill, flown in from Prague from SuperSkoda but Ill be damned if I can get it fitted. Me and my Dad had a go yesterday but didnt manage one clip so I guess Ill have to put it on ebay, although its hardly worth it !

Both of us are fairly handy, done lots of car bits before but this felt all wrong and couldnt figure out the clips nearest the lights at all.

I guess I could get a whole new grill? 29 quid on ebay - is that easier? I dont mind destroying the old one

If you think it'll be easier then yes, I'd give you a hand, but Stormy did the work when it came to replacing mine, I also may be selling my Monte Carlo one some point soon