The New Grey

My Dealer today advised me that the new grey metallic (imaginatively described as 'Metallic'), code F6F6, is scheduled to be available for order late December/early January for a first build week of 5 in 2014.  However, he didn't yet have a colour chart to compare with the late-lamented Platinum (aka Steel) Grey (whose demise caused me to cancel my order a few weeks ago).  I came across a Dutch (I think) page with a picture of F6F6, but web colours from a user photograph without a correct White Balance can't be relied upon.  It did, however, look better than the putty undercoated Meteor Grey . . .

(when I write Dealer, I mean Skoda Dealer.  Obviously)

My Dealer today advised me that the new grey metallic (imaginatively described as 'Metallic'), code F6F6, is scheduled to be available for order late December/early January for a first build week of 5 in 2014. However, he didn't yet have a colour chart to compare with the late-lamented Platinum (aka Steel) Grey (whose demise caused me to cancel my order a few weeks ago). I came across a Dutch (I think) page with a picture of F6F6, but web colours from a user photograph without a correct White Balance can't be relied upon. It did, however, look better than the putty undercoated Meteor Grey . . .

(when I write Dealer, I mean Skoda Dealer. Obviously)

Btw...Platinum Grey and Steel grey are two separate colours..not the same and renamed

I understood that Steel Grey (in original Octavia brochure) and Platinum Grey were the same - code = 2G2G - but the Platinum Grey descriptor was used on mainland Europe.  It's been discussed on other threads and is largely academic since 2G2G is now out of production (after BW 37 or 38, I think).  I'm thinking about Candy White now anyway.  Quite a bit brighter than the white of my Austin 1300 of 40 years ago.