How long to wait before hassling the dealer for delivery info?

Neo_VR

I placed the for a sport last week, and chose one based on the fact the dealer had already ordered it and it should be arriving mid December rather than Jan/Feb for a factory order.

How long should I leave it before I start asking about build/delivery details?

The killer is that I won't be re-taxing the Octy after November, now I can cope for a couple of weeks without a car but if delivery slips to after xmas then ill be in trouble as the family are all at the other end of the country.

My dealer did not have any information to give until 2 months into my Citigo's 3 month delivery timeline.  That was when the factory set the build-week of my car. 2 weeks after that they actually manufactured the car. Then there followed a week of construction, and a week of shipment.

So basically everything happened the last two weeks before i picked up the car.

I would keep on pestering the dealer for details. I made the mistake of trusting mine and basically they took

The mick. Your the customer and don't be to cautious about info that you need .

Keep pushing for it and they will respect you more.

Hope that helps

I found email good for asking simple questions like that effective, rather than playing phone tag

just need to get your sales persons email address

did they give you a business card when you ordered? if so email should be on there

Edited by bluecar1

I do not see the point in constantly asking the dealer for delivery details.You will not get the car any quicker.

Of course i understand you are all excited about your new car and want it yesterday,but the dealer will want to deliver it to you as soon as he can so he can get paid for the car. Thats all he is interested in,money money money,so when the car is ready it will be ready.

I do not see the point in constantly asking the dealer for delivery details.You will not get the car any quicker.

Of course i understand you are all excited about your new car and want it yesterday,but the dealer will want to deliver it to you as soon as he can so he can get paid for the car. Thats all he is interested in,money money money,so when the car is ready it will be ready.

Correct. i would normally agree.  however look at all the reports of people's delivery dates slipping etc.. would you be happy being told it *should* arrive in December then have no further contact?

Im not asking for daily updates, i just want to be told promptly if the delivery is delayed. In my case i was dealing with the prospect of not having a car over xmas if it was delayed so i was after more concrete info.

If you have given a car dealer your hard earned cash the least he can do is keep you up to date on a regular basis on the build progress of your order,no it does not make the car arrive any quicker,but to myself its not just good customer service its also makes you feel like like your custom is appreciated and not taken for granted.

• Like 1

My dealer phones me every 7 - 10 days just to keep me updated.

Small detail but much appreciated by me.

It is amazing that you can order a new car and no one takes a couple of minutes to keep you informed.

Big tick so far to Faintree Skoda at Telford.

• Like 1

I have to admit, my experience so far has been very good.. even having a the salesman call me about 19.15 after the place as shut as a courtesy just to return the call, even though he couldnt get any concrete info until the next day.

The following day he sent me an email confirming build/est delivery date for the car, a nice PDF outlining the process involved in a car from initial order to collection and also answering a few questions i had about getting a spare wheel etc.

Its the little things that make a big impact!

• Like 1

I placed the for a sport last week, and chose one based on the fact the dealer had already ordered it and it should be arriving mid December rather than Jan/Feb for a factory order.

How long should I leave it before I start asking about build/delivery details?

The killer is that I won't be re-taxing the Octy after November, now I can cope for a couple of weeks without a car but if delivery slips to after xmas then ill be in trouble as the family are all at the other end of the country.

Hi,

We ordered two citigos

Black Citigo Elegance 60PS

Order date - 11th Sept 13

Unconfirmed build date - 18th Nov 13

Expected delivery - 18th Dec 13

Red Citigo Sport

Order date - 27th Sep 13

Build date - not yet

Expected Delivery - Jan/Feb

I highly doubt that you will get you car before christmas.

All the best

S