Post your facelift Yeti picture

Nick P

I have ordered Shark Blue. :happy:

Can not decide which alloys to have Annapura or Origami.

Exactly the same problem - can't decide between these two, and also the Matterhorn for that matter.  Heard the Annapurnas are problematic in the event of damage, but unsure whether that's accurate.

I've finally settled my order;

Outdoor Elegance, Shark Blue, Origami Alloys, Black Leather, Rear LED's, Free Sat Nav. :party:

Hey docc. I am also unsure which wheels to go on. My dealer advised me against origmai as easily kerbd?And against the matterhorns a he said the black finish comes off if kerbd exposing the silver underneath? His colleague said matterhorns look great

with black roof and that anapurnas are hard to clean unless you want to get your toothbrush out!? Cant decide! Wife likes the anapurnas.

• Like 1

My dealer advised me against origmai as easily kerbd

This doesn't make any sense. Why should they be particularly easy to kerb? Origami is the only wheel option on Elegance / L&K which you can easily touch-up or powder coat refurb.

Tell me about it! dealer said the shape and width of spoke? Gave me the impresion that the spokes were sticking out past the profile of the tyre? Does anyone know if its a jungle green in the t.v ad that someone kindly provided a link too with the white

urban and green looking outdoor? Just the configurator in muscovado looks alot darker than our current yeti .

Tell me about it! dealer said the shape and width of spoke? Gave me the impresion that the spokes were sticking out past the profile of the tyre? Does anyone know if its a jungle green in the t.v ad that someone kindly provided a link too with the white

urban and green looking outdoor? Just the configurator in muscovado looks alot darker than our current yeti .

Has the dealer actually seen this alloy wheel in real life? If not then he's waffling to make himself sound superior or something. As an example of the rubbish he's talking have you zoomed in on a Matterhorn? You'll notice the ENTIRE circumference of the wheel (as well as part of the design) is silver. This is exactly where a wheel normally gets kerbed and thus if you do kerb a Matterhorn it goes silver where it is already silver.

6010718349_f1d1290125_z.jpg

http://www.skodaparts.com/product/yeti-alloy-wheel-matterhorn-17-2011-2013-50209

Yes the Yeti in the Škoda promotional video is Jungle Green. A perfect colour for a 4x4 in my book. Sort of green, sort of brown and very cool in my book.

• Like 1

Hey docc. I am also unsure which wheels to go on. My dealer advised me against origmai as easily kerbd?And against the matterhorns a he said the black finish comes off if kerbd exposing the silver underneath? His colleague said matterhorns look great

with black roof and that anapurnas are hard to clean unless you want to get your toothbrush out!? Cant decide! Wife likes the anapurnas.

I'm equally puzzled.  In my case the dealer knew nothing about any of the wheels, but I can see why the Matterhorns might lose their black finish - I wasn't too keen on the look anyway, so avoided them.  The Annapurnas look good to me, but I avoided them because of the alleged difficulty in repairing them if damaged - though that could just be hearsay.

That left the Origamis, which looked OK in the brochures but I haven't managed to see them in real life.  Still prefer the look of the Annapurnas, though.  Could still change the order later, I suppose.

As an example of the rubbish he's talking have you zoomed in on a Matterhorn? You'll notice the ENTIRE circumference of the wheel (as well as part of the design) is silver. This is exactly where a wheel normally gets kerbed and thus if you do kerb a Matterhorn it goes silver where it is already silver.

Top tip. I'll never worry about kerbing a silver wheel again. It'll just go silver where it's already silver. :)

• Like 1

Top tip. I'll never worry about kerbing a silver wheel again. It'll just go silver where it's already silver. :)

:giggle:  Which looks YEARS better than silver scratches on an all black wheel trust me.

wtfshitvic4.jpg

Quick question for anyone who has placed an order (or from one of the dealers - Lee or Dale): apparently the LED rear lights are confusing the Skoda ordering system.

Has anyone actually had the LED rear lights option confirmed (on an L&K to be specific)? Not just on an order form but actually confirmed on the computer?

Hypothetical question, obviously.... ;)

Thanks for the close up pic johann the wife is now sold on the matterhorns! Could never see a close up and the configerator

doesnt look clear. We are thinking of getting the black roof to go with wheels. Looks great on white yeti the black roof and rails. Or then again the black may show up dust on roof!

Quick question for anyone who has placed an order (or from one of the dealers - Lee or Dale): apparently the LED rear lights are confusing the Skoda ordering system.

Has anyone actually had the LED rear lights option confirmed (on an L&K to be specific)? Not just on an order form but actually confirmed on the computer?

Hypothetical question, obviously.... ;)

I have optioned them on my SE and have a "provisional" build date of wk 50, so assume there is not an issue. Just had a look on the configurator, and see that they are still showing as an option on SE and Elegance, but strangely not for the L&K. I have a sneaky feeling that they will be standard on the L&K.

• Like 1

The configurator doesn't appear confused... all versions except L&K show non-LED rear lights if option isn't ticked, and show LED rear lights if it is ticked.

Best seen by turning the car in the view option and saving as wallpaper.

The L&K shows LED rear lights without any LED option being ticked (there isn't one anyway...)

GB

The configurator doesn't appear confused... all versions except L&K show non-LED rear lights if option isn't ticked, and show LED rear lights if it is ticked.

Best seen by turning the car in the view option and saving as wallpaper.

The L&K shows LED rear lights without any LED option being ticked (there isn't one anyway...)

GB

Very observant!

Just done a side by side (rear view) comparison exercise myself, and never noticed the different rear lights before (SE with and without LED option).

I was correct then with my hunch that LED rear lights are standard on the L&K.

Good spot on the Configurator picture - but, one does wonder why LED lights aren't listed as standard equipment on the L&K either on the original website equipment list or that generated from the Configurator....

Agree - most strange.

I don't find it strange at all. SUK have only been this lackadaisical with their Yeti information since the car was launched in 2009. So nothing new here.

• Like 1

Strange to us though, who are new to the Skoda way of life though! :sun:

Ah yes indeed...  well then, welcome to the world of SUK where all the people in the world go to work that are not interested in what they do or indeed know what a car is or how it functions.

As an example see point 25 in this thread and then the related thread within that.  It's old and not all relevant anymore but gives you a flavour of their "abilities" and how the left and right hand in that place never talk to each other.

• Like 2

Ah yes indeed...  well then, welcome to the world of SUK where all the people in the world go to work that are not interested in what they do or indeed know what a car is or how it functions.

As an example see point 25 in this thread and then the related thread within that.  It's old and not all relevant anymore but gives you a flavour of their "abilities" and how the left and right hand in that place never talk to each other.

Understand now - many thanks and very informative.