Water in lowest boot floor

Argh. Ventured into my lowest boot floor yesterday - a place I hardly ever go to. And what did I find? Three to four inches of water with a third of the jack and compressor submerged and the tow hook and wheel spanner totally submerged.

Hmmmm. Ideas? Sunroof? I checked the teets above the hatch door and they were open with no water coming out bar a few drops.

post-55900-0-26740400-1381688997_thumb.jpg

That's funny, because when I changed my boot floor to fit the spare wheel kit, mine was similar (not as deep). I checked the whole area and could find no water marks anywhere, so wonder whether it has come in from the bottom when I've been paddling?

Well Škoda will have this as their last job before the warranty runs out.

And Graham my car had not been wading in water for nearly two years and even then it was just long puddles.

I thought they had stopped this as a free extra!.i once had this on a 1966 ford cortina.......over 40 years ago,never did buy another ford and the has really put me off as I was considering a new fl yeti

I thought they had stopped this as a free extra!.i once had this on a 1966 ford cortina.......over 40 years ago,never did buy another ford and the has really put me off as I was considering a new fl yeti

one Yeti has water in the boot floor and it puts you off buying a Yeti, doesn't take much to put you off.

Unfortunate that 9000000000000 has water in the boot but I am sure this is one of very few Yeti's with this issue  :bandit:

Sad555

I haven't got my Yeti yet, excitedly awaiting arrival. Had I not placed my order before reading about these incidents, I certainly wouldn't have changed my mind about buying a Yeti.

I have been having numerous problems with my owned from new Ford Focus estate, I wouldn't however condemn all Ford Focus cars. Problems can obviously occur with all cars - nothing is perfect!

Since joining this forum I have in the main, remained very impressed with the Yeti and can't wait for mine to arrive! I am thinking I will probably go for the extended warranty, which I really think is probably a sensible decision with any new car! Don't let your decision rest on a couple of problems other people have experienced - if you like it- have one!

Well you tell me one car that is currently on the market that hasn't had a fault, or any fault, reported by an owner at some time, both major or nit-picking?

You won't find one!!

The fact that just 2 of us seem to have a slight problem out of a possible 6000+ Yeti's sold in the UK is not really that worrying, is it?

Looks like it's been in there a while whatever the cause; just a thought and maybe a longshot but as I remember you had issues with the fuel filler and had to have that side stripped out, connected I :wonder:

Anyway hope you get it resolved without a lot of fuss.

TP

• Like 1

Tim

I'd agree about the length of time; mine looked quite stale.

And no condensation at all George.

The box mounts into a flange, and the rim is a couple of mm high, so I cannot see how water could flow over the floor and then into it. There is also a gap all around it. As said I checked the floor area around it very carefully, and could see no trace of any water at all, and my floor was quite dusty.

I haven't worked out what is below this box; (Tim have you got an exploded view?) If it is straight to the outside I wonder whether the seal around the rim might be weeping a little, especially as there appears to be spare "holes" around the rim. If it is "external" it is in the right place to be "blasted" by the rear wheel.

Mine now has had the filler taken out and the only thing in there is my tow bar (ball downwards!)

I have also not had any problems with condensation. My Audi also had water in the boot but that always went hand in hand with condensation...

Thats a weird one Johann (sorry to see this btw!)

If its contained in that box then its come from above.. (obvious, I know...) so naturally id think sunroof or wash wipe pipe. If it was wash wipe fluid related it'd smell of wash wipe fluid, right? And why would the sunroof leak into the boot? In fact how could it leak directly into that box and leave the surrounding boot area and the boot floor carpet dry? (if im reading the post right?) Weird one and very intrigued as to the cause.

Does anyone have an ETKA diagram or similar of where the sunroof internal gutters lead off to through the cars body?

Odd it's leaked into the polystyrene thing, as you think a leak from a wash pipe or sunroof gutter would go along the side of the car, along the floor and go under that jack tray.

Fingers crossed it's something simple like a leaky bottle from your camping trip.

Most all the water was INSIDE the polystyrene box though some outside it too - I had to scoop this out with a cup.  Carpets and next level totally dry...  Peculiar.  And honestly about 3 to 4" so a good fair few litres of water!

It did not smell of washer fluid - it was just plain old water.  I also don't travel with water back there, since camp sites have taps Richard!   :giggle:   And my empty water container travels under the driver's seat when I pack the car - so if it does leak a few drops it is on to the rubber floor mat.

Ditto, most of mine was inside the plastic moulding, but there was some in the bottom of the box; overspill perhaps?

And like Johann, nothing else in the area is wet or marked!

(and I don't have the velux windows)

It did not smell of washer fluid - it was just plain old water.  I also don't travel with water back there, since camp sites have taps Richard!   :giggle:   And my empty water container travels under the driver's seat when I pack the car - so if it does leak a few drops it is on to the rubber floor mat.

Sorry, last time I went "camping" was in the Sahara. :sun:

Leaking boot vents? Common on the mk2 Octavia after the washer pipe.

That's exactly what had leaked in my Audi.  

But as both of us have said, there is NO trace of any water on the boot floor, and all the possible places mentioned, boot vents, rear washer pipes, sun roof pipes would have left a trace.