Kermit. Perhaps highest BHP 8v 1289cc Favorit in UK

Favorit Ken

Oh and the other day I made a bigger pulley for the water pump, as it doesn’t need to rotate quite so fast.

WPP.jpg

So Kermit is over 200bhp per ton and about 107bhp per litre.

• Like 2

Look again Jim I know what you're saying but you have the rotation wrong. Try and visualize looking through the timing cover from the outside, not in it as in the photo.

doh!!! yea and I've not even had a beer yet.. ignore me

how about a £ per hp  :peek:

• Like 1

Well I reckon if I was to build another it would cost around the £4000  mark thats not including the gearbox. So that would be about £28 per bhp which seems very cheap but this one probably cost about £8000 which is around £57 per bhp which still seems cheap.

Edited by Favorit Ken

Forgot to mention the flywheel and paddle clutch, which I had made by Helix at great expense but it is very light.

Clutchfly1.jpg

Clutchfly2.jpg

Clutchfly3.jpg

While I’m posting might as well mention the engine and gearbox mounts which are harder and also lower the engine by 7mm, which helps the centre of gravity. I used a Felicia/Favorit front wishbone rubber for all of these.

Lower gearbox steady:

Gbmount.jpg

Gearbox top mount:

Gearbox%20top%20mount%202.jpg

Engine mount:

Engine%20mount%202.jpg

There was the suspension top mounts as well, I bought some blanks and modified them to give more camber and a little caster. Had to alter the turrets a bit as you can see.

TM1.jpg

TM2.jpg

TM3.jpg

TM4.jpg

TM5.jpg

TM6.jpg

Edited by Favorit Ken
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Cracking stuff Ken,

it's amazing how you guys (the modifiers) come up with all the different ideas to change/alter/modify bits and pieces to get them to fit and work.

We only see the photos and finished items, never the time and effort put in to achieve these fantastic results.

Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Haha absolutely love this. Im not a Felicia fan but a nearly 140hp 1.3 in less than 700kg what fun that must be, and 8k RPM's!!

That thing clearly would show alot of supposedly fast modern metal up 0-100 mph!!

• Like 1

Haha absolutely love this. Im not a Felicia fan but a nearly 140hp 1.3 in less than 700kg what fun that must be, and 8k RPM's!!

That thing clearly would show alot of supposedly fast modern metal up 0-100 mph!!

Isn't it a Favorit?

• Like 2

hi ken, glad to see you using it for what you built it for, i still marvel at how kosher your favorit is every time i see pictures of it :love:

Oh dear, I've ordered a front splitter/bumper from Czech and some side skirts from a guy in UK. I was hoping to get some aerodynamics. I was also thinking of making underneath as flat as I can with a defuser at the back and some gills in the front wings to let the air out. Do you think these will ruin your 'kosher' of Kermit ?

Yeah you're probably right Tom but I guess I can put the stuff on 'cause I can always take it off again. I'll put some photo's up when I have and you guy's on here can tell me what you think lol.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well Danny. Just been drag racing got a 14.74 which isn't my best (14.46) but the best I could manage today. I have no photo's as I was on my own but a chap called Matt that I met, who is on this forum, took some so hopefully he will post them or send them to me so I can post.

• Like 1