Water in lowest boot floor

Llanigraham I've shared with you and the forum the Only two problems I've had in over the last 20years of motoring,with seven cars that I've owned,please share you problems with me".................and the forum

I'd be really interested to learn the source of J's boot water.?

Checked mine - dry as a bone. No sunroof. No rear trim disturbed other than for tow bar fitting (factory prep).

There's a load of 'off topic' frothing on this thread  that contributes 0% of bu99er all, and whilst wanting to do nothing to compromise free speech and open debate, it's not helping!

My 2p

Guys it is just Offnote.  Just report him and do not get wound up please.

Actually, even though the comments certainly have a similar theme I doubt it is him - writing style is too different.

On the other hand, a certain new member with a name reminiscent of a medieval-themed novel by Sir Walter Scott is already sounding more and more like him.

Sad indeed...

• Like 3

Actually, even though the comments certainly have a similar theme I doubt it is him - writing style is too different.

On the other hand, a certain new member with a name reminiscent of a medieval-themed novel by Sir Walter Scott is already sounding more and more like him.

Sad indeed...

Yep you were right, Ivenhoe was Offnote, now banned again, see 100,000 miles post

offnote indeed, he crashed my post.

However, he must be a lonely sad individual to want to persist in these derogatory forum posts against Yeti's, maybe his dog was run over by a Yeti?

@Admin, I believe you can ban his IP or MAC address in the settings for the forum can you not??

I wouldn't bet that he(or she for what I know) is only pestering this forum alone... Usually this kind of behavior needs a certain amount of attention to be fulfilled in its own way. But then again one can never know for sure.

IIRC he has already been "outed" as having been banned from a forum devoted to discussing the pros and cons of digital and acoustic pianos, for similar annoying behaviour.

UPDATE: Yup, it was here

Edited by ejstubbs

Meanwhile, back on topic ......

Just checked mine - all clean and dry.

I do like the 'battery box' idea - if we ever stop using the caravan and go back to the tent (honestly, it's just not going to happen) it would be a useful facility

• 4 weeks later...

Well the car was with Preston Motors Škoda for three days. Turns out there was a bulletin on my car to replace the sunroof's rear drain pipes... Hmmm. Thanks for letting me know of this Škoda UK. Anyway they've been replaced (and the parts to this was the delay). I'm not convinced in the least since a few of you WITHOUT sunroofs had the same issue. We shall see. I have different style teets now out back.

post-55900-0-61904100-1383989947_thumb.jpg

On a side note: I'm very happy they worked late on my car yesterday and only finished at 17:00 (though I worked late and could not get it until this morning). So my car was in the workshop overnight. Why is this good? Some yobs broke into Preston's yard and slashed at least two tyres or in some cases FOUR on each and every car out there! Why oh why do people do such things?! Some people are so deranged. But as I said to the service guy they could have keyed every panel on every car which is not as easy or quick to fix as tyres. So a tiny bit of solice for them.

Fingers crossed we've got this fixed, or I'm going in to hiding  :bandit:

As for the little gob$hites that done the tyres, we're over 30 at the last count  :swear:

It really does get my goat when this happens, fortunately not a common occurrence but it's not as if the site is left open, they've kicked through the fence at the back to get in  :wall:

As said though, they could have gone to town with a key or brake fluid.

And..... relax

• Like 1

Was thinking about this thread yesterday night, after I jet washed the car on the way into work. Noticed after that I seem to have a small leak inside the rear hatch window, from the top of it. Noticed a "trace" on the inside of the window when there were some lights behind me.

I shall mention it when the car is next at the dealers, but being out of warranty I suspect it is going to be a tube of Captain Tolleys!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002UPK51C/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002EP4ROY&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0GV513NDSANARAN4HRBJ

Well the car was with Preston Motors Škoda for three days. Turns out there was a bulletin on my car to replace the sunroof's rear drain pipes... Hmmm. Thanks for letting me know of this Škoda UK. Anyway they've been replaced (and the parts to this was the delay). I'm not convinced in the least since a few of you WITHOUT sunroofs had the same issue. We shall see. I have different style teets now out back.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

On a side note: I'm very happy they worked late on my car yesterday and only finished at 17:00 (though I worked late and could not get it until this morning). So my car was in the workshop overnight. Why is this good? Some yobs broke into Preston's yard and slashed at least two tyres or in some cases FOUR on each and every car out there! Why oh why do people do such things?! Some people are so deranged. But as I said to the service guy they could have keyed every panel on every car which is not as easy or quick to fix as tyres. So a tiny bit of solice for them.

Johann/Lee ,Do you know when the bulletin was issued?

Just had a look on Desktop and it won't display the page. Maybe our service chap told Johann but as it stands I can't see when it was raised.

I believe there is a TPI (lehmans terms, a note) for this so dealers will see it on there system.

Johann/Lee ,Do you know when the bulletin was issued?

The bulletin was stapled to my car's service report that stayed at the dealer. I did not get a copy of that. So sorry don't know the date or have a reference number.

Cheers for the replies Chaps.

Just spoken to my dealer and is going to check if there is a TPI on mine.

If so would this be covered by warranty as it should of been carried out at service?

(Serviced end of may ,warranty out end of June.)

• 1 year later...

Hello,

On this topic, I got the same issue on my 2010 Yeti. In my case I guess it can be both sunroof (which I found leaking) and the sprinkler (I will check). Someone was mentioning that the newer yetis have a different drainage (down to the wheel arch). Does anyone has some pictures (not schematics) and the part numbers to do this conversion?

Thanks.

Hello,

On this topic, I got the same issue on my 2010 Yeti. In my case I guess it can be both sunroof (which I found leaking) and the sprinkler (I will check). Someone was mentioning that the newer yetis have a different drainage (down to the wheel arch). Does anyone has some pictures (not schematics) and the part numbers to do this conversion?

Thanks.

PM me your email address and I'll send you over the technical bulletin for the drainage upgrade,which includes the P/N

I had this done to my Yeti (but not at the dealer) and its cured the problem!