How long until the 'excess condensation' threads!?

The Octavia I was also a bear to keep clear in winter.  The ventilation was just bad - it was like that from brand new.  On many cars you can turn off the blower motor on the motorway as there is enough natural draught; not with the Octavia.

i have noticed recently my front windscreen and rear window misted over inside when i finished work this evening , Im sure this did not happen last year though  with the same weather conditions.

blame silver1011 :giggle:    mine was fine last week but getting misting too these past few days especially after finishing work

• Like 1

Rain x or Turtle Wax Ice Window Cleaner both seem to help mine. As Ryan says though make sure you apply carefully, you don't need much and it glares in the sun if you don't polish it out.

mine too took it to skoda they said common issue with the boot seals if you open your boot you'll see water in the recess of the seal my dads had his replaced on warrenty im going in hopefully next week have mine repleced also they said they are gong to test the moisture level in the car if its high they will have it in over night with a dehumidifier in it to remove any moisture

Got in my car this morning and it took me back to my mini days and I mean BL not BMW more water and ice on inside I thought cars had moved on heyho .

Thought I would have a wee look in the boot or as I call it now the indoor pool 2" water .

Now all dry and boot seal adapted so water runs out it so it doesn't freeze inside the rubber , window washer pipe is ok and I'm going to park my car tail down and put dehumidifier crystals in and rain x anti fog

I know I've not said anything new but I just had to say something (made me feel better)

Regards Whoosh

I can definitely say that mine is getting worse for condensation, I logged in tonight to read up on condensation ...... any tips for after market 12V dehumidifiers to plug in?

Whoosh ....... getting to the point I need to fight with the wife to get Betty the Yeti rather than drive the LE to work, getting very fed up waiting in the mornings.....and after leaving car for 1 hour in the evening .....

I can definitely say that mine is getting worse for condensation, I logged in tonight to read up on condensation ...... any tips for after market 12V dehumidifiers to plug in?

Whoosh ....... getting to the point I need to fight with the wife to get Betty the Yeti rather than drive the LE to work, getting very fed up waiting in the mornings.....and after leaving car for 1 hour in the evening .....

I feel your pain but I will say so far and it's now frosty here in the West of Scotland the small fixes I've done are working

Cheers whoosh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Those pingi condensation bags off eBay work a treat 2 for 12 squid 1 in front one on back parcel shelf colour changes from blue to pink 5 mins In microwave back to blue again ready to be re used

Sent from my iPhone 5

using Tapatalk

When I first started driving back in the 60's it used to take my girlfriend and myself at least 20 minutes of driving around to get the windows misted up in my ford anglia.

I never have condensation - never - no iced up insides on winter mornings, no steamed up windscreen just as I turn into the sun, zilch. The reason why is that I dont use the air-conditioner in winter. Unless there is something wrong with the car i.e., water ingress from leaky seals etc., then it is the air-conditioner condensation that is causing the problem. Switch it off before you set out on a decent journey, let the system dry out properly and hey presto no condensation. I don't know why VAG are so appalling at this but that is my workaround.

• Like 1

I never have condensation - never - no iced up insides on winter mornings, no steamed up windscreen just as I turn into the sun, zilch. The reason why is that I dont use the air-conditioner in winter. Unless there is something wrong with the car i.e., water ingress from leaky seals etc., then it is the air-conditioner condensation that is causing the problem. Switch it off before you set out on a decent journey, let the system dry out properly and hey presto no condensation. I don't know why VAG are so appalling at this but that is my workaround.

Sorry, but I totally disagree with that. Last winter I got lots of condensation on the inside of my windscreen. After reading posts here, this winter I've been using my CC every day and also have some dehumidifier packs in a passenger footwell, and I now hardly ever get any condensation.

How running CC would make the inside of the car more humid escapes me. Also, in the winter people often get into cars with wet clothes due to the lovely weather, hence extra moisture in the car even with perfect door seals (which Octavia do not have anyway).

Edit: TsvRS - just a thought, I assume you've checked that your pollen filter isn't wet? If it is try replacing this and then running you AC/CC...

Edited by Ultrasonic

I had excess condensation when I first got the car, right up until I read the advice about not using the AC. You really do notice the difference; even if the windscreen isn't particularly misted, if you've had the AC on previously it very quickly mists up when the fans come on. No such problems if the AC hasn't been used.

The advice I read (on another thread on this forum) mentioned that it's a common problem with some VAG cars and sure enough, it was easy to find plenty of threads on other forums talking about it.

Yup, since having car serviced just before Xmas rear window has heavy condensation. Never had this problem before. Boot well had half inch water which I cleared out on Box Day (had some sunshine for a few hours). Water returned within a couple of days. Water pours out of vents and runs down into boot well. Rest of boot is completely dry. Will take it to dealer to rectify, it's out of warranty so will have to pay up.