Garrett GT1749vc based hybrid turbo for PD130 ASZ 1.9TDI

XMANTURBOS

I'm really glad to hear that, are you going to put it on RR as well? It would be nice if finally someone could post one here

I am yes along with the Polo on the same RR so a good comparison to be had between the 2 cars

Polo GT TDi = GTB1756vk (2.5" Stainless exhaust, front mount, 2.5" pipework, EGR delete, oil breather, Helix clutch, Faboka mapped) should be seeing 230bhp+

Fabia VRS = GT1749vc (standard exhaust with de-cat, EGR delete, oil breather, TX autosport front mount, oem clutch, to be Faboka Mapped) hopefully 190bhp+

advise on the best turbo to get for a pd130? ive been told pd150 hybrid but is there anything bigger??

Sam

best for what exactly? you need to specify what is your priority and power goal

well this hybrid (based on PD170 internals) benefits from GTB style wheels and thicker shaft so you can safely run higher boost pressure comparing it to the PD150 one plus it can produce up to 10-15bhp more

best for what exactly? you need to specify what is your priority and power goal

well this hybrid (based on PD170 internals) benefits from GTB style wheels and thicker shaft so you can safely run higher boost pressure comparing it to the PD150 one plus it can produce up to 10-15bhp more

so this is a bigger turbo than the pd150? and my mate was running around 220 bhp with his pd150 hybrid and i was looking for 250 ish, will that still be safe with this turbo along with supporting mods of course.

Sam

so this is a bigger turbo than the pd150? and my mate was running around 220 bhp with his pd150 hybrid and i was looking for 250 ish, will that still be safe with this turbo along with supporting mods of course.

Sam

220bhp with PD150 hybrid is nowhere near safe, what was the boost pressure? 220bhp would be the limit for the PD170 hybrid for 250BHP I would definitely go for GTB2056vk or GTB2260vk

220bhp with PD150 hybrid is nowhere near safe, what was the boost pressure? 220bhp would be the limit for the PD170 hybrid for 250BHP I would definitely go for GTB2056vk or GTB2260vk

dont you need a different manifold for the GTB's? will the 170 hybrid go straight on?  im not sure what boost he was running tbh.

Sam

dont you need a different manifold for the GTB's? will the 170 hybrid go straight on?  im not sure what boost he was running tbh.

Sam

yes the hybrid is based on stock housing so fits plug and play

here is my topic with some pics of GTBs welded onto manifold to fit Fabia:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/282702-gtb2260vk-with-vacuum-conversion-and-flange-fully-rebuild-and-balaced-for-1920tdi/page-5

Edited by xman750

yes the hybrid is based on stock housing so fits plug and play

here is my topic with some pics of GTBs welded onto manifold to fit Fabia:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/282702-gtb2260vk-with-vacuum-conversion-and-flange-fully-rebuild-and-balaced-for-1920tdi/page-5

Thanks mate, will be in contact

Sam

running a 150 hybrid@220bhp will be pushing past 2.0bar and they aren't meant to run that much boost

if you want 250bhp you will need injectors, 2.5" exhaust system, pipework, clutch and the correct turbo setup

This turbo is for up to 200bhp (engine dependant & mods) it a bolt off/bolt back on fitment takes about 2-3hrs doing it yourself 

if you want to go past the 230bhp you will really need injectors on whatever model of turbo you go for, i personally wouldn't fit the bigger GTB2260VK unless you do injectors as it is just a compromise and same power and better drivability can be had with the GTB1756VK on stock injectors 

For me the GTB1756vk turbo setup is the best all rounder, good spool up, awesome midrange power, ease of fitment but you do need an uprated clutch kit fitted & decent front mount setup

it all depends on what you want? the bigger the turbo setup you loose the low rev's drivability but gain the mid-top end power

• Like 1

running a 150 hybrid@220bhp will be pushing past 2.0bar and they aren't meant to run that much boost

if you want 250bhp you will need injectors, 2.5" exhaust system, pipework, clutch and the correct turbo setup

This turbo is for up to 200bhp (engine dependant & mods) it a bolt off/bolt back on fitment takes about 2-3hrs doing it yourself 

if you want to go past the 230bhp you will really need injectors on whatever model of turbo you go for, i personally wouldn't fit the bigger GTB2260VK unless you do injectors as it is just a compromise and same power and better drivability can be had with the GTB1756VK on stock injectors 

For me the GTB1756vk turbo setup is the best all rounder, good spool up, awesome midrange power, ease of fitment but you do need an uprated clutch kit fitted & decent front mount setup

it all depends on what you want? the bigger the turbo setup you loose the low rev's drivability but gain the mid-top end power

dont understand all the turbo codes :( haha im lost! whats the gtb1756vk? pd170 hybrid? i thought it was only darkside that done them gtb turbo?? so confused. want around 230 bhp

dont understand all the turbo codes :( haha im lost! whats the gtb1756vk? pd170 hybrid? i thought it was only darkside that done them gtb turbo?? so confused. want around 230 bhp

GTB1756vk was originally fitted in Audi/VW 2.7TDI 180bhp, to work with 1.9TDI it has to be converted from electronic actuator to vacuum actuator plus you need a manifold pipes etc. more about fitting you will find in this topic:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/282702-gtb2260vk-with-vacuum-conversion-and-flange-fully-rebuild-and-balaced-for-1920tdi/page-6#entry3619480

230bhp is pretty much max the GTB1756vk can handle but you should get something between 220 and 230bhp with proper tune or you can go for GTB2056VK which was originally installed in 3.0TDI CATA 221BHP (VW Touareg etc...)

PD170 hybrid at least the one I'm offering here is stock PD130/PD150 shell (they are identical) and PD170 (GT1749VC) shaft wheels and bearings good for 200-220bhp 1.76bar max boost

cheers

Just to let possible buyers know. Just bought a turbo off xman750 and his service is impeccable.

parcel force cocked up the 24 hour delivery and xman gave me a partial refund. Now that's customer service.

Will let people know what the turbo is like once its fitted.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe my turbo has just gone bang, where abouts are you if I was to come and collect one, cheers ross

Motherwell ML1 4DP

BTW please find out what was the reason for your turbo to fail in first place before fitting a new one I've just had a customer who blew 3 turbos in row (one his and 2 supplied by myself) and he still insist that there is everything ok with his car...

Do you sell the 1756?

yes I do it's £500 + delivery + paypal fee for one welded onto manifold to fit Fabia, in this topic:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/282702-gtb2260vk-with-vacuum-conversion-and-flange-fully-rebuild-and-balaced-for-1920tdi/page-5 you can find some pics and feedback from those who have already fitted them.

Braided oil feed line, oil return hose (to extend the original oil return) and dp flange are also available.

cheers

How much for both the oil feed and return lines mate, will be removing my turbo to see what the problem is in the next day or two

braided oil feed £40, 8" long oil and heat resistant hose + 2 clamps to extend your existing oil feed £15

• Like 1