How long until the 'excess condensation' threads!?

It's about this time of year, each and every year, that new MkII owners realise their cars like to mist up more than they are used to.

I'll give it another week for the first one!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All the windows in my car were misted up on tuesday night after I'd finished work and the windscreen was so bad the water was actually rinning down the inside of it. It took 10 mins of the heater on full blast on to the windscreen to clear it enough to drive home safely. Even after a 15 mile journey there was still some condensation at the very bottom of the windscreen (not obscuring my vision). I gave all of the windows a good clean the next morning and I've not had the problem since. I just think that its something to do with having dirty windows that need a clean and even if its not its helped my car not to steam up as much

Forgot to add that the only reason I sat for 10 mins with the heater on is because I didn't have a sponge or anything to clear up all of the condensation

Edited by Blackline Stu

I just think that its something to do with having dirty windows that need a clean and even if its not its helped my car not to steam up as much

+1

Silver - How long until the "my diesel skoda doesn't get to operating operating temperature" and "why has my MPG dropped" :wall: 

• Like 4

condensation on windows, usually on a Japanese car that is stuck in the middle lane of the M62, usually has too many people in it and I am 100% certain they all have the recirc set to on in the car.  Anyone else familiar this group of motorists?

As for my Diesel misting up, never! The amount of time I spend in the car it never gets time to go properly cold. 

• Like 3

I was thinking of this thread myself after I got in the car last night and had some light condensation on windscreen and rear window! But as it's set to be low 20's temp wise next week here sod it!  :sun:

I use those condensation bag things, the big reusable ones, not small cheapo ones and highly recommend them. 

• Like 1

I was thinking of this thread myself after I got in the car last night and had some light condensation on windscreen and rear window! But as it's set to be low 20's temp wise next week here sod it!  :sun:

I use those condensation bag things, the big reusable ones, not small cheapo ones and highly recommend them. 

I use my garage. Does the trick every time.

I use my garage. Does the trick every time.

As a real man the garage is pre occupied with a bike I will have you know :P 

• Like 4

Yeah mine has started doing this, but not as bad as my Fabia, time of year to get the RainX Anti Fog and moisture absorbing bags out...

Those bags worked a treat in minimizing the moisture in the car.

Had one in the rear and one in the front of each of our cars

So which bags do people recommend? these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VEHICLE-CAR-HOME-DEHUMIDIFIER-BAG-MOISTURE-ABSORBER-SUPER-1-5-KG-X-2-/321212317226?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item4ac9befe2a or these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VEHICLE-CAR-HOME-DEHUMIDIFIER-BAG-MOISTURE-ABSORBER-SUPER-1-5-KG-X-2-/221285378288?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item3385a2e8f0

Funnily enough am a new owner of an Octy 2 and was going to ask this question.

Previous car was a Rover 75 and it didn't mist up, it closed all vents as part of the shut down procedure, which seemed to help. Wonder why other car makers don't do this? However, am looking forward to being able to park the wipers where I want in winter, that wasn't possible on a 75. I hope the Ocy is faster to warm up than the 75, my 1st 10 miles to work is all down hill and it used to take maybe 12 miles before the 75 was blowing warm, never mind hot.

Chris

Edited by kissifer

Changing the aircon filter seems to help with the fogging up issue. I noticed an improvement directly after it was done a few years ago anyway. If the current one is in any way damp it's worth a try.

Car misting up, fuel consumption rising, leaves falling off the trees, banging & flashing from the sky, rain lashing the ground........end of days has arrived......

WHAT, the heating's come on too !!!  :sweat: , house is all damp, next thing you know time will stand still (for an hour at least). 

Oh yeah...  :think: ...late October, another year nearly gone  :giggle: