Water in lowest boot floor

I had the same problem with my Yeti. It is an early Yeti with sunroof and the drainage went to two rubber seals close to the hinges of the rear hatch. This led to problems for some owners. This has been changed since the early Yetis and now the drainage is led down to the rear wheels. My Yeti was updated after my very big problems. One day when I opened the rear hatch water war dripping from the safety belt in the roof!

I had the same problem with my Yeti. It is an early Yeti with sunroof and the drainage went to two rubber seals close to the hinges of the rear hatch. This led to problems for some owners. This has been changed since the early Yetis and now the drainage is led down to the rear wheels. My Yeti was updated after my very big problems. One day when I opened the rear hatch water war dripping from the safety belt in the roof!

But wouldnt that leave water marks in other places and leave the roof area and carpet in the boot area above the water logged box, wet?

But wouldnt that leave water marks in other places and leave the roof area and carpet in the boot area above the water logged box, wet?

Yes, you're right. I did not just get water in the box... but most of it ended up there. The carpet was wet also and at first I thought it was from my dog as it all happened in very rainy weather (duh!). Anyways Skoda fixed it and replacet the tools and the 12V pump as it was all drenched.

I didn't want too upset anybody and I may still get a fl yeti but after owning four Hondas ,Subaru ,Toyota and a Kia (Korean) in the last 20 years and the only the 1 problem in all that time (flty rear suspension damper on the Subaru) so when I spend my hard earned on a car I don't expect ANY problems and that has been the case to date,so far in the last 10 months of skoda ownership the sat nav antenna had to be replaced (known problem) after 2weeks but I would not let this stop me having another skoda and with any other minor prob but with a boot filling with water ( this might be the only case we are aware of ) it is still a fact a problem exists thanks to the kind members on this site and is something I will bear in my mind,my money my choice,and 20 years of trouble free motoring'

Tim,

As I've said previously, the boot floor on mine was quite dusty and there were NO water marks anywhere on it, as there would be with your list, so it can only have come in around the seal.

The "battery" box sits in a slight "hollow" which is below the boot floor level, and the polystyrene filler is then below that level.

When I get a chance I'll try dusting the area immediately around the box with some talc and see if that shows anything, but there is certainly nothing on the boot floor in mine.

The garage I bought mine from (few weeks ago) had 2 yetis like this.

The polystrene tool box was 1/2 full of water but the rest of the boot was pretty much dry and did not show signs of water ingress. I think s was something to do with the fixing behine the light cluster and the fact the cars had been up on ramps (nose up). I was a little nervous but they'd figured it out and they resealed it, bought it and I'm keeping an eye on it and it's been fine.

has is been parked on a slope or something?

The garage I bought mine from (few weeks ago) had 2 yetis like this.

The polystrene tool box was 1/2 full of water but the rest of the boot was pretty much dry and did not show signs of water ingress. I think s was something to do with the fixing behine the light cluster and the fact the cars had been up on ramps (nose up). I was a little nervous but they'd figured it out and they resealed it, bought it and I'm keeping an eye on it and it's been fine.

has is been parked on a slope or something?

Nope car always sleeps on the level.

Can you tell me the name of the dealer please?  So I can tell my dealer to phone them if need be.  Thanks.  PM me if you prefer.

Quote(one Yeti has water in the boot floor and it puts you off buying a Yeti, doesn't take much to put you off).........I think the count is now at least 4 and rising ""......now this might put me off

Quote(one Yeti has water in the boot floor and it puts you off buying a Yeti, doesn't take much to put you off).........I think the count is now at least 4 and rising ""......now this might put me off

Wow, so 4 in over 6,000 sold in the UK!

That's less 0.04% with a very minor problem.

Now go and find me ANY car sold in the UK with NO problems ever recorded against it.

Sorry, but I just don't believe your logic!!

• Like 1

I think it's 4 cases too many found not by the 6000 owners but by the members of this site which would increase the percentage by quite a bit,if you are happy to pay £20,000 plus for a car that has a boot that fills with water that's your choice,not mine

I think it's 4 cases too many found not by the 6000 owners but by the members of this site which would increase the percentage by quite a bit,if you are happy to pay £20,000 plus for a car that has a boot that fills with water that's your choice,not mine

Oh FFS!!

The boot isn't "full of water"!!

Mine had about half an inch inside the poly moulding holding the bits, and a bit in the bottom.

Since you are so intent on finding fault, please list me any car currently sold in the UK for around the £20,000 bracket that has NO faults recorded against it?

I think some members are taking my posts the wrong way,just because I don't expect ANY problems I am fully aware there can be some and as I said in over 20 years of Japanese and Korean cars only the ONE problem,and I kept that car for 5 years,not any other problems so that is my experience.......and yes I was interested in a yeti after owning the octavia which so far has been ok and good value for money I'm just being realistic and relaying MY facts if you don't like them that's your choice,the point of this forum is for useful information which we can all share and use to help each other,just because I own a brand of car I am not going to defend it to the hilt if I am getting problems,just honest and realistic from my ownership..............thanks