Upgraded Front Discs - Recommendations?

The second set of Eurocarpart sourced Pagids on the front of my V6 TDi Edition 100 have just started thumping indicating they've warped again. I had similar problems with the same brakes on my previous 2 Passat V6 TDi's which used the same brakes. I cured it on the last Passat - a 54 plate car - by fitting upgraded drilled discs and green stuff pads but that was about 6 years ago.

Does anyone have any current recommendations for upgraded discs and pads? I'm tempted to go Brembo and green stuff but it seems there are a lot of different prices out there for them which makes me wonder if some are fakes.

Suggestions on what to use and where to source most gratefully received.

I am running EBC high carbon blades on mine - they were one of the only high carbon discs I could find in the UK. The high carbon content means they *ought to be able to withstand heat a bit better and therefore be less probe to warping. My last set of Pagid discs went the way of yours I also looked at ATE Powerdiscs as well which came in around £120 shipped from Germany (eBay).

I personally wouldn't use Greenstuff on a car the size of yours. I am on OE spec Pagid pads at the moment which seem to be doing a fine job.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/manranges.asp?code=31

Have a look at Nitrac discs. I had some years ago they last and last and don't warp. Only changed them due to corrosion.

Just bought another set for the front and rear. Should have have them soon!

This time i will paint all unswept areas with VHT paint to prevent unsightly corrosion.

Had green stuff pads and they are **** BTW!

• Like 1

I went for the 8 groove for front and rear. Don't bother with drilled. Drilled can crack around the holes but you'd probably be ok with cryogenicly treat discs.

My feeling on drilled discs is that they cater for the boy racer fraternity in Citroen saxo's and offer no performance benifit.