Superb Mk2 Bluetooth Module Upgrade

Hi all,

I need to update my bluetooth module so that I can pair with my iphone but I can't find either of the newer modules as mentioned in the RSAP sticky thread i.e. either 5N0 035 730 D or 3C8 035 730A. I've looked on fleabay, worldwide but all I can find are the following:

5N0 035 730

5N0 035 730B

5N0 035 730C

5K0 035 730D

or

3C8 035 730C

3C8 035 730D

Does anyone know whether any of the above are a suitable plug and play upgrade. I don't want to simply chance it and waste my money..

Appreciate any help anyone can offer & thanks in advance..

• Like 1

I have 5K0 and it works with Hands Free Protocol,(HFP) i.e iPhones.  Don't get 5N0 A/B/C, they are the same as your current one and only work with rSAP, which is no good for iPhones.  The 3C8 C/D ones are newer than the A and should be fine also.

5k0 does not do rSap at all as far as I am aware. My D unit definitely doesn't. You need the 5n0 d or above for that or 3c8 a or above I believe.

Adam

Im fairly sure i bought the 5ko one and believe its a seat part. Works fine in my superb but didnt have an aerial socket so it uses the phone aeriel instead

Why no aerial socket?

I have 5K0 and it works with Hands Free Protocol,(HFP) i.e iPhones.  Don't get 5N0 A/B/C, they are the same as your current one and only work with rSAP, which is no good for iPhones.  The 3C8 C/D ones are newer than the A and should be fine also.

Does your 5K0 have an aerial socket - and was it a straight swap?

No aerial needed as that is for rsap which it doesn't have. And it is a straight swap yes.

Ashfan: If your 3c8 A doesn't switch I'm not sure any will as that is the premium module.

Adam

No aerial needed as that is for rsap which it doesn't have. And it is a straight swap yes.

Adam

Ah OK.. I don't really understand what RSAP is unfortunately but I gather I don't need it for iphone connectivity. 

Its short for remote sim access profile. It means the phone takes over the sim card and becomes the phone. Iphones don't like that! And nor do most other phones these days.

Ashfan: If your 3c8 A doesn't switch I'm not sure any will as that is the premium module.

Adam

I have the 3C8 C module and do have the option to switch on the fly from within Maxidot - whether this is module-related or not I don't know.  It's under Phone menu > Settings > Phone Settings > Phone Mode.  In there you have the option of using either Premium (which is of course RSAP) or Handsfree.

Michael

Yes mine does. On my pre-FL Octavia it can't be controlled via the maxidot, only the head unit. The later FL Octavias and presumably later Superbs it can be controlled by both. However, even if its only the head unit, the functionality is fine, so it's no real issue.

A quick update on my situation. I decided to change my 3C8 035 730A for a 3C8 035 730D so I could change between handsfree and rSAP "on the fly" or as I`m driving.

It`s this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181242122759?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649. As you can see I made him an offer of 180€ and he accepted.

It arrived after 5 days, fitted in 10 minutes and its working perfectly, no vcds needed. It even has wifi which I managed to get working although not sure if that is working by being tethered to my phone, which unfortunately my contract won`t allow, so I don`t understand how thats working but it did. I could listen to my Tunein app whilst being connected to the car in rSAP or Premium mode.

There seems to be a few extra options in the maxidot aside from the wifi but not had a chance to explore them yet

And if thats not enough I can now switch on the fly between handsfree and rSAP, I`m a very happy bunny.

I`ll give it a week or so and sell on my 3C8 035 730A if anybody wants one.

Ashfan, glad you have it sorted.  Regarding the networking, do you mean wifi?  I know the car has the ability to create a bluetooth network, but that is different from wifi (different frequency and everything else).  Yours would be the first I've heard of it creating a wifi hotspot, which would also be good!

Michael

Its definitely wifi. I`ll take a picture of the maxidot setting when I get a minute.

If you look at the link in Adams post #14 above it does indicate in the comments column that wifi is included and it does indeed seem to have wifi.

When I first chose it in the settings menu it came up with a number of options to connect to. Two of them were tmobile/blah blah but a third was "everywhere" which I know is a setting for EE. I chose that and it worked.

I`ll go out and have another look in a while

• Like 1

There are modules out there that turn the car into a wifi hotspot, eg. you hook up your phone to the car, data connection enabled, the car broadcasts a wifi signal out so your kids in the back can go on a wifi network and use your phone data.

I'm retrofitting mine in a few days.

There are modules out there that turn the car into a wifi hotspot, eg. you hook up your phone to the car, data connection enabled, the car broadcasts a wifi signal out so your kids in the back can go on a wifi network and use your phone data.

I'm retrofitting mine in a few days.

So is that tethering. If so I`ll probably get a stern warning from T mobile/EE and my wrists slapped.

WiFi and reading out text messages? Both useful additions! Almost tempted to swap my one out for those two, even though I already have rSAP / HFP switching!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

So is that tethering. If so I`ll probably get a stern warning from T mobile/EE and my wrists slapped.

It ought to be tethering, yes. However your car is of course the phone sharing its connection and EE might not have come across too many 15ft handsets. Therefore they may not recognise the signature of a phone that is allowing tethering?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2